Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's The Next Household You're Going To Play?

Alternatively, 'Who Is Up Next In Your Rotation?' I'm very curious about how other people play. Introduce the household you're going to play next. Who is in it? What's their story? What are your future plans for this household? Do you have any pictures? Anything you want to share about the next household you're going to play is awesome.

I'm currently only playing the sims from my Too Good at Goodbyes save. The next household I'm playing is Luna Villareal and her daughter Allyson Holder. I won't go into depth to much about what my plans are since that could be considered spoilery, but I can introduce them. Luna lives in a house with her child-aged daughter Allyson. Allyson is a very rebellious, sensitive kid. She doesn't like to be around too many people because she gets overwhelmed and she's been spoiled with her mother's attention. Right now, Allyson takes it all for granted and doesn't realise how much of a superhero her mom actually is. Luna even took a job as a substitute teacher at her daughter's primary school so she could be around her all the time. She wants her daughter to be okay and not act out, but she has found out the hard way that parenting is a job that never ends. She wishes she had a partner to help her out but she knows that for now she is on her own. Allyson comes first and when Allyson is okay, Luna is also okay. If you want to know more about them or about any of the other Villareals, I have a cast page on my blog.

Some pictures from this family:
05-15-20-3-32-13-PM.jpg
Grading-Schoolwork.png
05-01-20-2-26-08-PM.jpg
Allyson-Child.png

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited June 2020
    My work in progress is actually getting detailed in my thread here

It’s getting a little crazy, hence the subject line “Is this getting out of control?” But I am trying to see if Sims with more fleshed out families are more interesting/have more stickability
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @NRowe Sounds like a cool project! I wonder if it works. I definitely enjoy my Villareal family saga, so for me the family aspect does help. I have recently created a family in CAS with stories as well so whenever I get around to playing those, I wonder if I'll like playing them as much as when I rolled into the Villareal family because I obviously created them myself instead of playing a premade one.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I currently alternate between two saves. Rags to Newcrest and Seven Generations Seven Plots. In both cases I'm in a "between" stage waiting for the next generation to reach teen/young adult so I can move to the next phase.

Tonight, it's Seven Gen/Seven Plots with my Spellcaster triplets. Their grandmother's family suffered a mysterious accident that burned her house down, and she had to rebuild from the ground up. Their mother discovered that she had magical heritage and traveled to Glimmerbrook to learn to use that magic - and eventually married into the Charm family. Now I wait for these three to become Young Adults and go to University and see what sort of collegiate hijinks they can get into.
    AyBXk40.png

The Blond boy is Merlin, the eldest. He's the most outgoing of the three, and wants to see as much of the world as he can. The red-head is Tal. He's a gamer, through and through, and plans to go into computer game design already. The girl is Vivian, who is also the youngest. She's a budding conservationist, and helps take care of the garden.

Both parents went to Britechester, but it looks like these three (except maybe Merlin) are probably going to Foxbury... eventually. (Which is kinda a good thing because I haven't actually played on Foxbury campus yet.)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm about to play my favorite type of household: roommates aka families in all but blood. I swapped a few sims out yesterday and will play this household in its new constellation for the first time today.

Blurb:
    "For several years now Dan Phillips has run the local junkyard. With the help of his hired hands, all runaway androids, he has made it into a profitable business and even made a name for himself by involving himself in the NAP voting. But now the original owner, George Cahill, has returned from Strangerville to take over again. Dan really doesn't like being a subordinate again, especially after George tossed his "squatting" friends out. Will the old and the new junkyard crew find common ground some day?"

Here is George introducing himself:
    d0514ea0a11074a8ad8fe12d03cae9226dc63393.png
    My sims left to right Jake, Julia and Chloe. Jake only lives here, he has switched from trash sorter to pro-athlete (my basketball club called and invited him one day). Although George doesn't want the trio to live on site, they will still appear during club meetings of the "Junkyard crew".

3fee970acee070fe6ed8767f81f14f86fafe0b78.png
    And here we have George, Chloe again and Dan. The lot they are on is "The Hidden Box" from the gallery. I build them a trailer upstairs, but plan to expand the underground party cellar to a real home, seeing that George, Dan and Erwin all three have the Paranoid trait. They will like it. Also the lot has a strong industrial footprint, so they'll want to be out of what passes for air in Del Sol Valley.

745d3611cc37719ef116e9099448da5cae00c598.png
    Captain Whitaker and Erwin Pries. Erwin in this alternate universe is George's son. He is expected to learn everything about handyness, robotics and fabrication from his father as well as Dan, but might also enroll at uni with the excess money.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm playing my Westeros save. Most of my households are family-centric at the moment because I haven't yet introduced all the families I want to, but I'm gradually branching out. :)

At hte money I'm playing Dacey Gardener, sister to the king of the Reach. Dacey is an Outdoor Enthusiast and loves spending her time in Granite Falls. She's starting to feel lonely, though, so she's thinking about taking a roommate for when she's at home, and perhaps pursuing a romance.

The next household I'm due to pay is House Durrandon, rulers of the Stormlands (Windenberg). King Imry and Queen Isolde currently have 2 young daughters.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    @Mariefoxprice83 Your save sounds fascinating. Is it medieval? Or modern times? It just sounds old to me, haha.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm planning to play the BFF household next in Willow Creek. I play mostly pre-made families.
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @Mariefoxprice83 Your save sounds fascinating. Is it medieval? Or modern times? It just sounds old to me, haha.

It's modern because medieval is so much work. I played a Victorian save last year and it was frustrating when sims kept pulling out their phones. I'm going with inspired by Westeros, rather than a straight conversion. It means I don't have to spend hours building castles that will be unwieldy to play.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Been thinking about playing the pre-mades in Windenburg that have that really cool lot that's like a church converted to a loft-type home. Always thought that build was cool just haven't gotten around to play them.
    edited June 2020
    @Sharonia Do you play according to their predefined bios or do you put your own spin on it?

@Mariefoxprice83 I totally get that! I'm planning on trying to play some different time periods still but finding the right downloads to make it all work won't be easy.

@eternalrainn I'm not sure which household you mean. I play in Windenburg quite a lot and I'm looking at the map online, but still can't figure out which lot. 😂
    @Sharonia Do you play according to their predefined bios or do you put your own spin on it?

@Mariefoxprice83 I totally get that! I'm planning on trying to play some different time periods still but finding the right downloads to make it all work won't be easy.

I still have my Victorian clothing cc and it's funny when sims randomly show up wearing a random item. I'm really tempted to make a reenactment society in this save but I haven't found the right sims to do it, yet.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2020
    Dunno if it counts, but as soon as I wrap up the main storyline in my current household I'll move out the eldest kid to Brindleton Bay and play rotationally between his family and a few Harry Potter based families which will all be living in the same neighbourhood :) Mainly Sirius Black and Remus Lupin raising Harry:
    SbpNzEz.jpg
    IcdBHgW.jpg
    sPMlqZw.jpg
    No hardcore storylines for them planned as I don't know how much time I'll have (going to college this year... or not) just fun gameplay :) Or not... It never goes the way I think it will with these kind of things :D
    @Koteyka Your screenshots look super cute! Little Harry is adorable.
    edited June 2020
    @eternalrainn I'm not sure which household you mean. I play in Windenburg quite a lot and I'm looking at the map online, but still can't figure out which lot. 😂

I just looked it up it's the Partihaus household. They are by the 2 starter home lots.

Edited to add the lot is called "Factory One".
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I've been wanting to play the Free Spirits forever. Ulrike Faust and Maaike Haas. Every time I have an idea for a new save or type of gameplay, I don't feel as they fit. I'm enjoying my Eco Save file at the moment so we will see.
    edited June 2020
    @eternalrainn Ah, I see! I've never seen that house up close so I had no idea it looked like that. Looks really cool, actually.
    @aaronrulz Why do you feel like playing them so badly? Is it their bio, their looks or what?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

I just looked it up it's the Partihaus household. They are by the 2 starter home lots.

@eternalrainn Partihaus are fun if you're into single young folk copping off with each other. They cause a lot of drama.

calaprfy wrote: »

@eternalrainn Partihaus are fun if you're into single young folk copping off with each other. They cause a lot of drama.

Oh I'm definitely going to have to play them now lol!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I was already playing but planning on playing again anyways, anyhow I have a save on short so have to go go go to keep things going, it's mainly based around breed out the ugly. So while that family is working on that goal I just pick and choose when to mix in other families so I am playing them as much at the same time as I can.

