Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else bored in quarantine? I am!

bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
3 months into quaratine. Oh boy. I am ready for it to be over and go outside, to a restaurant to a museum. My usual hobbies have become boring to me, drawing, reading, gaming. I really want to go back to work, but they're not opening for another 2 weeks. I am bored......
How's everyone else doing?
This thread is just for venting and chatting.

Comments

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Bumping this thread :smile:
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Going back to work after an 'extended summer vacation'. You do not know how excited I am to be going back to work.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I was getting there, but no longer: hubs and I are working out together "never gymless" outdoors, at the riverside, at playgrounds, doing hill sprints, pushup contests, resistance bands, hanging from jungle gyms, climbing, and though he's putting me through the paces, kicking my butt at hill sprints (but I kick his at diamond pushups!), we're having a blast, doing it together.

Another huge boredom buster is that he just got an electric bass. He never played an instrument at all, but his hands are huge, and the bass is perfect for him...in fact it's probably the only stringed instrument suited to his big fingers. Which goes really well with my guitar. So he's lined up a few private lessons, and we're going to start jamming together.

Lastly, I'm thinking of taking some boxing lessons locally, private, one-on-one. I've missed the fighting sports I used to do (fencing, wrestling, martial arts) and I know this guy who teaches boxing.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Going back to work after an 'extended summer vacation'. You do not know how excited I am to be going back to work.

Oh yes, I know the feeling! I was getting so bored towards the end of quarantine. I was so happy to go back to work. Now that I'm working again, I'm just hoping we can stay in business :(
    I was getting there, but no longer: hubs and I are working out together "never gymless" outdoors, at the riverside, at playgrounds, doing hill sprints, pushup contests, resistance bands, hanging from jungle gyms, climbing, and though he's putting me through the paces, kicking my butt at hill sprints (but I kick his at diamond pushups!), we're having a blast, doing it together.

Another huge boredom buster is that he just got an electric bass. He never played an instrument at all, but his hands are huge, and the bass is perfect for him...in fact it's probably the only stringed instrument suited to his big fingers. Which goes really well with my guitar. So he's lined up a few private lessons, and we're going to start jamming together.

Lastly, I'm thinking of taking some boxing lessons locally, private, one-on-one. I've missed the fighting sports I used to do (fencing, wrestling, martial arts) and I know this guy who teaches boxing.

That's awesome! It sounds like you were very productive and got a lot of exercise done.
    I did a lot of jogging since my gym is closed, and I also got back in touch with my hobbies. But, towards the end, I struggled to stay focused. The endless freetime was too much for me. I'm thankful I can work again and do my hobbies on the side! I would still be thrilled if I could back to my gym again.

Thanks for the bump :)
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Thanks for the bump :)

Your welcome
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Quarantine is only for active cases, or awaiting test results here.
    Though, with the way things are going in the eastern states, we may be heading into another round of lock-downs.

It's rather frustrating watching the number of active cases rising, we'd nearly eradicated it here in oz, until foolish people got complacent.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Here in the UK some areas, including my own, have seen a rise of new cases.

I'm fortunate that all I ever did was stay in and game. The lockdown wasn't as tough for me.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    We had a lot of resteraunts closed and stores opened for shorter hours which caused overcrowding and long lineups to get into the store and silly limits causing frequent trips out because I could nevery buy enough at once.I was ln lockdown for the past few weeks because My right knee was badly sprained and the weather was way too hot for going out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I was lucky/unlucky enough to remain working through lockdowns. I mean I'm extremely grateful to have kept my job (and for hazard pay meaning I earned an almost decent income for once). But it was brutal for the first couple months. So insanely busy only to get yelled at all day by people who don't understand what a pandemic is.

But I did spend all my time at home on my days off and I did have vacation in the middle of all of it that I couldn't do anything with. Though it didn't help that I also had a broken foot so even just walking outside to get out wasn't happening. But yeah it was rough not being able to go out at all other than work or groceries. I'm not a very social person and a bit of a homebody but even I gotta get out sometimes for something besides work. But it definitely helped having that. I do feel for people who had nothing to do for months.

I remember like 2 days in we were getting people coming in because they were bored and we all hated them because like you're endangering our health because you can't stay at home for 2 weeks... never mind 2 weeks in but you have no hobbies in the house that can entertain you for 2 days? But when this went on significantly longer than 2 weeks yeah I get how it starts to become very boring.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Quarantine is pretty fun for me. Saves a lot of money and time! I can work from home (don't need to waste money travelling since I usually would have to take the train and bus).

Plus, I don't get bored cuz even before quarantine, I'm kinda like this? Just staying at home, drawing or watching YouTube. I always exercise at home too before this (ain't no money for gym).

It's a blessing being an indoor home type of person but I can understand how it could be boring for people who are more outgoing or social or like to get out. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    Though, with the way things are going in the eastern states, we may be heading into another round of lock-downs.

It's rather frustrating watching the number of active cases rising, we'd nearly eradicated it here in oz, until foolish people got complacent.

I live on the East Coast and am scared about us having to go in lockdown again. Fortunately, the state I live in has been really good about keeping numbers down. I'm just worried about the place I work going out of business due to another lockdown and being out of a job :(

I wish people would take this seriously and actually just wear masks and social distance. So many foolish people around.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Here in the UK some areas, including my own, have seen a rise of new cases.

I'm fortunate that all I ever did was stay in and game. The lockdown wasn't as tough for me.

I was able to game a lot during quarantine as well. I basically played through the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and Fallout 3. But after 3 months, I was going crazy. To much time inside :D
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »

I live on the East Coast and am scared about us having to go in lockdown again. Fortunately, the state I live in has been really good about keeping numbers down. I'm just worried about the place I work going out of business due to another lockdown and being out of a job :(

I wish people would take this seriously and actually just wear masks and social distance. So many foolish people around.

Qld? Apparently some silly people had a beach party on the weekend.

I've never been so glad to have moved to the sticks in SA

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif