Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New gallery update coming soon?

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    No I don't care about challenges
    Sounds like a waste of resources.
    If they want to improve the Gallery, how about letting us select our own pictures when we upload a build or sim? It's been 6 years, and we still can't do that.
    Challenges sound boring. They want us to follow a "trend" rather than actually play the game. If this is the direction their going, count me out.
  • Options
    And also, I think the Sims team needs to focus more on fixing the bugs in the game right now rather than distracting us with these Gamechangers.
    I'm not going to do some ridiculous challenge for a gamechanger just so I can get a shout out on their channel. Maybe this would be good for 13 years olds, but for older players, who cares?
  • Options
    I can‘t stand how Youtuber-centric this game is becoming.

AMEN.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    No I don't care about GameChangers
    Not crazy about it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Why should I care about what game changers want me to play? I have a mind, I have my own thoughts and why does Maxis only allow those people to make up a challenge and decide who wins it?

This game must be losing interest if game changers have to come up with ways to play.

I'm not against a good challenge (but not something silly and or plum like woohoo 10,000 times) as a side note for a break once in awhile, though I think those sort of things don't belong in a life simulator, but I really, really have no interest in what game changers decide nor who they think won.

Or maybe game changers are bored now, too.

ETA: The only challenge I liked that was created by a player and not a game changer was the Doctor Who challenge for TS4. I don't do 100 baby challenge, or read nine hundred book challenges etc. Never played legacy, I tried one time and I cried I was so bored. And I will say if I wanted linear gameplay and or rpg task list I would go play a good Sherlock Holmes game and or go play a linear rpg that was much more restrictive than even a SH game.

And Maxis, if you want me to play 'challenges' again, I have an idea for you. The Sims Medieval was actually a very good quest game. Make an EP again for it, and I might buy it, and resurrect that game because it's a better quest game than any tasks a game changer would want me to do.

Final thought about this: Boring, old man snoring.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Wait, I'm not done. lol I have an idea Maxis Lyndsay. Why didn't you make a community challenge like they do over at Mod the Sims? Where creators come together to build a medival pack for Simmers to download? Or some other type challenge themes, that have been over on MTS for twenty years? People like to contribute to those type challenges instead of making this about game changers trying to stir up some interest in the failing TS4? Like builders build the homes, storytellers contribute to the background story, world builders build the worlds and so on and so on....ever heard of MTS challenges? where anyone can join the projects and yes, even cc is created etc. that is the type of 'challenges' people like where they are a part of something being built together.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2020

Well I mean whenever there are bugs and other problems caught in-game, the gurus seem to only listen to those youtuber accounts with the little blue check next to their names. I think it's kind of messed up that when regular simmers (like myself) have gone on to report issues/ask questions to specific gurus and the official Sims twitter only to hear *crickets*...It has completely discouraged me from ever attempting to contact any Sims/EA officials on important matters because I am not "popular enough", so therefore my problems are not important.
  • Options
    idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    I'm not talented enough in neither BB nor CAS so i probably won't be participating in any challenges anyway. I'm glad that some people are excited tho.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited June 2020
    bixters wrote: »

AMEN.

I don’t think this has anything to do with the game becoming “youtube-centric,” the sims has always been centred around its community of players, and it just so happens that youtubers/game changers are at the root of a ton of community engagement. Adding features that streamline community engagement from directly inside the game is a huge plus for those players that do engage with community based challenges, and there’s clearly a ton of players who do engage with such community based challenges. I fail to see how adding such a feature is a waste of time when many players will get great use of such a feature.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes I'm excited to try it!
    There are many more Game Changers that go beyond Youtube. There are Gallery GCs who just create Sims and builds, There are instagram and Tumblr GCs who post stories, there are even Forums GCs around us now, who post regular helpful threads, stories, CAS challenges, modeling challenges, build challenges, dating challenges, and anything else you can think of. There are a lot and they are diverse.

I've done a challenge by Simarchy before, and built an Apocalyptic room that was shown on her Twitch stream (with many others) and I really enjoyed it. I've tried out the official Tiny Home challenge by Maxis, which allowed me to build my first complete house in TS4. I did the Mythical Creature challenge that was on the Forums and Gallery, to create a creature using the Cats and Dogs pack and had a blast with it, even created my own lore behind it and made several more of them. I've recently been thinking of joining Rosemow's weekly room build challenge on these Forums, and I think that adding a feature in the Gallery to help connect players with all of the available challenges is a fabulous idea.

Sims 4 challenges are hugely popular. I think some people here just haven't connected with the right channels to tap into them to be aware of them (or just don't care to, which is fine). The Gallery feature will just make it easier, that's all. Those who don't want to partake, can continue to ignore them, and those who like them will have much easier access.

Where Sims 4 falls short in gameplay, it shines in CAS and Build/Buy with flexibility and user friendly tools. The new Gallery feature plays to the game's strengths. It's not a bad thing.

I also agree with @elelunicy that this feature is exactly what EA/Maxis have been talking about when referencing the future of Sims games having online features. It may not be multiplayer at all. I don't think (to my recollection) multiplayer was even specifically ever stated. Most of us just took the term "online" to mean multiplayer. This also could mean more promise for Sims 5 if these are the kinds of non-invasive features they are actually referencing.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sure, why not, I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like to participate and use it. I'm not going to participate and I think that they are too late with features like this, but whatever.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    What was wrong with the hashtags they were using for this?

Anyways, I don't care. I might use it? I guess it's cool that they added it (or are going to add it) but it feels like resources wasted and could have been put into something else. People that follow game changers, follow the ones they like and know when they are running a challenge or contest and participate using the hashtags.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

Anyways, I don't care. I might use it? I guess it's cool that they added it (or are going to add it) but it feels like resources wasted and could have been put into something else. People that follow game changers, follow the ones they like and know when they are running a challenge or contest and participate using the hashtags.

My hope is that is actually clears up some hashtags or makes the gallery cleaner for people who don’t care about GC or challenges by moving all that to its own section. That way everyone wins. The challenge players get an easier UI to navigate, and the people who don’t care and would rather not get a gallery that isn’t cluttered with challenge builds and no regular playable ones.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

It may also reduce the number of times people use those hashtags just to get views rather than on actual entries into competitions. I know that happened with Lilsimsie's JusticeforCowplants shell challenge.
  • Options
    Teh_CheshireTeh_Cheshire Posts: 17 Member
    I think this is great! I know I'm trying Deli's rags to riches Eco challenge and it would have been honestly a dream easier to just be able to find a sim in the gallery that was prebuilt with the recomended traits and skills to do it. Or even like a secondary text page to come with a SIM intended for challenges that outlines what stats and such to modfy them to in cheat menu to take on the challenge.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited June 2020
    I personally have NO interest in Challenges OR Gamechangers.

I’m sure it will be a great feature for those who do have an interest, so I have no problem with it being there.
    As long as it is not obtrusive and allows for an option to turn challenge notifications off.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

It may also reduce the number of times people use those hashtags just to get views rather than on actual entries into competitions. I know that happened with Lilsimsie's JusticeforCowplants shell challenge.

I never even thought about that! How... clever? but inconsiderate of people, sleezy really. I would have never known that to be a problem, probably because I don't think I would have thought to have even tried to be so rude. Well then I do hope that this change would help with that then. Thanks for the enlightenment.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2020
    I just wish that EA limited the hashtags to be used. I'm so sick of seeing 'cute' for example. :#

As someone who forgets what hashtags can be used I would be grateful if EA could put a list of them, which you could tick if your upload applies to some of them! I just use the nocc, nomods, nomoo ones usually. <3

And...as some or most of the game changers play other games on their channels shouldn't EA give up game changers anyway? If fact they should charge them for the advertising they gave them to gain their thousands of followers! >:)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It's been a while since I did a challenge but this could be fun. Nice to have an easy way for the community to take part in these kinds of things together. Who know, if it is well received and appreciated by those who do like challenges maybe they will expand on it later on. Don't know if there is anything else for the players who are into challenges than the forum or hashtags in the gallery. If this makes the game more fun for them then why not.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I couldn’t care less for the Game Changers but I’m excited that this co probably declutter the Gallery. Hopefully uploads tagged as challenges no longer spam the other page.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't care about any of that. They could have used the effort to do other stuff.

agreed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Why should I care about what game changers want me to play? I have a mind, I have my own thoughts and why does Maxis only allow those people to make up a challenge and decide who wins it?

