Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rate Eco Lifestyle!

Now that the dust has settled somewhat, did the pack live up to your expectations? Do you love it or wish you hadn't bought it? Maybe there are some bits you love but some bits you already hate...

Give it an overall score out of 10:

Rate Eco Lifestyle! 143 votes

6%
BluegayleBloosmooMaryVannfriendlysimmerssmurf45blueBabykittyjadeScobreHearts4uQueenSaraphine 9 votes
3%
Paigeisin5luthienrisingmebagl15abelhinha35Rouensims 5 votes
19%
alan650111BlkBarbiegalaelias24JueJueCamkatmcruddSnuffyBucketsimgirl1010Moon_WillowMsShaShabarbiegoestexxx78adduapinaKarababy52Bearpal64EnkiSchmidtStarfreeSilentKittyLoanetPotterheadSim 28 votes
23%
SimpatsyannSageRainWillowfreindlylolloubylouloubbeatifulboySjofnDoritoEvieskybird14taydevRamblineRoseDragonAge_300905CheekybitsNetzspannungsillyangel0906quinhobpStutumchacceMDianaSimsmustenicosta09 33 votes
13%
GoldmoldarKita5399Icewolfalexspoom13elanorbretonpajamajam07KhrisstyneAleia1GirklWintermist_SWEAineImSandsTaraIris94smurfy77DianesimsxstxrrysequenceSharoniaGilbertStrangePennyEliasVersaceCygnus2II2 20 votes
9%
CK213asimbsimjimbbqalanmichael1bethyGracemikawagrjssimEricaMGreenSAEldarinlogionSERVERFRAGordySimmerGeorgegothiclolitapl 14 votes
2%
Colorist40OnverserSims4MagicalTalesizecson 4 votes
9%
brackencat31Cabelle1863KaeChan2089gamekittenbevilleMeela_PashtTeeSeabrookiepeoplesSimmerMarsStrawberryYogurtHayleeSimsMarduc_PlaysWispyenetney52 14 votes
4%
Alrynnsikasika18MonaveilRedSunBluesKimmerPlacebo7m4rta1985 7 votes
6%
overonmcorralLustianiciahalloweenchildMoonfoxNightcryAPottsChadSims2BreazonaSheepiling 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like the build objects, juice & candle making and the insect farm. The improved off-the-grid mechanic is also nice. But the main gameplay (naps, community centers, improving the worlds) is shallow and doesn't add much.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I like the build objects, juice & candle making and the insect farm. The improved off-the-grid mechanic is also nice. But the main gameplay (naps, community centers, improving the worlds) is shallow and doesn't add much.
    I agree with the above statement, but I gave it a 6 because I absolutely adore the CAS items.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Somewhere between 7-8 (and apparently I am not in a generous mood).
    I enjoy the Civil Designer career, the freelance career and two of the new traits (especially the Maker trait). The world is very nice, although I would have preferred an additional lot per neighborhood because of the community spaces. CAS is pretty good. Not enough for males, but very nice items for females and I like the hairstyles. Rags to riches are more fun now to me and I am currently playing my first Sim off-the-grid.
    But I feel like the game forced me to disable NPC voting, because while "Sharing is Caring" was active and my Sim went to a bar, the townies robbed it blind to a point where the lot didn't fulfill the lot requirements anymore. They should have disabled this for community lots, it is highly irritating. But at least NPC voting can be disabled, so that's good. But I feel like NPC voting was a big part of the pack, trying to gain influence, convincing others to repeal NAPs and so on and now I have to miss out on that to have functional community lots.
    I don't regret getting the pack when I did and I would buy it again.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    EricaMGreenEricaMGreen Posts: 5 New Member
    I think this pack would be great but there are a lot of issues that I'm having that prevent me from playing it a lot, 1, my needs go down so quick I can get up from eating and maybe 5 minutes later she is hungry and when she does eat the meter doesn't move, sometimes she won't sit down and eat when she is hungry so I have to use the cheat, my hygiene doesn't move it stays in the green, which is good I wish bladder and eating did the same. and I hate that once I'm ego and its green I can leave the game and it goes back to neutral. and the career if I choose to work from home it wants me to rally people to vote how can I when voting is closed and my town is already has what it is asking to me to rally them for.
  • Options
    AprylaApryla Posts: 23 Member
    I kind of like the pack, but right now a lot of the bugs are gamebreaking(I keep having to fix community lots due to townies stealing everything, my sims are summoning clay all the time, my recycle sim keeps stealing things(to the point that my dorm lot doesn't have a tv, sofas, or a sink in the bathroom).

I wish all of the NAPs were available on all the neighborhoods. Why can't I have green initiatives or modern development in any of the other neighborhoods? Just the new one?

The pack has a lot of promise but I wish I would have waited on buying it.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ..it's not a good pack.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The idea was good, the execution ruined it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    My rating is without the NAP/autonomy bug (that was fortunately solved by a mod), as the bug wouldn't lower my rating, but make the pack downright unplayable to me.

Gameplay is what I expected it to be and meshes well with my playstyle. CAS is amazing, Build/Buy has some great and some meh objects, but I love how wallpaint and flooring has once again an impact on our sims' mood. There are some balancing issues, though: The non-neutral footprints are hard to reach and maintain, why does every neighborhood need four active NAPs, sims collect too many votes for too little effort, lot tax capping out at 300 simoleons is a joke. Some of these issues may be bugs, I'm never quite certain what is a bug and what is working as intended in this game.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Loving it 😍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    If the NAPs weren't overwhelming all the worlds, I'd have given this pack a 10. I'm still glad I bought it, and I'm already using lots of elements from this pack.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I got it on the release, but I still can't rate it! I've been mostly playing with NAPs and there's just too much I haven't done. Maybe later.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The NAPS need tuning but I think I could have fun with them and I have had some fun.

The eco-footprint is pretty neat too and I'm enjoying making places like Willow Creek a smog fest.

I adore the CAS and BB. Best yet (IMO) and I'm using it everywhere! I like the fabricator and make juice too, those were fun little additions and my sims really needed more stuff to do. Dumpster diving is hilarious and you can actually do alright with doing it for a living. ;)

I would have rated it higher but the NAPS and the speed of the foot print change and what affects it does need some attention. That bug house is annoying to deal with and I hope they go back and fix that too. (It shouldn't take all day to make a cricket happy...) It's easily my favourite expansion pack for TS4 now though. Game packs are still the winners for me, but expansions usually lack and this one surprisingly didn't this time.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    10 for the amazing and different trash-filled, grunge world (and for the CAS and build items).

1 for general gameplay -- sorry, but way too many game-intrusions (NAPS anyone? No thanks!) and way too simple a game mechanic for replay value imo.

Also, I wanted my Oasis Springs to look as bad as Evergreen Harbor does, but the gameplay isn't set up like that. I didn't care to have my sims voting on stuff I really didn't/don't want in my game (bags on heads? free love? Uh, no thanks!). Yes, I know I can cheat but for 40 bucks should I have to cheat to sidestep the main point of the pack? And, in case someone suggests that I shouldn't have bought the pack...read on....

I'm OK with having bought it as I have plenty of mods that will cheat (and fix) the pack's most bothersome new "features." I had hoped, but am not surprised, with the reality of the pack (for me) and had a handle on it going in. Thank you modders for keeping the game playable and adding so much more to the game!

On a different note, I'm happy to see that quite a few simmers are actually as thrilled with the pack as they expected they would be.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I have no idea what to vote right now. I wish they would fix all the bugs and let the pack run at its full potential. The bugs are destroying it.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm really liking it so far but it could really use some tuning.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Like all things too politically corrected.
    It's a mess!
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I like the pack alot, but I did have some hanging in CAS and build more (now fixed), but my biggest issue is the auto voting which caused everyone to wear bags on their heads. This was a pain, but also kind of funny, however if my neighbors start stealing my stuff, EA must give me auto machine gun turrets to place around my house.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Opps I only meant to bold the word "must".
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The pack has a good mix of serious and silly with the addition of the NAPs. And it's always fun to see the townies doing stuff I have often imagined they were doing behind closed doors, beyond my control. Now I have more control over what they do, and I get to watch it all unfold. There are a couple of bugs that need to be fixed, a couple irritations need to be nuked, and a bit of fine tuning wouldn't hurt, but all in all I am having a lot of fun with EL.
  • Options
    gothiclolitaplgothiclolitapl Posts: 94 Member
    i like the easthetics of the game, and there's a lot of cool concepts, but it's clear that the game wasn't properly play tested considering how many bugs there are and how difficult it is to create the industrial polution
    Origin ID: blackrosespl
    My tumblr: https://blackrose-p-sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The neighborhood is generic, the BB/CAS is hit-or-miss, NAPS are a disaster and the eco footprint stuff was poorly done. But I loved the additions to Off-the-Grid living and being able to make shipping containers. It makes rags to riches challenges a lot more fun.

This should have been a game pack and they should have focused on Off-the-Grid living, which is easily the best part.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    I give it an 8 for now. I had to use 2 mods to fix what for me were the two most annoying things that were happening: eco footprint decaying to neutral and npc's getting traits for all neighbourhood's NAPs.

But then, with these mods, the pack really revealed to me! I love the CAS, i love the skills, i love having one industrial, filthy neighbourhood per town. I love the voting. I really love the voting! Some of my households are fighting for winning naps that revolve around their best interests (I have a sim that is fighting to make her neighbourhood artistic and erudit, so she's influencing others to vote for the creative arts nap and im downloading a library from the gallery, that'll be the neighbourhood's community center), others just ignore naps, others try to comply to naps but they don't care to vote...

Voting gives another dimension to the game. I wish we could create our own naps as we do our clubs. It would be awesome!

ETA i love dumpster diving! And everything the pack offers to rags to reaches and off the grid lifestyles!
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've had a lot of fun with it so far, love the world (there are a lot of towns and small cities in my region that look a lot like EH) and love most of the BB and CAS. I got bored with the voting process after the first go-around and have taken to just cheating on the NAPs that I like and removing the ones I don't; sort of like world traits instead of lot traits. There are definitely a lot of annoying bugs with it it and apparently policy of letting major bugs just exist for months and years doesn't give me much optimism for them being fixed anytime soon. If the devs had a better track record with fixing them I'd be less annoyed about them.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2020
    SO MANY of the NAPs are terrible and I had to mod them out. Whomever thought that autonomously playing with clay or future cubes or obsessively playing magically appearing violins or spammy fights with everyone was a good idea really needs a time out!! I desperately hope the developers are reading our NAP feedback loud and clear and can make changes to how they inherently function before the next patch. Other than most of the NAPs, I LOVE the pack! That is what the shame is. The CAS/BUILD/BUY is some of the best we've seen from a pack. Evergreen Harbor is awesome! I absolutely adore the aesthetics of the world! I really enjoy the functionality of the new community spaces and the associated lots we can vote on for them too. The sims that visit them actually brings these new lots types to life in a sensible way. (Well after I modded the many annoying NAPs that is! ) I love the concept of the polluted/green worlds and ability to affect them even though that feature also needs fine tuning. I adore candle making and juice fizzing and fabricating. The whole dumpster and trash gameplay is strangely satisfying. Off the grid gameplay shines the brightest in this pack. They really thought of almost every detail when it comes to this and it's such a fun way to play my game! Dear developers, I beg of you, please fix those horrendously executed NAPs and this pack will get a 9.5 from me!
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm really enjoying it right now. I gave it a 7 because there are a few annoying things but I am still learning them and the rating will probably go up. There's nothing I hate about it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame