Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Bugs, Issues And Errors You Encounter With Eco Lifestyle EP and the Base Game?

After the new expansion pack Eco Lifestyle was released on June 5, 2020 and after playing the game for quite some time, what bugs, issues or errors you encounter with the new expansion pack together with the base game?

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Food no longer spoils in fridges.
    My sims keep cooking new food or opting for quick meals when there is leftovers.
    The N.A.P's are out of control. I have mods to fix them currently. :D
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My sims keep cooking new food or opting for quick meals when there is leftovers.
    The N.A.P's are out of control. I have mods to fix them currently. :D

Yeah I have the same issue with my Sims he or she keeps cooking various dishes even if there are leftovers in the fridge and I need to check them out so they will not need to cook another dish but just eat the leftovers.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    On one of my lots, all the harvestables magically turned into seeds again. And my Sims just kept trying to plant them over and over. I had to delete them.

Plus, I have the flaming toilets, trying a mod to fix that now.

And, btw, I don't even own the pack.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I noticed the other day that a few child sims are using the digital sketchpad, and stretching to teen/adult-size while using it. It think it has to do with the art N.A.P.

The seed thing @sunblond mentioned seems to be with the vertical planters for me. Although, mine are growing into actual plants but they do turn to seeds after being planted. I also noticed that the vertical planters seem not give you the evolve option on the plants.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited June 2020
    So I took out MCCC and my game is running smoother. Is the current MCCC and EL not compatible? My game before I took out MCCC needed to be forcibly shutdown several times due to the game stopped moving and it was constantly glitching. I took out MCCC to repair and update, like I have several other times, but this time I forgot to put back MCCC and now my game is a less laggy and glitchy. And besides the MCCC issue, the NAP’s have been the worst in my game, even after I cheat remove them. Also having issues with sims going to the refrigerator too much (not due to hunger) and exiting out of queues consistently.
    Post edited by JC1979 on
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I had garden plants reset to seedling stage in one household, post-patch - the first I actively played since the update. Other household gardens have not been affected.

The only other bug is the entertaining but alarming "burning bowl" bug when my Sim uses the toilet sitting down.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    My pets keep disappearing. One minute they are at home the next they are greyed out and my sim has to call them back. Sometimes that calling them back doesn't work. Also I have only played one house since eco living and it isn't a huge house, but there is a lot more clipping going on. The picture below you see the tot going through the couch, although there is plenty of area along side the couch where this shouldn't have happened. My sims regularly clip through counters in the kitchen when a pet in the way instead of waiting for them to move.

OhZb7J5.png
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    -NAPs are a bit wonky lol
    -NAP autonomous actions OVERRIDE player assigned actions even with autonomy on.
    - Sims will drop queued actions for no reason whatsoever.
    - The Sim who initiated woohoo will not actually fall asleep and get the sleep moodlet after woohoo you have to click sleep for the sleeping action to happen and 3x speed to occur.
    - Plants revert back to their planted dirt pile after you click evolve.

And.... The rest.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Sim constantly cancelling my actions to stretch or do push ups after the exercise NAP was enacted - the problem being that the Exercise NAP has been repealed AND my sim now lives in a completely different neighbourhood... :s
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited June 2020
    My sims keep freezing while time passes by. They'll stand around for hours, not moving or doing anything they're told.

Toddlers can collect water from the ocean, but they can do so without limits. It causes their skeletons to stretch. Also also, my child sim t-posed and stood on top of water.

PAlnpFN.png
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • turmalina007turmalina007 Posts: 118 Member
    Atm I can`t play cause game seems to be stuck again. Miss elderly Greenburg got pregnant and had a baby (nope,i don`t use mods). I got a message poped up like she is asking her son what he thinks about trying for a baby. I thought it was funny and i clicked it`s a great idea. That thing where kids and toddlers are stretching is quite often too. They need to patch this up asp.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    My toddlers stretch for various reasons. (I have no mods or CC)
    My plants revert back to dirt clumps, seems random but I can trigger it by travelling for sure.
    Traveling during winter to neighbourhoods that should have snow don't show snow.
    Sims don't grab leftovers anymore, they always make new food or just grab a quick meal.
    They drink water or wash hands like they have nothing better to do. (To be fair they were doing this before EL anyways).
    Actions dropping out of ques or canceling for no good reasons.

NAPS are wonky in my game as well, however, I'm pretty sure that's by design. A poor design, but intended.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    After enacting the creative arts nap all the kids use sketch pads with long arms and legs causing an exception caught by MCCC. Too much is broken. I will disable the pack when I play later!

