The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Always Filthy using Washtub??

I'm playing off-the-grid. Whenever I have my Sims do their laundry in the washtub and hang it on the clothesline it's always filthy. Do the laundry additives not work? I have not played off the grid before....so I'm used to the washing machine and dryer. Adding a rose to the washing machine always made my Sims laundry pristine or at least good. I tried adding the laundry additive to the washtub.....filthy laundry.

Are there different additives for the washtub versus the washing machine? Anyone else experiencing dirty laundry regardless of what you try to do?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    I think off the grid lots have brackish water. You probably need to find a cleaner source of water.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    If you use gathered water, do you still get the moodlet?
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I had the same situation, but when I started gathering water the clothes came out of the tub as 'used'. Still never clean, but not filthy.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Thanks everyone! I may see if the washer and dryer works off the grid, with having excess energy stored. My sink works and it's not off the grid. I'm loving playing the off the grid, but these dirty clothes is just so annoying haha.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    I have a Sim that's been living off the grid since well before the update.

Build up your Sim's fitness level a little, they will do a better job at washing. And of course, always replace the water and add flowers. My Sim's laundry is always clean or pristine.
    And now that we have the option to gather water, I no longer get the brackish water moodlet for any of the appliances in my house. If I do, it just means I need to gather more water.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    Thanks for the insight @lisamwitt. I had my Sim gather water. Laundry came out normal....which is better than filthy. So maybe my Sim just needs to gather more water? There isn't anything to measure how much water the household needs.....as my Sim lives in Port Promise and I don't believe there's fishing there, so always having to travel to get water. Wish there was some kind of gauge so i could avoid the loading screens lol haha
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    Thanks for the insight @lisamwitt. I had my Sim gather water. Laundry came out normal....which is better than filthy. So maybe my Sim just needs to gather more water? There isn't anything to measure how much water the household needs.....as my Sim lives in Port Promise and I don't believe there's fishing there, so always having to travel to get water. Wish there was some kind of gauge so i could avoid the loading screens lol haha

You can put the wishing well, if you have it, on your lot.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,415 Member

You can collect water on your own lot if you really want to. Since your sim lives in Port promise you can use the dew collector that came with the pack. If you want your sim to actually collect it themselves you can use the wishing well from the romantic garden stuff pack, like @crocobaura suggested. But you can also use the pond from get Famous (the one you can fill with koi or sharks) or the base game fishing pond (the one you see in the oasis spring Park, you need the show hidden objects cheat to find it in the catalog and place it on your lot)
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2020
    if your clothes dont come out fully clean you sometimes need to take them out, put the clothes on the ground, replace the water and rinse them again before hanging them up. You dont need to rerun the full action though cuz it usually only takes less than half the time to get pristine as it did to do the first round of wash. It depends on how much and how dirty your laiundry is I think.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    edited June 2020

I'm wishing for that too. A heads up before I'm about to run out would great at the very least. I've just started having her gather water every couple days. I don't have eco living, so she's in Willow Creek, and there's fishing spots pretty close by. I do wish I had a well though.

Edit: I forgot about the well from Romantic garden. I just bought the pack recently.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    edited June 2020
    Thanks so much @crocobaura, @Atreya33, @aveniceglass & @lisamwitt!!! I've been playing this game for years & totally forgot about the wishing well and the ponds. Really appreciate the feedback.

So it just turned winter in my game & my Sims can gather water from the snow (not sure if that's new or not). But the laundry is no longer filthy....which is good. Still not getting pristine but it's Clean....so I'm decent with that lol. I think I'll try @aveniceglass idea of putting clothes on the ground and washing again.

It's so funny because my Sims have only had washer and dryers since Laundry Day came out....so they've been spoiled...me the player spoiled, haha. I don't think I've ever used the washing tub before, definitely not played off the grid before, so I'm enjoying this challenge. Thanks to everyone for enlightening me on objects that I've had in game this entire time and forgot about :)
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    @Sha2520032003 Those things were updated in the latest pre-release patch for Eco Living back in early June. You wouldn't have been able to use the Wishing Well, pond, or winter snow to gather water before that.