Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What types of aspirations would you like to see in The Sims 4 more?

2...Next

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I was about to vote knowledge, only to find it was missing.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Love
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    I was about to vote knowledge, only to find it was missing.

Sorry I was trying to go for the most neglected aspirations I just forgot the villainy one because there's only two of those it should have been here as well but yeah I agree we need more of all types of aspirations
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    And more impact on sims' lives than the mere ocassional whim.
    Love
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    And more impact on sims' lives than the mere ocassional whim.

Agreed
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Fortune
    I would've voted athletic, but I feel like both the athlete career and the fitness skill are pretty limiting. I don't really think there's room to create a new aspiration without adding in more game features tied to those two things.
    I picked fortune because I feel like there should be one tied to something like philanthropy. A sim who aspires to be a big donor either to environmental causes with Eco Living or political causes with City Living.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Love
    I would like them all if I'm being honest. More choice and more challenging ones too.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Fortune
    I voted fortune, because it would be nice to see some more nuances of that instead of just Uncle Scrooge and have a big house. Like career-oriented aspirations. I would probably prefer some more knowledge/location ones though (like a Travel the World aspiration, for instance).

That being said, I'd welcome any new aspiration that's not just a tutorial to show off a new pack content. Anything that can actually reflect a personality, rather than feel like a quest/guide.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Animal
    Perhaps it is just my desire for a farming/ranching expansion (and my animal loving nature), but I do really want to see this section expanded.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Athletic
    Something for my active sims!

We have running, boxing, sparring, climbing, swimming, cycling. I might look for a CC-aspiration for Iron Man. I feel like a fun and challenging aspiration would be great for my guy-sims. In RL I know several who are very much into long distance running, races which combines cycling, running and swimming. There could be a timed challenge in which you had to do every activity perhaps?

I would really like to have a gruff military sims who does this on the side. They cannot all be gloomy aspiring artists painting sunsets. The bodybuilder-aspiration did not fit my sims so I have never done it, but I play loads of active sims.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Don't care about the category, I just want them to stop making the pack tutorial type.

Yeah a lot of people have been calling for better aspirations lately I would also like to have some lifeline wishes like in Sims 3 except I want to be able to do more than one

I don't get the appeal of lifetime wishes. It's just "reach level 10 of this career and your whole life is complete". Aspirations are already better because they are more complex - I want to be the best gardener, I want to be a good vampire, I want to be a Strangerville hero, these are the steps to achieve them.

A way to improve it would be to have separate rewards for each milestone to distinguish them, so that a level 2 bodybuilder can do more types of workouts, or a level 2 soulmate can do more interactions with their partner, and so on.
    Love
    sennawales wrote: »
    Don't care about the category, I just want them to stop making the pack tutorial type.

Yeah a lot of people have been calling for better aspirations lately I would also like to have some lifeline wishes like in Sims 3 except I want to be able to do more than one

I don't get the appeal of lifetime wishes. It's just "reach level 10 of this career and your whole life is complete". Aspirations are already better because they are more complex - I want to be the best gardener, I want to be a good vampire, I want to be a Strangerville hero, these are the steps to achieve them.

A way to improve it would be to have separate rewards for each milestone to distinguish them, so that a level 2 bodybuilder can do more types of workouts, or a level 2 soulmate can do more interactions with their partner, and so on.

thats a cool idea @sennawales
    Love
    sennawales wrote: »

I also get what you're saying about the long-term aspirations not being as good in some ways but I'm not talking about replacing the short-term respirations I'm just talkin about adding some longer goes to for people that like that
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Athletic
    Fitness only has one option as of now, and I could really use some more options for my athletically inclined sims.
    Ideally I'd love some cross-pack aspirations, but I know that's unrealistic outside of modding.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Fortune
    Something for my active sims!

We have running, boxing, sparring, climbing, swimming, cycling. I might look for a CC-aspiration for Iron Man. I feel like a fun and challenging aspiration would be great for my guy-sims. In RL I know several who are very much into long distance running, races which combines cycling, running and swimming. There could be a timed challenge in which you had to do every activity perhaps?

I would really like to have a gruff military sims who does this on the side. They cannot all be gloomy aspiring artists painting sunsets. The bodybuilder-aspiration did not fit my sims so I have never done it, but I play loads of active sims.

@SilentKitty Oh I would love that! Tbh the bodybuilder aspiration barely is an aspiration, it's the easiest/quickest one to complete so it just feels like a quick side project they can get done to get the long-lived trait until they move on to their "real" aspiration.
    Love
    I would really like more child aspirations I think those are really needed
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't pay that much attention to aspirations but I'd want more career ones or more aspirations centered around a theme. I don't have the Eco pack yet but that's an example of ones I'd like.

In terms of general aspirations - fortune, family and love would make sense. I think some kind of pack related to managing (and losing) wealth would make sense.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.