This game must be losing interest if game changers have to come up with ways to play.

I'm not against a good challenge (but not something silly and or plum like woohoo 10,000 times) as a side note for a break once in awhile, though I think those sort of things don't belong in a life simulator, but I really, really have no interest in what game changers decide nor who they think won.

Or maybe game changers are bored now, too.

ETA: The only challenge I liked that was created by a player and not a game changer was the Doctor Who challenge for TS4. I don't do 100 baby challenge, or read nine hundred book challenges etc. Never played legacy, I tried one time and I cried I was so bored. And I will say if I wanted linear gameplay and or rpg task list I would go play a good Sherlock Holmes game and or go play a linear rpg that was much more restrictive than even a SH game.

And Maxis, if you want me to play 'challenges' again, I have an idea for you. The Sims Medieval was actually a very good quest game. Make an EP again for it, and I might buy it, and resurrect that game because it's a better quest game than any tasks a game changer would want me to do.

Final thought about this: Boring, old man snoring.

agreed
  • Options

Well I mean whenever there are bugs and other problems caught in-game, the gurus seem to only listen to those youtuber accounts with the little blue check next to their names. I think it's kind of messed up that when regular simmers (like myself) have gone on to report issues/ask questions to specific gurus and the official Sims twitter only to hear *crickets*...It has completely discouraged me from ever attempting to contact any Sims/EA officials on important matters because I am not "popular enough", so therefore my problems are not important.

the gurus dont take care of bugs if you want help with that go to ea bug forum @AedanStarfang
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    There are many more Game Changers that go beyond Youtube. There are Gallery GCs who just create Sims and builds, There are instagram and Tumblr GCs who post stories, there are even Forums GCs around us now, who post regular helpful threads, stories, CAS challenges, modeling challenges, build challenges, dating challenges, and anything else you can think of. There are a lot and they are diverse.

I've done a challenge by Simarchy before, and built an Apocalyptic room that was shown on her Twitch stream (with many others) and I really enjoyed it. I've tried out the official Tiny Home challenge by Maxis, which allowed me to build my first complete house in TS4. I did the Mythical Creature challenge that was on the Forums and Gallery, to create a creature using the Cats and Dogs pack and had a blast with it, even created my own lore behind it and made several more of them. I've recently been thinking of joining Rosemow's weekly room build challenge on these Forums, and I think that adding a feature in the Gallery to help connect players with all of the available challenges is a fabulous idea.

Sims 4 challenges are hugely popular. I think some people here just haven't connected with the right channels to tap into them to be aware of them (or just don't care to, which is fine). The Gallery feature will just make it easier, that's all. Those who don't want to partake, can continue to ignore them, and those who like them will have much easier access.

Where Sims 4 falls short in gameplay, it shines in CAS and Build/Buy with flexibility and user friendly tools. The new Gallery feature plays to the game's strengths. It's not a bad thing.

I also agree with @elelunicy that this feature is exactly what EA/Maxis have been talking about when referencing the future of Sims games having online features. It may not be multiplayer at all. I don't think (to my recollection) multiplayer was even specifically ever stated. Most of us just took the term "online" to mean multiplayer. This also could mean more promise for Sims 5 if these are the kinds of non-invasive features they are actually referencing.

never thought about it that why I guess it would make it easier for people
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

the gurus dont take care of bugs if you want help with that go to ea bug forum @AedanStarfang

The guys who fix the bugs are also 'SimGurus'.