Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living in dictatorship

So this game is championing eco living and dictatorship it seems. I have a sim I have been playing as a child and now he is an elder. I just looked at his influence point he has 2800 points! Lol ! I didn’t even try. Seriously did they test this game at all before it shipped? It is too easy to get influence points. The main features NAP and eco footprint are so badly implemented. Really hope they will patch it somehow.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    Normally I don't turn off any settings in my game, but with ECO I had to turn that part off. I would love to see EA adjust the setting to where things don't move so fast, and to tweak some of those NAPs.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    2800 points is 280 votes if you used the system every week, probably less if you voted for the makerspace a few times aswell, and if you have npc voting enabled, it would take more votes to get your favored proposition in the lead. I don't know how 280 weeks translates to your lifespan/seasons setting, mine would be roughly 17 sim years.

All this to say yeah it sounds like a lot but also you're kinda meant to use it all throughout your sim life, not hoard it like a dragon ?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    So this game is championing eco living and dictatorship it seems. I have a sim I have been playing as a child and now he is an elder. I just looked at his influence point he has 2800 points! Lol ! I didn’t even try. Seriously did they test this game at all before it shipped? It is too easy to get influence points. The main features NAP and eco footprint are so badly implemented. Really hope they will patch it somehow.

I did find it weird to hear game changers/modders say it was difficult to earn influence. What? Lol. Like, all you have to do is play the game and you'll earn influence.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Well you can only get four NAP active. After that it is pretty much it. So 2800 points really is a lot !
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited June 2020
    Well you can only get four NAP active. After that it is pretty much it. So 2800 points really is a lot !

I thought NAPs could be repealed, which would open up a slot for a new NAP?

And there is, as mentioned, changing the community space. Theoretically you could vote for a new one each week, depending on what you think you'll need.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    You can keep changing the community space every week yes. But for NAP four is max. You can repeal one to free up a slot.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Tbh it would have been a lot better if after all the slots are taken, the oldest NAP slot is changed every week - and that they actually kept their sorting by oldest.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    You can keep changing the community space every week yes. But for NAP four is max. You can repeal one to free up a slot.

You don't really need to change it every week if you place all needed elements on the lot. Objects still function as intended. I am thinking of using the different sub-lots for seasonal changes and decorations.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Tbh it would have been a lot better if after all the slots are taken, the oldest NAP slot is changed every week - and that they actually kept their sorting by oldest.

I like this idea. Once I have all 4 of the ones I want, I'm not repealing anything because I wanted it there. That's why I voted it there in the first place! Dropping off the oldest one would force the issue and I could use up some points.

I've repealed a few if I get bored or trying to change it up. Now that the expansion has been out for awhile though, my own play testing is basically completed so I won't be changing the NAPS up nearly as often, if ever in some neighbourhoods.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »

I like this idea. Once I have all 4 of the ones I want, I'm not repealing anything because I wanted it there. That's why I voted it there in the first place! Dropping off the oldest one would force the issue and I could use up some points.

I've repealed a few if I get bored or trying to change it up. Now that the expansion has been out for awhile though, my own play testing is basically completed so I won't be changing the NAPS up nearly as often, if ever in some neighbourhoods.
    yeah, I feel like they should give us more customization for features like this, so we can play the way we want.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    You don't really need to change it every week if you place all needed elements on the lot. Objects still function as intended. I am thinking of using the different sub-lots for seasonal changes and decorations.
    Great idea about seasonal changes, I may have to do that!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

What a great idea! I might copy this, it will definitely help inject some new life and another reason to use up some influence points.
    Origin ID: Peapod79