July 3 - No Friday without a Friday Highlight! Find this week's highlighted discussions here.
June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!

Eco footprint always decaying to neutral

2...Next

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 365 Member
    Also I've found my world just randomly goes green sometimes, it'll be at neutral with 15% green and then I'll just get a pop-up saying the world is now green and it'll all be green out of nowhere
    Sulani ooh na na, half of my heart is in Sulani ooh na na
    tumblr_pst4h30GUj1rr6091o3_r1_500.gifv
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,148 Member
    Hi @ScarletQueenKat
    First of all, many thanks for taking your time doing mods and helping a lot of simmers 🙏🙏
    I've been using your no decay mod for a few time. Before i installed the mod i cheated some neighbourhoods to industrial state. I haven't played on those neighbourhoods but after about 4 sim's weeks my unplayed and unvisited neighbourhoods went all back to neutral. I have no idea if this was your intention. I just throught that it might be nice to offer my feedback.
    What i really wanted to happen in my game is that i could cheat some neighbourhoods into industrial and then just completelly pause it and it would never change.
    Am i doing something wrong? Is this achiveable throught your mod?
    Again, many many thanks for your work!
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 730 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Hi @ScarletQueenKat
    First of all, many thanks for taking your time doing mods and helping a lot of simmers 🙏🙏
    I've been using your no decay mod for a few time. Before i installed the mod i cheated some neighbourhoods to industrial state. I haven't played on those neighbourhoods but after about 4 sim's weeks my unplayed and unvisited neighbourhoods went all back to neutral. I have no idea if this was your intention. I just throught that it might be nice to offer my feedback.
    What i really wanted to happen in my game is that i could cheat some neighbourhoods into industrial and then just completelly pause it and it would never change.
    Am i doing something wrong? Is this achiveable throught your mod?
    Again, many many thanks for your work!

Hi @telmarina

My mod is supposed to prevent it from moving, so that shouldn't have happened. Do you have any other mods? There is another mod that influences the Eco Footprints (it's not allowed to be discussed here though). So, if you have that, it may have caused it to move because it would override mine.

EA made this system a lot more complicated then they should have.
    Scarlet's Mods - All of my mods including SimCity Loans, Subject Homework, No Required Ingredients, and more!
    Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat ♦
    @ScarletQueenKat i only have 2 more mods: one to only use names in english (my game isn't in english but i prefer sim's names to be in english) and other to reduce university credits per degree.
    edited June 29
    telmarina wrote: »
    @ScarletQueenKat i only have 2 more mods: one to only use names in english (my game isn't in english but i prefer sim's names to be in english) and other to reduce university credits per degree.

@telmarina I don't know then. It shouldn't be decaying at all. Considering all of the comments in this thread stating they can't get it to change even when trying, then it's a mystery.

I'm very close to just scrapping it because it's not worth the headache and trouble. This is supposed to be a simple quick tuning mod but the way EA made this Eco footprint system is a complete mess.

Scarlet's Mods - All of my mods including SimCity Loans, Subject Homework, No Required Ingredients, and more!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 3,338 Member
    Thanks guys! Think I understand it a little bit better now. Will look into my lots again.
    edited June 30
    Hey everyone, so when I originally created No Eco Footprint Decay that's been mentioned here, my testers and I believed that we could still influence the meter through normal gameplay. However, with the current system that EA set, it’s just not possible to do this and have no decay. Through script mods, probably, but I’m still a scripting noob.

So, today I just added a new version in which I included a decay override of 0 to kick in once it reaches the halfway point for both Green and Industrial:

SemiNoEcoFootprintDecay – Decays as normal so you can influence it through normal gameplay. However, this version locks the footprint meter once you get it at least halfway to Industrial or Green. Use this if you don’t want to use cheats to influence your Eco Footprint meter, but also don’t want to lose all the hard work you put into changing the footprint.

So, hopefully this new version is a happy medium.
    @ScarletQueenKat thank you.

Anyway i just want to say that your first flavour of the mod is doing it for me. I do have to cheat neighbourhoods back to industrial after 4 or 5 weeks, but is small work and im getting what i wanted for my game with your mod.

Many thanks!