Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Hats

I'd like to see some Ushanka and Cossack hats in the game. They would be great for winter!

Ushanka hats:
a579c8e76703811d0e824d06b8f90093.jpg
Bomber-Hats-Winter-Men-Warm-Russian-Ushanka-Hat-with-Ear-Flap-Pu-Leather-Fur-Trapper-Cap.jpg
50553298bbe8bfb58c02a02e67fa6819.jpg

Cossack hats:
8ea2da98a230226475df0e5be9e69be6.jpg
il_570xN.1399153600_m6ok.jpg
ba9847ba9509bd528195f7cd5376d5dc.jpg

Comments

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    There is a pretty nice custom content Ushanka on ModTheSims. I'm using it in my game as one of a few cc CAS items, and it doesnt even look as clunky as the Maxis Hats. =)
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    There is a pretty nice custom content Ushanka on ModTheSims. I'm using it in my game as one of a few cc CAS items, and it doesnt even look as clunky as the Maxis Hats. =)

I found it, it looks good! Thanks! But aren't ushanka hats supposed to cover the ears?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I never knew they had names. I’ve been calling them “Russian” hats.
    edited June 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I never knew they had names. I’ve been calling them “Russian” hats.

You were right, they're Russian! :)

By the way the Cossack hat specific name is papaha or papakha.
    Post edited by Leo2009SSA on
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Leo2009SSA wrote: »

I found it, it looks good! Thanks! But aren't ushanka hats supposed to cover the ears?

Well in RL you can just pull don the flaps XD Sims doesnt have that much of a function, or else you could pull up the hoods of hoodies, too.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
    Leo2009SSA wrote: »

Well in RL you can just pull don the flaps XD Sims doesnt have that much of a function, or else you could pull up the hoods of hoodies, too.

Now that you mentioned it, I noticed the flaps pulled up in the Argos93's ushanka hat from ModTheSims. Thanks again!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Dogs have them ... so of course cc conversions are possible and I'm using those, but why do dogs have better winter hats than sims ?

6fo6R1yl.png
  • CalenlasCalenlas Posts: 11 New Member
    Tiaras, head chains, crowns, and even hair accessories (separate from the hairstyles) would be a nice addition. Especially since there are times when the head chain that is attached to a hairstyle is completely the wrong color for the person wearing it and its color cannot be changed independently of the hairstyle.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I love hats. I would love more in the game. I really love Ushanka and Cossack hats
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Calenlas wrote: »
    Tiaras, head chains, crowns, and even hair accessories (separate from the hairstyles) would be a nice addition. Especially since there are times when the head chain that is attached to a hairstyle is completely the wrong color for the person wearing it and its color cannot be changed independently of the hairstyle.

This!

I really wanted to see some sunglasses 'hats' that sit on the head in Island Living but nope.

I would love that City Living headchain to be a separate piece. I also love the bun hairstyle that comes with it but it has the chain attached to it so I never really use it. The accessories in this game could be a lot more versatile I think. Also the headphones that came with Get Famous - I wish they were just the headphones and not the hats too! Grr :angry:

I would love a royalty pack with tiaras/crowns. I was really hoping for some shell tiaras/crowns for mermaids in Island Living but again... nope that didn't happen...
    I'd love some crazy alien looking headpieces, too!
  • Dakota1377Dakota1377 Posts: 29 Member
    I would like some baseball caps and other kinds of hats with NFL, NHL, NBL motifs on them. This would satisfy the sports fans I would believe. I'm one of them. I also love those papakha is the correct name for the cossack hat. I own four of them in real life. I spent 3 yrs in Baykit, Russia. It was lovely there.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Here is a short list of hat styles I would love.

Balmoral Bonnet

Balmoral_bonnet_black.jpg

Boater

BoaterStrawHat_wb.jpg

Boater

Bowler_Hat_sw_fcm.jpg

Cloche

Vilmabanky.jpg

Sombrero Cordobés

Sombrero-cordobes.jpg

Coonskin

Cap_of_American_opossum_with_a_raccoon_tail_%28Davy_Crockett_style%29.jpg

Dixie Cup Hat

US_Navy_080923-N-4965F-009_Navy_Region_Hawaii_Ceremonial_Guard_forms_up_in_preparation_of_a_burial.jpg

Fascinator

1920px-Chloe_Moo_of_Darwin_-_2013_Myer_Fashions_on_the_Field_%2810705418974%29.jpg

Fez

Fes.jpg

Glengarry Bonnet

1920px-5_SCOTS_Soldier_with_Bayonet_Fixed_on_Parade_in_Dumbarton%2C_Scotland_MOD_45152907.jpg

Panama Hat

Panama_hat.jpg

Pillbox Hat

DorisDay-midnightlace.jpg

Pith Helmets

PithHelmetTruman.jpg

Rastacap

Rasta_Man_Barbados.jpg

Toque

Chef_Hat.JPG

Top Hat

420px-Austin_Lane_Crothers%2C_photograph_of_head_with_top_hat.jpg