Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your current household/family?

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I regenerated my sims 3 folder.... again.... and set up a test save(no cc or mods). I made it to the end of Fall and my sims have a daughter. I may restart with only my Nraas mods, random genetics mod, and this mod.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @VexingQuery Congrats on Basil's harvest! :)
    That IS quite a diverse household you have there! I enjoyed seeing how your family came to be :)

@Satanu_Reeves Congrats to Oliver on becoming a Monster Daddy! :) Loved the pics of Baxter's creation and his new look :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Adam is a cutie! :)

@Dystopian_Overlady Good luck to your sim ladies in their quest to keep Simkind alive! The girls' names are lovely :)

@Thrior Sounds like there's lots of drama in your family! I keep meaning to add Vladimir to my game and you have inspired me to do so in the not too distant future :)

• Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    fzpKo9c.jpg

The Fraunkenstein household just got a new member, this is Helper Bot. Unlike Oliver's first monster, Helper Bot was never meant to undergo an Alchemical procedure but rather become the best help he can be. His personality programming is a combination of traits and lifetime awards that add some efficiency to his needs usage and duties. Traits are Hates the Outdoors, Hydrophobic, Loner, Natural Cook and Neat. I completed his LTW (it was an easy one) with a wish enhancement potion so I could buy Hardly Hungry, Steel Bladder, and Stone Hearted (to make him more machine like). He's recently become level 10 cooking and also leveled martial arts to level 5 so he can meditate, which he uses as a standby mode in between tasks.

7OXVRPm.jpg

Helper Bot has been a pleasure to have around. Baxter has been stressed out lately due to overworking himself since he's been trying hard to reach level 5 in the law enforcement career. And it isn't helping that so many people look at him and only see a pretty face, leaving him to wonder why people can't seem to admire him for his many talents, such as his painting skills. Oliver suggested that Helper Bot set out Baxter's favorite meal for him after he finishes his evening work out. Helper Bot did a very nice job at making a lovely meal and is learning more about human food everyday. For example, his advanced AI has allowed him to deduce that the open flame that escapes the wine bottle as you uncork it means that the drink is adequately potent.

RSxAw7r.jpg

Helper Bot even provided entertainment, but this is not a skill he is good at yet. His programming is still grappling with music. Oliver's delicious Classic Red nectar has made it easier to endure Helper's entertainment. Besides, it's for Science!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My second generation sim was abducted by aliens and got pregnant. He now has an alien son. He's a gardener and a miner and he met his werewolve girlfriend at the consignament store.
  • YourHero029YourHero029 Posts: 4 New Member
    I', completely new to the sims but seen my family play it I only have 1 sim currently trying to manage skills and get a hold of the game but I am also not sure how to relationship system works but I learnt that chatting up 2 people is bad so I may move town and fresh start again lol
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    A human dad, his alien son (from abduction) and his werewolve girlfriend

M1GzAJL.jpg
    @Satanu_Reeves Congrats on the new helper bot :) Glad the nectar helped make the music bearable :D

@texxx78 Congrats on the alien boy :) Nice pic of your family :)

@YourHero029 Sorry you learned the hard way about sims and bad reputations! My sims tend to be faithful but when I do play sims that are not so good I have found that mods help keep things in check.

• VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    @Satanu_Reeves So you've got a son-bot and a servant-bot. What are the plans for monster #3? Inquiring minds need to know!
  • liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member
    I'm currently doing a randomcy and i'm on Gen 3. The heir is Lillian Spencer who is an adventurer who has to cook all the favourite meals of every active sim and has to complete every promised wish & her LTW (I always complete the heirs LTW anyway). Her traits are disciplined, neurotic, adventurous, loner and perfectionist.

She lives in Appaloosa Plains with her mum Felix, her older sister Emelia (who is pregnant) and her sisters husband Robi Striker from Bridgeport (they're recently married). They also have a cat called Dinah and a dog called Waggles, both will probably move out with Emelia and Robi and their new baby in the near future.

The backstory (which did actually happen as I have obviously played the 2 Generations before this) is that Felix had a dream to become a street artist, but she couldn't afford to pursue it full time as her mum was never around (she was a master thief but kept it secret) and her dad was a lazy busker who hardly worked, she also had 5 siblings and they all lived in a 3 bedroom house in the marshes in Twinbrook because they couldn't afford to move out. Felix's twin brother Tommy wanted to become an actor and so they put their savings together from working at the local supermarket to move to Bridgeport where they both became extra's (Felix wasn't allowed to do anything to advance in her career so she just did it for money while she completed her street art LTW).

Felix spent a lot of time in the clubs in Bridgeport and ended up getting pregnant with a mixologist and had Emilia, then she got pregnant after a quick woohoo in the lift with her neighbour Donte and had Lillian. Both girls never met their dads and the three of them were best friends (like the Rory & Loralai Gilmore dynamic but with 3 people). Tommy moved out and the 3 girls lived in the tiny studio appartment. On Lillians birthday to YA, Felix told her she would pay for her to go on a 3 day trip to China because she'd seen her browsing the web wanting to explore. Lillian went to China and realised she could have a career doing tasks for locals and exploring tombs. Eventually, Felix got a massive commission from her street art (I gave her inheritance LTR when she completed her LTW) and they moved into a penthouse. After Emelia met Robi, the girls realised there was nothing left for them in Bridgeport so they moved to Appaloosa Plains where Emelia is an aspiring writer, Felix is retired and spends her days painting, Robi is a chef (a bad one may I add) and Lillian travels constantly, coming home for two days at a time to spend time with her mum and sister unless theres a big event like her sisters wedding or the birth of her niece.

