Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle object upgrades

I'm really enjoying this pack, despite a few bugs. Is there a list somewhere showing what object upgrades contribute to Industrial footprint, and which ones contribute to Green footprint, or is this just something that should be common sense? I noticed after upgrading that some of my objects are showing that they are contributing to the industrial footprint, which I don't want. I think I've established that the fuel related upgrades are industrial, unfortunately it's too late because my sims have already done those upgrades. So, are there any other upgrades besides fuel related ones that are industrial? Is there any cheat (not mod) that can remove existing upgrades from my sims objects? (But if you give your fridge the energy efficient upgrade, why would you even be able to then perform another upgrade making it more industrial?) Thanks for the help. I feel stupid that it didn't occur to me not to do all the upgrades.

Comments

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited June 2020
    @ricola8321 Thank you for creating this thread. The upgrades is definitely not common sense. My Sim is level 10 in handiness and has that perk where she can instantly upgrade, which performs any and all upgrades for an item. But since it's mixed with eco/industrial she put them all in, which left the upgrade neutral. My refrigerator is showing +green and I only did the energy efficient upgrade on that one. & I used Eco parts. So, I think only doing energy efficient plus using eco parts will make it +green. & if you upgrade with fuel ones.....there's two options...one to use insect bio fuel or recyclables. I would think that one of these is industrial and one is green. My Sims computer was industrial and I had her use the recyclebles I haven't tried upgrading with the insect bio fuel to see if that makes any difference.

It honestly makes no sense and I'm just upgrading thru trial and error. My Sim is off the grid so I thought the upgrades with the off the grid symbol would be good but they're more industrial. So off the grid, and green/industrial aren't really related. Those upgrades help off the grid, but trying to be green is just so hard. So, I just deleted the item....and bought it again and installed the upgrade that I know is +green.

As far as I know, there's no way to remove an upgrade once it's done. I just delete it and buy it again. Sorry, probably not too helpful.
  • ricola8321ricola8321 Posts: 199 Member
    @Sha2520032003 thank you! I’m glad I’m not the only one confused by this. I had my sims add bio fuel from the insect box to the fridge and then it started saying it was green, and not industrial anymore, even with all the upgrades, so I’m hoping that if I keep using bio fuel it will stay green, but I’m not sure.