Hopefully by disabling the pack it will fix gardening.
  • Faith05201Faith05201 Posts: 245 Member
    I want to buy this pack. I had to wait til I had enough money; now I have enough money, but am afraid to get the pack, cuz its so wonky! Can I disable the features that aren't working?
    edited June 2020
    Faith05201 wrote: »
    I want to buy this pack. I had to wait til I had enough money; now I have enough money, but am afraid to get the pack, cuz its so wonky! Can I disable the features that aren't working?

The biggest issue right now is the NAPS and you can absolutely disable that. As soon as you get into the game just go into the menu options and make it so it's disabled except for your active sim. Then you can just let your sim vote for the ones that aren't so buggy. That's what I'm doing until it's fixed. ;)

You can also disable the footprint too, or pause it I think... but I haven't bothered with that because it's not bothering me that much.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Also, all my sims keep getting an uncomfortable moodlet for the house being poorly decorated :( It has a tiled floor and white walls - because I like it that way! I've put up pictures and paintings, but still they are uncomfortable because they don;t like the decor. I find this sooo annoying! I like the idea of paintings and decorations impacting environment score, but not plain paint and tiled floors :/
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

The biggest issue right now is the NAPS and you can absolutely disable that. As soon as you get into the game just go into the menu options and make it so it's disabled except for your active sim. Then you can just let your sim vote for the ones that aren't so buggy. That's what I'm doing until it's fixed. ;)

You can also disable the footprint too, or pause it I think... but I haven't bothered with that because it's not bothering me that much.

Camkat..what naps do you prefer to use?
    wickichick wrote: »

Camkat..what naps do you prefer to use?

It's easier to say which ones to not use...

Sharing is caring is horrible. It turns all sims klepto, including yours. Fine in theory and sounds like fun until you go to the local bar and sims show up and start swiping everything until all you are left with is a shell. Expect to rebuild community lots with this one. I turned this off after refurnishing the bar 3 times, that got old FAST. Sims will also take your house items if you invite them over but I found that to be less annoying than them taking the community items. Either stay home and don't invite people over but that defeats the purpose since your supposed to be able to take items too.

Green gardening is slightly less than horrible. It's fine if you never invite sims around, but sims just knocking on the door will take them too even if you don't invite them in. It will allow visitors to your lot to harvest whatever plants you haven't gotten around to yet that day. Fine if you don't care but I had been growing some birds of paradise for money and they were being harvested nightly by my ghosts sims haunting my family. I fixed it by sending them to the netherworld but then visitors just took them anyways.

So with these 2 you just stay home and never invite anyone over... (that's not much fun) or just don't use them. Some of the others can be annoying and repetitive but these two simply can ruin your sim's life.

• GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    I don’t even have Eco Lifestyle and the influence point icon keeps on coming up 😅
    I don’t even have Eco Lifestyle and the influence point icon keeps on coming up 😅

It comes up on my pets. :D
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member

It comes up on my pets. :D

Yup! I took my dog for a walk and the dog gave my Sim relationship points as well as influence points appeared above my dogs head lol
  • Tippy1960Tippy1960 Posts: 2 New Member
    Any help please, my sims 4 PC game keeps 'breaking' I did a repair twice on origin which only worked for a couple of saves. Since then I have started a new game 4 times! It's ok for a while then it breaks again. I don't use any Mods or CC. There are 6 lots which don't work, 2 in Willow Creak, 2 in Oasis Springs and 2 in Windenberg. They're all on the right side of the town, when you hover the curser over them there is no response, it's always the same 6 lots. Also in CAS many of the color swatches don't work, clothes and makeup. Also the load game option disappears after playing once and going back to reload, again no response with the curser, only the main start game or new game options. I'm thinking the only choice is to uninstall and reinstall. Does anyone have any ideas?? Many Thanks
  • purplereignpurplereign Posts: 111 Member
    The clay balls materializing in sim's inventories is really annoying. And they lay them everywhere, even in the worlds. Also students are not putting their homework back in their inventories, so that OLD bug is back.
    Tippy1960 wrote: »
    Any help please, my sims 4 PC game keeps 'breaking' I did a repair twice on origin which only worked for a couple of saves. Since then I have started a new game 4 times! It's ok for a while then it breaks again. I don't use any Mods or CC. There are 6 lots which don't work, 2 in Willow Creak, 2 in Oasis Springs and 2 in Windenberg. They're all on the right side of the town, when you hover the curser over them there is no response, it's always the same 6 lots. Also in CAS many of the color swatches don't work, clothes and makeup. Also the load game option disappears after playing once and going back to reload, again no response with the curser, only the main start game or new game options. I'm thinking the only choice is to uninstall and reinstall. Does anyone have any ideas?? Many Thanks

This almost sounds like you don't meet the computer/graphics card requirements to play? Had it been working before? You would probably have better luck getting the help you need at the EA Help forums since they don't deal with that here on these boards anymore. Here's the link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4