Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you wish the memories would return to the game?

I personally really miss the memories. Especially as I run several saves at the same time, so I sometimes seem to forget the things some of my sims have experienced in their lifetime. As there is incoming the rocking chair addition to reminiscing this would greatly enhance the experience.

What do you guys think?
origin ID: adduapina

Do you wish the memories would return to the game? 123 votes

Yes, I want memories back!
77%
crocobauraredrogue60sketchesalan650111aprilroseAbsafraginlootlyCamkatPlayerSinger2010danacnbrettIsb917Bloosmooirishdragon7mcorralfruitsbasket101fmilRachel580superpurple1smurf45blueamcroceKhrisstyne 95 votes
No, I don't want memories back.
8%
Mariefoxprice83friendlysimmersloubylouloutroshalomRedShoe7MondaylogionMarduc_PlaysAuroraskiesSimAlexandria 10 votes
Doesn't matter to me.
12%
SimburianIObelleluthienrisingalanmichael1kristenleighwhiteOnverserEnkiSchmidtSimtown15ChazzzyEvie0602SERVERFRARememberJoyRouensimsNushkagoblinscauldron 15 votes
Other:
2%
kemowerytexxx78GlacierSnow 3 votes

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes!! But not sims 3 memories. Sims 2 memories. Except the "I met this sim" memory when youre a popularty sim it spams the history. They were so interesting, especially when they were positive or negative memories depending on the traits. Also provided back story on ea families like the goths when you went to view them, it gave a timeline of each persons history.

Id like that added back along with a sim description in CAS, and be able to view that description when you look at your relationships tag and can view your sim friends. That helps with storytelling too.

x8yh8u6tghf21.jpg
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other:
    I want memories back, but sim's 2 memories. I've disabled sim's 3 memories because they cluttered the game and made it slower.
    So, yeah, if It's well done, it's something that i want a lot.
    For now what i've been doing is writing a couple of short sentences about each family member describing what they're doing with their lifes in the household bio. It can't be a big description because of the small amount of words we can write there, but it's enough for me to take a look and reconnect with each sim's life and desires before i start playing them.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2020
    As far as I recall it could increase your loading times a lot in the sims 3 if you had a lot of memories. I remember looking at an old save file that I had played for a while with S3PE and the game had saved tons of data which was all different memories. I deleted them all and the game loaded so much faster after that.

I worry that if they would make something like that for the sims 4 and not make it work well... then save files and your game could take a massive hit in performance.
  • AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    Put me in the "Yes but the Sims 2 kind" camp.
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    For sure i do! I think they give a lot of depth and personality to each individual sim! They were pretty meh in ts3, like i dont recall them doing anything! I want a system that is like ts2 or even better!
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Memories and also your Sim's romantic reputation because I always strove to have the worst reputation possible and it was always a lot of fun
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no since i prefer as a player how it is in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes please! But only if it's the TS2 kind and not the game breaking bloating TS3 kind. I had to keep them turned off in TS3 so they might as well just not been there.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Absolute yes to Sims 2 memories. That'd be great for storytelling. I'd love it if you could reminisce in the rocking chair and a notification would pop up with what they were thinking about, like:
    *Name* reminisced about her divorce from *name*.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Doesn't matter to me.
    I never checked Memories from past games. The only thing I remember is when you would get a notification that your Sims were celebrating their wedding anniversary on that day. That was cool.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would also prefer Sims 2 Memory System. It was lots of fun. It shouldn't be something we get through using mods in Sims 4.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm a little bit in the middle. I think it could get messy because I delete non main sims like hot cakes. And I worry how it would effect the memory tied to another sim.
    I could see this being buggy.

For sims 4 I hate how they made the memory connected to a photo in the screen shot manager area. I never use it because it's so weird and inconvenient just to get to it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Memories used to be the first thing I would check in TS2 when playing a household for the first time. Memories often corroborated bios, and helped further distinguish Sims from one another. No two Sims had the same life experience and that made them feel even more unique. They also helped give the idea that Sims had their own thoughts and opinions on events that happened to them which suggested personality.
    I can’t even remember what memories were like in TS3 but I had a pretty uneventful go with TS3 because it was just not great on my computer after a while.

Some of the moodlets in TS4 could easily be converted into Memories - the big milestone ones like dating, babies, marriage, promotions, death, etc. There could be ones for things Sims currently can’t seem to recognize like moving to a new home, traveling to a new world, etc. They could even determine what counts as memory worthy based on Sim traits. For example, a Foodie Sim getting memories for when they learn a new recipe or try a new food for the first time.

Memories would add so much and I don’t even think it would be that hard to implement in the TS2 style.

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want Sims 2 memory system.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes to Sims 2 memories!!

I second this!! Make it happen EA
    Memories used to be the first thing I would check in TS2 when playing a household for the first time. Memories often corroborated bios, and helped further distinguish Sims from one another. No two Sims had the same life experience and that made them feel even more unique. They also helped give the idea that Sims had their own thoughts and opinions on events that happened to them which suggested personality.
    I can’t even remember what memories were like in TS3 but I had a pretty uneventful go with TS3 because it was just not great on my computer after a while.

Some of the moodlets in TS4 could easily be converted into Memories - the big milestone ones like dating, babies, marriage, promotions, death, etc. There could be ones for things Sims currently can’t seem to recognize like moving to a new home, traveling to a new world, etc. They could even determine what counts as memory worthy based on Sim traits. For example, a Foodie Sim getting memories for when they learn a new recipe or try a new food for the first time.

Memories would add so much and I don’t even think it would be that hard to implement in the TS2 style.

• Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member

This is the way is really should be. Like I appreciate that my Sims get a really positive moodlet for having a child or getting married and a really negative one for a divorce or death but there's no permanence to that set up. With memories Sims would gain so much depth.
    And I really like what you suggest about trait driven memories. That would be such a cool layer to the game!
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Memories are the feature from sims 2 I miss the most. I did not like how they did them in Sims 3.

I loved to look through the memories of my elder sim to see their whole story
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    For sure! But I’d like to see turn ons/turn offs or an attraction system first
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes, the Sims 2 kind, BUT...

I don't want EVERYONE to remember EVERY TIME a member of the family got an A+ in school/got on the honor roll in college. Those memories took up so much space in my game it drove me insane.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    edited August 2020
    On board for sims 2 memories. The stores that came from them are amazing.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I'm a little bit in the middle. I think it could get messy because I delete non main sims like hot cakes. And I worry how it would effect the memory tied to another sim.
    I could see this being buggy.

For sims 4 I hate how they made the memory connected to a photo in the screen shot manager area. I never use it because it's so weird and inconvenient just to get to it.

Totally agree with the current memory system being super inconvenient. I have not used it a single time in all these years. Basically it's nonexistent to me :<
    origin ID: adduapina
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Doesn't matter to me.
    Memories would be nice to have, but aren't a neccessity to me. I'd also run into problems when I start retconning newly spawned sims into existing sims' stories. Suddenly there's an military bunkmate or the highschool friend they had their first kiss with, but my sim cannot remember them, that would be odd.

I'd rather have the Sims 1 photoalbum back. Unlike the Sims 2 version, the Sims 1 album auto-generated a webpage-format album for me to view offline if I wanted. Whereas viewing the Sims 2 album from outside the game requires, I think, a mod (I know can view the screenshots and access the text I've written, but not the actual album).
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I do
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Of course!
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other:
    I take hundreds of screenshots as I play, organize them, give them captions, and sometimes even write them as a story. To me, these are the memories. Doing all this is part of how I have fun playing. I don't have any desire for the game to have some automated system that stores "memories" because they probably won't line up with the story I am telling in my own head.

But I don't necessarily have a problem with a memory system being added to the game as long as I can completely disable it if I don't like the way it works or what it does.

And if it could be a highly customizable system, where players can choose for themselves exactly what gets remembered, how the sim feels about it, what it means, how it affects future behavior or moods and so forth, I might even actually use it.

In other words, I want my sims' memories to be completely a manually controlled feature that I do myself. The current situation of me taking my own screen shots and writing my own captions etc. works perfectly for me as it is.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".