Here is Lillian tasting nectar in France and practicing ballet back at home.
    Uqmc3km.jpg
    H6k3wNX.jpg

Here is Felix doing some painting, she is an elder but she definitely isn't one to let her hair get fully grey!
    1IoNVN4.jpg

Here is Emelia just stood around (lol).
    VEtuZbL.jpg

Here is Robi, also just stood around.
    ALg7nJ9.jpg

They are definitely the best family i've played in a while!
    This all happened over the weekend, but our internet was down after our router box for our internet connection was hit by lightening in a storm on Friday night.
    Brayden Lowell aged up to a child! I wish I could still use the random genetics mod because he would have gotten genetics from his dad, too, but it crashes my game.
    CQr6dKU.jpg
    4t7RFpn.jpg

This little cutie is the daughter of Scott and Lily Delaney. Her name is Jinny(Virginia) Again, I wish the genetics actually gave the kids mixed genes without a mod.
    T0jWKmH.jpg

Meeting for the first time. I'm hoping they become a couple when they're both teens.
    xKGTOLS.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    @VexingQuery I think a mummy this time.
    @liizzys1302 Thanks for sharing your back story and pics of your household. I hope you're having fun with it :)

@HillyBeth Happy birthday, Brayden :) It's a pity you had problems with the Random Genetics Mod. It hasn't caused me any problems. Perhaps it is conflicting with another mod you use.
    I like to plan future partners when my sims are very young. I hope things work out well for Brayden and Jinny :)

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    Started a new Save in Appaloosa Plains. The Household are:

Layla Thompson: Mother, currently unemployed. Lifetime Wish is "Bottomless Nectar Cellar"
    Jasper Thompson: Father, Law Enforcement Career. Lifetime Wish is "International Super Spy"
    Alan Thompson: Eldest son, teenager. Due to start school. No Lifetime Wish
    Keanu Thompson: Youngest son, child. Due to start school. No Lifetime Wish
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    @Sleepstar good luck and have fun! <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @Sleepstar Have fun with the Thompson family :) Will they be having more kids or are they done with baby making?
    I am back to simming after a long break. My household consists of Ian and Josh and I imagine kids will follow in the days to come :)
    51156052237_0bbc6d4457_o.jpg
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    @Mikezumi Unsure at the moment but somewhere down the line I will let them have another child
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    Thanks to the autonomous romance mod and Josh's family oriented trait, it didn't take long for Josh to propose to Ian :) I would have preferred a prettier setting but my sims pretty much do what they want unless I need something specific done.
    51158007324_a1ca735ff9_o.jpg
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    @Mikezumi That is lovely. I really like it when sims do these things autonomously. So, prettier settings begone, some spontaneity is very nice in my opinion.
    Thanks @Thrior :) I especially love the auto romance mod because it means I don't have to queue romantic interactions to get to the point where they will propose going steady or marriage. I used to have the version that allowed my sims to marry on their own but I changed it down for the one where they can only propose because I kept getting popups when my teen sims where out unsupervised that they had married and I had to move their partners in :confounded:
    edited May 2021
    ETA at the bottom of this post!

I almost had a love triangle going until Nraas married off one of the girls. It's fine since she told my sim Brett that she prefers women over men. That's a first!
    Here's what I shared in another post:
    This all happened yesterday. I made two women for Brett Jacobs to meet, hopefully marry. He hits it off with both girls. Then Nraas threw me a curveball when it turned out one of the beauties prefers women over men! The girls' names are Helen Brisco and Evelyn Hackett. Evelyn has a wife now. So Helen is the future Mrs. Jacobs! Which works out since I made her with my sim Annabeth Jacobs(who will eventually be their daughter. I hope)

Brett Jacobs:
    dJbkeoO.jpg

Evelyn Hackett:
    3ACWSNZ.jpg

Helen Brisco:
    4GNjMWO.jpg

Brett and Helen hit it off so well he went all the way across Sunset Valley to woo her!
    ScoQgzU.jpg
    ASkbvJf.jpg

ETA: Brett Jacobs is my only household. I don't play the other two.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth SP can certainly throw you a curve ball if you don't have protective settings for future partners! Still, it sounds like all worked out well for Brett :)
    Evelyn and Helen look like they could be sisters!
    @Mikezumi I had just gotten Helen settled at Brett's house, she just moved in, and was about to save when my game crashed. Turns out I need to update my graphics card. According to the Crash Log Analyzer.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    Ian and Josh got married at the bowling alley. It's a great place to marry my sims because there's always sims there and I don't have the stress of arranging a wedding party :p
    51179061934_4c97ccf765_o.jpg
    @Mikezumi yay! Congrats to the newlyweds! <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top