Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there NO ability to be able to change the avatar in the store anymore?

I was trying to go in to update and change the avatar on my store profile to make it easier for people to identify me if they wanted to be friends in the store member profiles and well...no ability to change the avatar. ~sigh~ Does anybody have any idea about what's going on or did EA disable that function?
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited June 2020
    When I'm on my page, my avatar still has this little pencil in the right corner. When I click that, it seems I can still change tha avatar to something pre-existing or a Sim of my own making (provided I have uploaded to my Studio). Don't you have that pencil?

My go to solutions when something in the store isn't working as it should are: clearing all browser history, temporary diasble my add blocker and/or allowing indirect/third party cookies within the browser settings, trying a different browser (I use Google Chrome, so I try Mozilla or Opera, you could even try it in Edge) or trying it on my mobile to see if that works.

EDIT:
    Oh, and I just read this which I thought was interesting (the part I highlighted red):
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Try clearing out the browser history for Internet Explorer even if you don't use IE as your browser as well as your caches and cookies to see if that helps.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think if you're looking to add a custom avatar, then I think it doesn't work anymore like it should.

This thread that was created back in 2013 by someone wondering why they couldn't see their uploaded sim in the Uploaded Avatars tab. Of course I don't think the team ever did anything to fix it as I don't see any of mine in the list as well when I go to the avatar page... :(
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-Custom-Avatar-for-Sims-3-website-not-working/td-p/494954
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I think if you're looking to add a custom avatar, then I think it doesn't work anymore like it should.

This thread that was created back in 2013 by someone wondering why they couldn't see their uploaded sim in the Uploaded Avatars tab. Of course I don't think the team ever did anything to fix it as I don't see any of mine in the list as well when I go to the avatar page... :(
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-Custom-Avatar-for-Sims-3-website-not-working/td-p/494954

You can still do it. I just did mine a couple minutes ago.

@Nikkei_Simmer You need to upload a sim (not a household) and before uploading replace the first picture on the upload with what you want to appear. I use Sims3UIC to do that: https://www.zindasgoldensims.com/. You do access where to change it with the pencil on your avatar picture as SimLibby already said.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread