Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it free to download, install and play The sims 3 from Origin Account?

bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
So The Sims 3 is free to download, install and play from your Origin account once you already played The Sims 4 and other The Sims edition and franchise?

[Edited by EA_Mai - removing all caps from the title, please, don't use all caps]
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I haven't heard anything like that, but I already have TS3 on Origin so can't check.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    edited June 2020
    Unless you have the CD ver. of The Sims 3, you can just enter the product codes of each CD in Origin and it will download and you can play that way instead BUT if you don't have the CD's with the product code then you will have to buy the game in Origin.
    Hope this helps you out :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2020
    bootsguy wrote: »
    So The Sims 3 is free to download, install and play from your Origin account once you already played The Sims 4 and other The Sims edition and franchise?

I haven't heard that myself. Where did you get that information? Sims 2 was available free for a time but EA is still making money from Sims 3 so I doubt it will be free soon. I expect you would have to subscrible to Origin or Steam Access to get anything like that in future. (Steam Access will be available some time in the Autumn/Fall apparently.

I had registered all my Sims 3 packs when they came out so Origin downloaded them all for me without needing to put in the redeeming codes again. I didn't get anything free.

I would wait for any official announcement. Free downloads may contain viruses and may affect any purchases you want to do later.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    bootsguy wrote: »

No, not unless you subscribe to Origin Access. The Sims 3 is included in Origin access, and would be part of your membership while you continue your subscription. I'm still hoping they add The Sims Complete Collection to Origin access, or make it available for purchase for those who haven't played it before. Now that they own Maxis intellectual property, this should not be an issue.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Actually I already have.. Someone purchased me TS3 way back in 2009 and been playing it for awhile until 2014 with The Sims Medieval so I think the TS3 installed in my account is a proof that I already have that game in my account and that I only need to download the game and install it and play it!