Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ROM is on sale

SOoo I am looking for opinions on RoM. Is it a good game pack?? What is buggy? Can you sell potions in a store? I really am not a fan of theme but I am a sucker for a 50% off sale...LOL

Can someone answer the questions above? Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'd check previous threads as I believe the sale ends today, 18th June, doesn't it?
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'd check previous threads as I believe the sale ends today, 18th June, doesn't it?

This is a new one.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I like the pack. You can sell the potions retail. Be aware though that the immortal potion will only keep your sim immortal while you play that household. If you switch households and play with aging on, they will die of old age. :/

I do have fun with the pack though and the CAS/BB is great. Even if that's all you used at 50% it would be worth it. (IMO)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »
    I like the pack. You can sell the potions retail. Be aware though that the immortal potion will only keep your sim immortal while you play that household. If you switch households and play with aging on, they will die of old age. :/

I do have fun with the pack though and the CAS/BB is great. Even if that's all you used at 50% it would be worth it. (IMO)

awesome and thank you :)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    I use tons of mods to fix bugs and annoyances , and just realized , for ROM I only use 2 :) (prevent the game from creating new sages and spellcasters on it's own) , for me that is very low amount, so I will also agree that yes worth of -50% price. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I've enjoyed the pack. Was never really big on occults, but definitely a fun one. Spellcasters probably one of the most OP occults to date at that.

I really love CAS. Kinda had this combination of somewhat old magic to punk aesthetic going on.

Build/buy is very nice. I really like the furniture that came with this pack.

Glimmerbrook isn't a big world, but very quaint.

Fairly easy to make the transition to a spellcaster when you get to the other world through Glimmerbrook and it's the only way to do so less you have the stone in your sims inventory to be able to be able to port back there (or at least until you learn the spell to do so.) OR you can go into debug and plop it on your lot somewhere or any other lot and you can go right there to make things easier.

I tend to cause a lot of havoc just starting fires with sims or just some mischeif. :tongue: Most spells as per usual with occults are some cheats we have in some form in the game and then some new ones brought to the table that are fun or just useful. I really just had a sim mostly just making potions for the most part and selling them on their lot on like the yardsale table.

The main lot where you go to will seem fairly empty with the misuse of space compared to the trailer. Would recommend replacing it with the very creative and various ones on the gallery less you like adding more things in yourself.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you for posting this. RoM is the only gp i don't own as for now but with a 50% discount i may buy it at last :)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    So... i did it. I bought it. I had so many doubts about this one... but for 9,99 i'll def find some fun :)
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Not my favourite pack but 50% is irresistible :)
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't like the magic theme. The world is a missed opportunity to create a good spooky forest this fairies and other supernaturals. Lots are surrounded by rocks so they don't have good views, and it's extremely small. Build/buy items are a bit awkward that do not match any other style.

Not recommended at all.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'm definitely glad I got it back when. Hope you enjoy it, OP. The CAS and BB items are worth half of the pack prize :D
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    *cries in I bought this 2 weeks ago when it was only 25% off*.

Still, hoping this means vampires will be 50% off soon as I really want that pack!
    I'd say ROM is worth it at 50% off, it's a bit lacklustre though ngl. Gameplay is severely lacking there's no challenge or skill you just ask the sages to teach you spells every day until you've learned them all. Yawn.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your comments. They were very insightful. I picked it up 10 bucks was how did @jimbbq say....irresistible. ❤️😊 to everyone.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I also bought this 50% off. $10 was too good to pass on. Or "irresistible" as some of you say haha. Not a huge fan of magic but the Art Nouveau BB looks cool.
  • Options
    darlingdeviantdarlingdeviant Posts: 36 Member
    Good to know. I've been holding off on buying this pack because I heard it was so buggy.
    The ocean does not apologize for its depth and the mountains do not seek forgiveness for the space they take; so, neither shall I.
    Origin ID/Gallery ID: darlingdeviant
    My Simblr (CAS challenges/lookbooks): thedarlingdeviant.tumblr.com

• Options
    I did get the mod to keep my sims turning into spellcasters so far pretty good.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    For me RoM is essential but it is so subjective. What one simmer likes another doesn’t.

I love having the magical realm in my game. I needed something that felt... not ordinary.

I like having pointy ears on a few of my sims and not having to use mods for them.

The esthetics and clothes is just my style the portals that you can build with are a lot of fun.

Wish we could live in the realm.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    For me RoM is essential but it is so subjective. What one simmer likes another doesn’t.

I love having the magical realm in my game. I needed something that felt... not ordinary.

I like having pointy ears on a few of my sims and not having to use mods for them.

The esthetics and clothes is just my style the portals that you can build with are a lot of fun.

Wish we could live in the realm.

I feel exactly the same. This is the one GP I bought at full price without regretting it.