Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your current household/family?

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited July 2020
    My Japanese Sim list...of Haruo's side of the family that have to be created. ~sigh~

Chieko Sugihara - maternal grandmother - done
    Haruki Sugihara - maternal grandfather - done
    Hidekazu Sugihara - maternal uncle - done
    Michitake Sugihara - maternal uncle #2 - done

Paternal Family

Tatsuhide Chikamori - paternal great-grandfather (deceased) - done
    Keiko Takeda-Chikamori - paternal great-grandmother (deceased) - done
    Shokiji Chikamori - paternal grandfather - done
    Mariko Nakamura-Chikamori - paternal grandmother - done
    Satoshi Chikamori - paternal uncle - done
    Tatsuyoshi Chikamori - paternal uncle - done
    Masaharu Chikamori - paternal uncle - done
    Kimiko Chikamori - paternal aunt - done
    Toshiharu Maruyama - paternal uncle (husband of Kimiko) - done

DONE!

When all the family tree is linked up, I'll post up an edit for the entire family: both McIrish and Chikamori families
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Another Mind-Bending Legacy - Teen Pregnancy Rags to Riches

OK...first we will start with the McIrish side of the family.

The Great Grandfather is Art McIrish who married Aibreann (Kennedy) McIrish who begat Alroy McIrish and his sister Orla McIrish. Alroy McIrish married Aideen (Gallagher) McIrish and begat Caeden who married Fiona (Kelly) McIrish and thus begat River who decided to be with Haruo and ended up giving birth to Aaron McIrish (who will take the last name Chikamori) when River and Haruo do decide to get married which meant that Aaron was conceived out of wedlock. Bad Toad Haruo.
    McIrish_Direct_Line.png
    Going back to Alroy who had a sister named Orla who married Orrin Murphy but decided to take the McIrish surname for his own and thus begat Aoibheann who later to Aillil Donovan who also did the same as his father-in-law and took the McIrish surname and thus became Ailill McIrish and thus was born Eugenia. Thus ends the story of how River McIrish and Eugenia McIrish are second cousins.
    EugeniaMcIrishLine.png
    Thus endeth the McIrish Lineage side of the family.

Now for the Chikamoris

Tatsuhide Chikamori is the Great Grand-Patriarch of the Chikamori family after marrying Keiko (Tanaka) Chikamori, he begat Shokiji Chikamori who after he grew up married Mariko (Nakamura) Chikamori who begat rather prolifically in order Yoshinobu, Satoshi, Tatsuyoshi, Masaharu and Kimiko (the youngest). So far only Yoshinobu and Kimiko are married. Kimiko is married to Toshiharu Maruyama which makes her Kimiko Chikamori-Maruyama. Yoshinobu is married to Mayumi Sugihara and it was that union that begat Haruo who married River and begat Aaron.
    ChikamoriDirectLine.png
    Chikamori-Maruyama.png
    Thus ends the other half of the family and right now I don't know if this one is going to be even worse in terms of geneological mind-twisting than the other Legacy. I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen with this and if there's going to be any more additions to this family pre-Founders-wise. All I know is that I think this one is going to give me as much of a headache as the other one.

I'll add the Sugihara side of Haruo's family into this narrative later.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @featherlullaby Welcome to the forums, can't wait to see some pictures when you can post. Make sure you have an image hosting site for pictures (Imgur, Photobucket, that sort of thing) as you will need one to share here.

@Mikezumi Seems like I got a lot of zero slider Sims, not in the family so much yet but all over town.

@Nikkei_Simmer Pretty neat to see all the ancestors. Looks like Haruo has a lot of aunts and uncles in the tree.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Great job creating ancestors for your sims :) I am sure it will help with fleshing out your sims' story :)

@Brandontaylor Unfortunately, zero slider service sims are something we have to live with. For some they are not an issue because genetics is not their main focus but, for me, marrying one into the family is a definite no no!

Third and fourth generations of my Jones family. The first couple of Sims are Jessica's descendants and therefore were not in the played household. Haven't been in game today so have to do it this way instead of family tree. Since they technically aren't in the current household, the Bunch descendants are in a spoiler tag.
    stNGjSZ.jpg?2
    Christen Bunch is the eldest child of Jessica and Tommy Bunch. I don't know much about her since I didn't pay much attention to her.

BcXLfKc.jpg
    The middle is Alicia Bunch. She got a bit of a makeover into her current look. The dress was one she already had on and was that color so I left it as is.

YjxkBon.jpg
    Lois Bunch is the youngest child of the couple.

lITXxFe.jpg
    In the played household, we have Melanie Jones (3rd gen. heir) who is Eric and Fawn's daughter. Her husband is Dwight Langerak whose parents are one of the Alvi's and Kaylynn Langerak. Currently, Melanie is an author just short of completing her LTW and is a werewolf through an elixir. Dwight was in the sports career but a midlife crisis had him become a police officer instead. He was bitten by Melanie and is now a werewolf as well. Apparently I didn't have a head shot of these two.

hq1jNEy.jpg
    Technically, the family plumbot counts as a family member as she is in the family tree. She is Melanie's 'sister' and her name is L4U-Rn. I don't know all her trait chips but she has the gardening one as well as the solar powered and efficient ones.

OAYpwZv.jpg?1
    Dwight and Melanie had triplets and through a competition, Ariana became the heir. She wants to be Leader of the Free World but is only a Podium Polisher currently.

3W1HB9C.jpg?2
    Abigail was another of the twins. There are some better pictures of her but I used this one to show her face. She and her sister have the same face but with different eyes and hair it makes it a bit less noticeable.

iwjwrql.jpg?1
    Evan was the only boy of the triplets but he has a lot of family resemblance to both parents and inherited the thin lips that Christopher Steel has.

Spouses of the triplets in another spoiler
    hrXXX4U.jpg?1
    Andrea Ortega was a Sim that Abigail fell in love with. He is a random Sim and was a zero slider. I moved some sliders so he wouldn't be a complete pudding face. He at least looks some better anyway.

oV93YC0.jpg
    Rain Forest was a Sim I made before Evan was even born. She married Sam Sekemoto and two kids with him when he was an elder. By the time Sam died, Evan had aged up and these two feel in love.

61KXQEn.jpg?1
    Quinton Sekemoto is Ariana's fiance and is a great-nephew of Leighton Sekemoto. So far the couple haven't gotten married and don't have kids.

***That's everyone for now. I'll get some family tree pictures next time I play the save and will share them here but from now on it will only be Sims in the household for head shot photo's.
    @Brandontaylor That's why I changed the title from "current household" to "current household/family". For many of us sims descended/related to our active household sims, even if not played, are just as important as those we actively play.
    Thank you for sharing more lovely pics of your family :) This works every bit as well (if not better) than a family tree and I am happy to see your pics :)
    edited July 2020
    @Mikezumi I don't really like to add them to the family either. If I do add them, they get edited some but I'm not very good at that, lol. Just wish we didn't have to deal with them. As for genetics, I really like seeing your Sims and seeing what they inherit from either parent.
    Ah, guess I didn't see that. Yeah, Jessica's children were a bit important to me even though I didn't play them. I'm not as interested in her grand kids though so that's mainly why I'm stopping that. There will be more to come soon with the triplets having babies.
    @Brandontaylor Thanks :) With the genetics mod I am using it's not always apparent at first glance what my sims have inherited from each parent because it blends sliders rather than giving whole features to the offspring. Of course, the percentages could favour one parent more than the other so there is no doubt they are related but the features are not fully passed on so there is more variety.
    edited July 2020
    Evidently SP just partnered Eugenia McIrish and Satoshi Chikamori. Well...that's going to be fun. :D

Anybody well versed in how the relations figure when one's uncle marries your wife's second cousin? Because Haruo and River are getting married "next day"...by Sim clock.

With Aaron, I don't know how much of the sliders were passed over...mainly due to the fact that I missed the readout...that the mod displays...either my mouse isn't sensitive enough or oversensitive when I hit the mouse button. Because it flicked through two messages...and didn't allow me to capture the "blends" message from that Random Genetics mod.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited July 2020
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    It’s official! I found a save worth playing! I made a new sim named Rebekah Avery and she just started dating Conner Frio! Does he make good-looking babies?🤔😂
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited July 2020
    @HillyBeth You can get a good idea about a sim's potential genetics by gender switching.

