Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funniest Book/ Video Titles in your game

What are some of the funniest book/ video titles you've come with in your game? I usually just pick something totally nonsensical, childish and silly.

One of the my Sim's published a book called Passing Gas in Public Discreetly. It was a best seller!

Comments

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I once named a motivational book "Everything You Do Is Wrong". xD
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Caleb Vatore wrote a book once called Grabbing My Burrito. The inspiration came from an episode where an NPC stole a burrito he had just ordered from a stall.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    Once I forgot the words for ding d0ng so I called my sims song click clock its sara and ended up just killing myself laughing every time a pop up about it came up
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I play Caleb doing social media and stuff (makes sense for a Materialistic Sim, right?) and he has a series on doing makeup when you don't have a reflection. It's called 'Vamping It Up'.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    My main Sim for ages writes bad 80's like action movie scripts. "Ivan rescues Simcity", "the Return of Ivan", "Ivan vs Dr. Doomsday" and other punchy titles. The funny thing is: his Name is Ivan and he's an absolute couchpotato, who's fantasizing about being the bada... hero in most awesome adventures.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    My main Sim for ages writes bad 80's like action movie scripts. "Ivan rescues Simcity", "the Return of Ivan", "Ivan vs Dr. Doomsday" and other punchy titles. The funny thing is: his Name is Ivan and he's an absolute couchpotato, who's fantasizing about being the bada... hero in most awesome adventures.

Awesome, I do that myself sometimes as well, I call them something like "Death Kill", plus sequels, and from the fourth sequel I switch the numbers with overused subtitles: "Death Kill: Origins", "Death Kill: Resurrection", etc. :lol:
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    I play Caleb doing social media and stuff (makes sense for a Materialistic Sim, right?)
    Hmm...no, I fail to see the connection. I could envision him as a dealer of invaluable antiquities though, or as a famous owner of a high-end restaurant, or some other distinguished business. An older vampire who fancies the finer things in life and is ambitious like him...I don't see him deal in makeup at all :D But that's me (I'm so sorry!) <3

I just remembered that I at some point had a Sim continue Jimmy Sprocket's children adventure books from The Sims 3. In tune with that iteration's books, they would be called 'Jimmy Sprocket and the ...whatever...'. I might take that up again. Some fun and good titles could surely be created for these books.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Stutum wrote: »

Lol I've had my sim's write titles similar to that, like Why I get all the ladies and you don't :D
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Caleb Vatore wrote a book once called Grabbing My Burrito. The inspiration came from an episode where an NPC stole a burrito he had just ordered from a stall.

Lol I was getting more double entendre vibes from that title haha, I know some people are fans of Caleb's "burrito" :D
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »

Lol I've had my sim's write titles similar to that, like Why I get all the ladies and you don't :D

That's hilarious. xD And exercise guides named "You're gonna eat junk for dinner anyway, so why bother". :lol:
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    I play Caleb doing social media and stuff (makes sense for a Materialistic Sim, right?)
    Hmm...no, I fail to see the connection. I could envision him as a dealer of invaluable antiquities though, or as a famous owner of a high-end restaurant, or some other distinguished business. An older vampire who fancies the finer things in life and is ambitious like him...I don't see him deal in makeup at all :D But that's me (I'm so sorry!) <3

All good! My Caleb is a fair bit younger (23, was turned a few years earlier), and I was thinking of like... being a Simstagram influencer who gets the latest fashion and stuff to review, a bit brand name-obsessed, loves shopping. Ambition works pretty well in there too. He's actually gone from mostly social media to working as a Trend Setter.

So yeah, basically fashion and brand names and popularity tying into being materialistic and ambitious.
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    I like one of the default romance titles- Bawdy Language.

It amuses me on multiple levels.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Great thread! I can't contribute sadly, because I can't recall any funny ones I've made up haha. Mine might be super weird because though it isn't my native language I play in english so for coherence the books etc must be also in English 😁
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Somehow, my RL sis got wires crossed over the in-game Toddler's book, "Tigers Don't Take Naps", and it came out of her mouth as "Tigers Don't Wear Pants" which therefore became the title of a Children's book I had a Sim write. We've since elaborated to other genres, like screenplays ("Crouching Tiger, Hidden Pants") etc. as a running in-joke
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    This thread is hilarious. :joy: Wish I could contribute some, however writing is something my sims do on high speed so books mostly end up with default titles.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I suddenly remember a good one my ex had her Sim write when she was playing: "Pink Pigs Can't Fly After All". :lol:
  • Options
    Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    This is a fun idea. I like coming up with titles for my sims books so I have a few that are specialized in different genres. For example I have a romance author that writes books with titles like:
    "Fanged love and mermaid kisses" and "Role playing the occult".
    Because of course there would be books like that in the sims world :)

And a horror writer with books like:
    "The Black Widow and her ghost husbands" and "The pool without a ladder and other horror stories".
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Non Fiction. "The wind one morning" sprouts, cabbage & beans and how to cook them.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    A Poetry Book called “Poems About Oranges”
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Eat Cake for Dinner (a children's book). :D
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Sometimes if I play a writer SIM I will start with a simple idea for the kids books and go off the rails with it possibly something like this:
    Spot the Cat (double meaning)
    The existential perspective of the cat’s spot
    Play: Spot Light
    Cat’s spot on an interview with Schrodinger
    Cooking video Spotted cat makes spotted dog
    Part 2: Spotted dog got made
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Just played an old save where i found a motivational book my sim wrote with the title "You can do this! - and other pretty lies."
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I usually leave titles default. But now I’m playing Woody, the eccentric coroner from Psych. Instead of Pat the Badger, he titled his book Pat the Badger’s Butt.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My writers do a children's book trilogy first:
    Night-night Gnomie! (Little Gnomie doesn't want to go to bed)
    Gnome On The Range (Gnomie and his family go to a ranch for vacation and he solves a mystery)
    Gnome Alone (Gnomie gets left behind as punishment when his family goes on a picnic, and he stops robbers from breaking into his elderly neighbor's house)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)