Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More swatches for game items!

Hello,

Lets be honest. I can imagine that cororwheel can be hard to add, but we dramatically need more swatches (and color match) for game items as kitchen cabnets. Due to poor colors my kitchen are too similar to each other. Look at this and see what we can do if EA give us finally more textures and cabinet colors to existing items:

kitchenrecolours-styles.png

Nordshineseating-styles.png

I am console player and due to that I can not just download CC and mods so I am suffering to lack of color choice.

Comments

• RekatihwRekatihw Posts: 8 New Member
    I agree, but they should also allow you to make custom swatches by choosing the primary and secondary color individually.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Agreed.. More swatches for columns especially would be very welcome at this point.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Guys. Look also at below wall colors:

tumblr_nv4jdrhYy91ue17uso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ofq4krABJ61trldm8_500.png

And this base game counters:

7541a26ff604c5c22b94b534ed8a3b1d.jpg

• sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited July 2020
    I agree, and they truly ought to make their swatch options consistent throughout BB mode. It's so difficult to match furniture, doors, windows, floor tiles, walls ... etc.

The game's basis is on architecture, you know — Will Wright's original idea was an architecture program, and Sims were kind of an afterthought — of course, The Sims has evolved since then, but it seems they returned to the architectural/design route with The Sims 4. That's why I find it odd they don't even provide common matching swatches. Even one item's "black" is different from another, which is different from another, and so on, etc.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I agree with your idea but unless they can make money from it well ain't going to happen. We wait for patches because there no money in fixes. They have there heads in the cloud at the moment over this Knitting thing because it will make money. Will Wright was a genius but sadly the Sims are in the hands of Wall Street.