Here's Connor in his natural state and gender switched before I did some work on him.
    43414307782_d80f6059e8_o.jpg
    43414307162_fda74518ef_o.jpg

Here's Connor and gender switch after my makeover - genetic and cosmetic.
    43414353212_89f7106c76_o.jpg
    42746165444_f8b93175de_o.jpg

And here's a look of my madeover Connor in game. CAS and in-game looks quite different so it's always a good idea to go in and out of CAS while making or making over sims to look at the finished product.
    42746165044_71880fe59d_o.jpg
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Mikezumi That's a nice overhaul of Connor. Also, you wrote "Christopher" a few times. Which makes me wonder whether you meant Connor Frio when you wrote Christopher Steel a few posts further back.

Anyway, my overhaul of Connor went a bit further, but here you are (only found a pic where he showed up as a tourist in France in a weird suit on a quick look):
    9eIO1lB.jpg
    Edit: Found something better from university (with a Bebe Hart edit):
    NGDhgXl.jpg

@Turjan Thanks for that :) I meant to type Connor because I know Connor's face anywhere! I had been talking about Christopher in Brandontaylor's game earlier and I had a brain fart :D
    Your Connor looks good too! I even like him in that suit! :)
    Thanks @Mikezumi !! His brother Jared also welcomed a daughter so technically Rebekah has a niece! They’ll get engaged after Conner moves in with her.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    edited July 2020
    I'm going to have to start breaking up my family tree because it's getting kinda wide :D As you can see there are a couple of second cousins producing kids. I had placed unrelated sims in town in the hopes that my teens would hook up with them and some did but the heart wants what the heart wants ;)

Edit to add: All the first and second generation sims are dead and five of the third generation are elders.

50102154243_4d91111136_o.jpg
    Rebekah’s household name is no longer Avery! Conner moved in with her!😁
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    edited July 2020
    Joey (third gen. heir) and Paul are grandparents! :) Lou and Nancy had a little girl. I can't remember her name but I remember thinking it was pretty when I got the popup. I can't wait to see who she looks like :) I always hover in map view when I get baby notices to see if I need to change a name but I didn't have to this time :)
    50102869883_3bc0a72f07_o.jpg
    edited July 2020
    Evidently River will have two siblings. Fiona gave birth to a baby boy with Caeden (random genetics notification popped up with a Kasey McIrish as Baby #2) and is now pregnant with Baby #3. (I'm counting River as baby (now grown up; married and a mom herself) as Baby #1)

And horrors of horrors; Mayumi spawned again - she's also in the family way. Teach me to leave the Town SP Pregnancy Number of Children at 0.

This family is going to be even more confusing than the other one. :rolleyes:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited July 2020
    When I saw Nancy (Lou's wife) and her new baby, Madeline, outside their house (they live across the street from the active household) I had to send Paul over to say hi :)
    50107290436_c1823a931d_o.jpg
    edited July 2020
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Did you mean for that to happen or did you leave her unprotected to SP?
    Teach me to leave the Town SP Pregnancy Number of Children at 0.

Yes. - When SP>Town>Pregnancy>Number of Children>0 (is default for unlimited number of children in programming language) that means that the town was left to their own devices as far as birthing children. But then again, for my game immigration is turned off so the only people in the town is Haruo and River's "extended family".

Usually Mayumi "splits" from Yoshinobu and buggers off somewhere but this time around...well. We'll see if Haruo's brother/sister gets the "evil" trait or not and see just how random genetics figures into how he/she looks.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer Yes, that's not very intuitive :D Having said that, you could have allowed other townies to have babies and just selected Fiona for no babies. All the sims I don't want having romance, babies or house moves, are protected.
    Oh, I want the extended family having babies (but I just didn't realize that well, not just the YA but the Adults themselves would want to do the "bump n'grind". :smirk: Well...like they say...we may be old, but it still doesn't stop the urges. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top