Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why and How Did My Sim Move to Del Sol Valley?

I have MCCC and one of my sims, Veronica, moved out of her brother's place and out on her own. You need some backstory to be able to vote on this poll.

Veronica, Brodie and his wife Christin are all in the same gang. Veronica is on the lowest rung of the criminal stepladder, her brother Brodie a lot higher. Veronica is only in the gang to take care of Brodie and to make sure he doesn't go too far. Well... he's gone too far. And apparently it made Veronica want to move out of his house. This isn't the problem. I like this sort of autonomy. The problem is the house she moved to. She moved from a tiny house in Sulani to the chateau on top of the hill in Del Sol Valley. I'm having a hard time coming up with a story as to why Veronica would move there and how she would even get that kind of money.

You might want some personality for Veronica. She is a very sweet girl, but not the most innocent one. She is a kleptomaniac so she randomly takes stuff from places she shouldn't be taking anything from. She doesn't do this maliciously, but it's a genuine problem she has. She's also a child of the islands. She's always been in love with Sulani, the place she's grown up. She's also a bro which means she gets along really well with the guys in the gang. Veronica can make herself fit in anywhere. She learns and adapts to situations quickly.

So, I've thought of some options but I'd love it if you'd have some other ideas as to why and how she moved to Del Sol Valley.

Why and How Did My Sim Move to Del Sol Valley? 19 votes

Inherited house from a rich relative who wasn't close with Veronica's brother
21%
catmom1987taydevSERVERFRAfaerieduste 4 votes
Got a loan from the bank and wanted to get as far away as possible from Brodie
0%
Stole a huge bag of money (accidentally?) and bought the house with it to cover it up
47%
jeepjeepcathaneulDrewRowlandtexxx78EnkiSchmidtKoteykaSimAlexandriaSimmerGeorgeKimmer 9 votes
Other (leave ideas in comments, please!)
31%
crocobauraKita5399BoergeAarg61fruitsbasket101Marduc_PlaysDaWaterRat 6 votes

Comments

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    She doesn't own the house but took a job as caretaker. The owners are jetsetting or live mostly somewhere else. Now everybody believes she's the new owner, and that attracts the attention of wanted - and unwanted elements of society.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited June 2020
    She won the lottery.
    She is really just house sitting, taking care of the house, watering the plants.
    She entered witness protection program.
    The house belongs to a famous sim and she is just stalking.
    She won the house at poker.
    She got a really rich boyfriend.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I like the caretaker idea, thanks! I might go with that one if nothing else pops up.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I like @Marduc_Plays idea about her being the caretaker as well.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I didn't read the question closely before answering.

Most of the sims of mine who moved to Del Sol Valley, graduated from the university and moved into a house which was already occupied or were subsidied by me using the "freerealestate on" cheat.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Apparently the huge bag of money storyline is winning!
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    A secret affair with an elder who ultimately left her everything they had, leaving behind angry relatives.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Inherited house from a rich relative who wasn't close with Veronica's brother
    She inherited the large house in Del Sol Valley with lots of money.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I also like the caretaker idea.