Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for new lot types and a new kind of world

Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hey,EA? Instead of plunking libraries,bars and other base game venues into every new EP/GP you make,how about putting in these lot types:

Laundromat

Amusement Park/County Fair(rides could be decorations)

Video game arcade

Multi-purpose public lot(like in Sims 1)

Rental lots for EVERY world(apartments and motels/hotels). The rental lots should be like houses(and NOT like the useless ones in City Living)

And the best part? You don't have to plunk in a boring bar just to make the venue work!

And here's an idea for a new type of world: How about giving us worlds that are located right in the middle of whatever country Sims 4 is located in? I'm getting sick and tired of seeing coastal towns that are surrounded by water(Even Oasis Springs in on the coast). Give us worlds that have no water at all in them-something like an inner-city world or a world that's nothing but meadows or plains. Sims 4 is only just starting to become a better game,EA-how about giving players what they want?

I think the above suggestions would really improve gameplay for everyone.

Why do you hide inside these walls?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I agree they add in too many bars. For a game rated for teens, this has always stood out as peculiar to me.

I wouldn’t want them adding a world without at least one place to fish though, so there’s gotta be water somewhere at least for me.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I wish lots could have more than one purpose.
    Eg, a cafe and a park. Or a nightclub and a restaurant. Or residential above a bar.

A rural world with a stream running through it would be good, or with a few ponds.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'll gladly take the multi purpose public lot and do away with all other lot types that only limit what can be built and game play that can be done on them. All they have to do is add working cash registers and ticket machine and their useless lot types are no longer needed.

Also if laundromats were made base game would they not make laundry day as useless as the free patched in hot tub made perfect patio...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Syth_TreadwaterSyth_Treadwater Posts: 5 New Member
    I have several ideas I think would enrich the game.

I think there should an expansion world with 5 or 6 really big lots with smaller lot types inside of it. With this there could be multiple households inside that the user can control. The user can set the game to get alerts or updates to the other households he or she wishes to control. This way players with multiple generational families or non nuclear families can still be in the game.

There could also be multi use lots, like a lot that has a business and a residence in the same sublet. One or two layers would be the business or businesses and one or two layers could residential. An example is how there are places that have condos above shopping plazas or how in crowded urban areas sometimes business owners live above their shops.

The get to work expansion needs more job options, similar to how it was in sims 3. Make a career path for astronaut/intergalactic smuggler, actor/athlete/musician/international spy, or legitimate businessman/ organized crime (mafia member) just for example.

optional Cars, and weapons.

A larger path for magic,a magic school for children/teens/young adults.

A story path to becoming a vampire/werewolf/magical character/genie/reaper/time traveler/ world explorer/ other occult or scifi sim.

Underwater cities/towns. Or more alien worlds/expand the alien world to have a society and buildings. There could also be an inner world underground with a civilization unknown to the sims.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Would love to neighbourhoods/ towns that are on mountains, wooded lots, prairies etc like we have IRL
    More places to explore underwater, caves
    Lots that can function on different venues during the year county fairs, art shows etc where our sims can show off their talents