Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could we please get wool beanies that cover our poor sims ears?

susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
I dont think any of the Simgurus or CC creators for that matter have resided in a cold country. Literally none of the beanies cover the poor sims ears. They'll get a frostbite! The only hats suitable for going outside in the winter seem to be those with ear flaps, and even though those look cute they don't fit the style of all sims. It looks super odd to have your sim walking out during winter and them not freezing their ears off with those beanies, especially if you have a sim with quite short hair.

I propose that for nifty knitting stuff we NEED to get wool beanies that cover our sims ears.

Just look at this poor girl! Her ears are clearly exposed and she's only lucky it looks like the temperature is above 0 degrees celcius. (Because of the way the snow looks, I dont think there is an english word to describe it)
Screenshot__258_.0.png

Here's a picture of what the beanies SHOULD look like
advent-calendar-ideas.png
Does it look like shes freezing her ears off? No! Because she's wearing her beanie over her ears (and they're inside but ignore that)

So please simgurus (and cc creators). Please give us wool beanies that actually work for their intended purpose. Please do it so your simmers living in colder climates wont have to cringe every time we look at a sim with their beanie sitting on top of their head freezing their ears off

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Haha very true. It doesn't even need to be snowy- when the wind blows i always make sure my beanie is over my ears or get earache.

Besides which, some of the hats that are in game look totally ridiculous because they are way too high on the sims head. I never use those ones.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I think they made them intentionally like this, so they fit with ponytail style hairs. It looks funny when placed on hair that is tied back, and you wouldn't really do that in real life either. I think these beanies are meant to be worn with the hair down, so it covers the ears.
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Haha very true. It doesn't even need to be snowy- when the wind blows i always make sure my beanie is over my ears or get earache.

Besides which, some of the hats that are in game look totally ridiculous because they are way too high on the sims head. I never use those ones.

Yeah, it looks ridiculous doesnt it? Whats the point of the hat if it doesnt shield your ears? Like, yeah its to keep your head warm but if its cold you'll start freezing on your ears way earlier than preserving warmth is a problem.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think they made them intentionally like this, so they fit with ponytail style hairs. It looks funny when placed on hair that is tied back, and you wouldn't really do that in real life either. I think these beanies are meant to be worn with the hair down, so it covers the ears.

That only works on long-haired sims though. On sims with short hair it looks ridiculous, and I think that ought to be a priority before ponytails get priority. Maybe they could add headbands for ponytails as thats what people in cold countries would use to try to be stylish in the cold with a ponytail.
    Like this:
    s-l300.jpg
    When it's cold, and I mean real cold, you need a proper winter hat, that covers the head, ears and everything. Head bands and ear muffs are just fashion accessories. :smile:
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    When it's cold, and I mean real cold, you need a proper winter hat, that covers the head, ears and everything. Head bands and ear muffs are just fashion accessories. :smile:

Yeah, definitely agree with that. Then you need a balaclava as well, though I think thats too niche for the sims 4 haha. I lived on Svalbard, and balaclava was daily wear. If you went skiing though you could actually use a headband to avoid sweat. Sometimes sweating was the most dangerous because the water will cool you down a lot
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    YES.

"Head bands and ear muffs are just fashion accessories." No, because there are different levels of chill. I know short-hair ear chill too well. I might combine earmuffs and hat; it's not for looks as much as for my ear warmth. OR I might want one of those big knit "headbands" in mild coolness, for real. I like long hair (or I need a hat most of the year, indoors too).

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    I agree. That's a pet peeve of mine when dressing my sims for Wintertime. I even voted for that one silly hat with the flaps in hopes of getting this issue resolved a bit (unfortunately, I was in the minority there :/).
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
    PearLady wrote: »
    I agree. That's a pet peeve of mine when dressing my sims for Wintertime. I even voted for that one silly hat with the flaps in hopes of getting this issue resolved a bit (unfortunately, I was in the minority there :/).

That was no silly hat, I voted for it myself as well. :smile:
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Aww so true. I really wish the wool beanies would cover sims' ears too. Seeing my sims' poor ears uncovered like that in a snowstorm makes me cry :'(
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I fully agree! I really want hats that cover ears, especially for adults as kids already got some.