Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco lifestyle and sitting in the dark

SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
If you vote for power conservation be prepared for them to shut your lights off for 12 hours.
What was I thinking ? :D

edit: Was all set to use 25 pieces (bits & pieces) on a generator for the Sim to have lights, but what is strange is that he went to the community center, hung out there and came home about 9 pm and his lights are on again, so its not so bad.

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Have you tried to use candles? They work off the grid so I expect they also work during power conversation.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Like Atreya33 suggested, I use candles in such situations.

It is more complicated when water is shut down and sims might need to go for a bath at community lots in other worlds. Yes, the sims accept invitations in such situations as most of my community lots have showers or bathtubs.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Sims have super owl eye sight and can read in the dark anyway. No light no problem.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I got this and it was weird. The lights didn't actually go off and my Sim could still cook... etc. I don't know if it is because my Sim was off lot when she got the notification and then went home once she got it.
    Does the Sim get a buff from it?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    edited December 2020
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Have you tried to use candles? They work off the grid so I expect they also work during power conversation.

Hi, sorry, know this is a very very late response. No excuse.
    No, I didn't use candles, I just sent him to the community center, when he came back home, his
    lights were on again.
    Candles are a good alternative.
    Didn't even cross my mind then, so thanks for bringing it up.
    I think its a good touch they put that in there, even though it surprised me.
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I got this and it was weird. The lights didn't actually go off and my Sim could still cook... etc. I don't know if it is because my Sim was off lot when she got the notification and then went home once she got it.
    Does the Sim get a buff from it?

Sorry can't remember, its been a while.
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Sims have super owl eye sight and can read in the dark anyway. No light no problem.

Like this comment a lot, because it didn't seem to bother him at all, or any other Sims I've played when it was dark, so that explains it.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Yeah, candles in every room works for me. :D Good thing the blackout is only for 12 hours.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.