So Cassandra Goth is getting ready to celebrate Halloween with her future husband who I had to recreate after accidentally deleting him he was spawned in and I liked him so....yep.
    qHEevTA.png
    Peeps probably don't approve of this look, I do he'll be a fine Goth ha.
    nWObFgi.png
    Now after Travis died in the wall as a plantsim from lack of sun...(don't ask lol) she moved in more on Knox who was good had making things hard and it took three tries to get him but now he's stuck. After selling the family home when his mother died he moved in to help with bills and such and even got his wife, who he eloped with there Maranda, they are fairly attached at the hip.
    oZoVJpp.png
    I feel a little bad we just missed the middle child's birthday, Makoa's daughter, but I was there to see his, I happened to rotate back just as she was aging up. Anyways I don't really think Maranda is really ugly she looks unique to me but she has some strong looks.
    A1yTxTU.png
    At least Ellie got to claim the treehouse after I took away the stairs and put in a ladder instead, Knox is loving to his step kids and his actual daughter so he spent some time up there just chatting with her they are an odd family with multiple baby daddies but they work and I need to get back to them. They totally slowed my other story threads see I have far too many lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

Yeah I try stick to their predefined stories. Often enough though their stories will trail off in complete different directions.

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Dang, I can relate to Luna here. My oldest niece is like Allyson, so I know exactly what she's going through. Are they living in Luna's family's house, or somewhere else?
    c91PAwX.png
    Recently, I finished up an Off-the-Grid Rags to Riches with my teen archaeologist witch, Lacey. She's an adult and has won the challenge. She had a small fling with a fellow archaeologist, but had since settled down with a local fishman. They even had a kid together - Abel.

SvcSinY.png
    He drowned in their pool though. Guessing the chlorine was too much for him.

But yeah. My next playthrough will follow Lacey's parents. Since Lacey is always working in Selvadorada, they're going to move to Sulani and raise her son. I'm thinking of doing a Rags to Riches challenge with them, too - two elders taking care of a toddler Off-the-Grid. It might be even more challenging with them. By the by - does anyone know if there's a way to generate power without Eco Lifestyle?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't really have a name for my save, it's just my current main rotation that is pretty established.

I'm currently playing the royal family living in a custom-built palace, HRH Prince Alistair and Princess Claudine Von Haunt. I downloaded and have been renovating their massive home on the biggest lot in Newcrest. They are not the most exciting family so far, I'm not quite sure where their household is going. They have one son who will grow up to be a prince and is currently a toddler. I haven't yet decided how this family will be interesting. I might have them get famous but they are also reclusive.

I have all different households in my rotation, wealthy, poor and in-between. I hadn't yet decided which household I'll play next but there will be a group of new YAs going to Foxbury soon. There are a lot of different stories intersecting and sims interacting with each other. It's a little hard to describe the plot, its kind of freeform. There are plotlines but the current household I'm playing is a quieter one.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited June 2020
    I can't play my pre-Eco Lifestyle saves because of the bugs. I'm afraid that the gardening bugs will ruin my Sims' gardens and that all the pets will disappear.
    I'm bored with my EL save, but I guess I could play that and get all the craziest NAP's just for laughs, but what then?

The other choice is to play my army guy Randy whose dog disappeared and according to his greyed out icon he's living at the Landgraab residence now. Randy's mission is to kill Landgraabs because they stole his dog. I just don't know how, I don't usually like to kill Sims. Maybe I could use murphy beds or just put the whole family in the pool and fence them in, but then I'd have to move Randy in with them. Killing them won't bring Randy's dog back, but at least it gives me something to do in the game.

Third choice would be to start a new game and play with Vlad. He won't have a pet (he usually has a cat in my other saves) until the bug gets fixed and he won't have a garden either. I want to play with him when the knitting pack comes out, so I could start it already. He's going to be knitting a lot (and probably bore me to death) and start a knitting club, I hope it's possible. That club will also be his way of getting easy food. >:):trollface:
    I could start the save already and make Vlad do other stuff, like figure skating, baking, yoga and I would love him to do flower arranging but I can't because gardening is broken.

Desicions...
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    @Duvelina To answer your question, I usually like what's not popular. Seems like most everyone loves playing and talking about the Landgraab's, Pancake's, Goth's, and Don Lothario to name a few, and I don't care as much about them. I enjoy the townies that don't get much attention. First off, I love their names...Ulrike and Maaike...very unique. Also, I like that they aren't the prettiest sims. They are normal and average and I do like their bios.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,915 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'm bored with my EL save, but I guess I could play that and get all the craziest NAP's just for laughs, but what then?

I am doing just that :D Try free love, have your sim go to a nightclub where that is on. The pairings so far have been so hilarious :D I would never use that NAP at my main save but oh boy I am having fun with it :D

Fighting NAP is funny to look at , but as it seems to not to have any effects so ever on relationships, it is quite boring :)

I also have modded out the most annoying part of Sharing is caring, so they cannot steal from communitylots, I had to took that mod of for this save, just out of curiosity about what they steal :D My Global superstar seems to be poorest of them all, as he swiped allmost the whole bar at Uni hood :D

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina