June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!
June 26 - Take a look at the Friday Highlight and discover some awesim discussions! Click me!

We can knit BABY CLOTHES!! Babies can wear! 👶🏼

Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 2,656 Member
We want Sims to be able to knit something for their whole family. Not only will Sims be able to knit Toddler Onesies, but Baby Onesies as well. So put your little grubworm in a handmade knitted outfit. I’m sure they’d thank us if they could! (And if they didn’t like it I’m sure they’d be polite about it.)

64lUgZj.png

Comments

• GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    Awww I am loving the bee outfit. It's so cute.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 2,656 Member
    I have to say I was meh on the idea of updated babies, but I think I just changed my mind.
    I have to say I was meh on the idea of updated babies, but I think I just changed my mind.

The baby clothes have me sold. I wasn't gonna get it, but now I am.
    This is looking to be the best stuff pack we’ve ever gotten! I am totally excited!
    Perhaps this opens the door to a baby update. They seem to do some things in stages. Like the firefighting neighbors in Sulani as an experiment of sorts, which then seemed to lead to actual firefighters in EL. The leaf piles and weather effects in Seasons, then the trash piles and smog etc. The dock ladders in IL then ladders in EL. I know there are other examples but my brain is too excited to think.
    logion wrote: »
    They have not updated babies since release, then in a random stuff pack they update so they can wear new onesies. Seriously, promote SimGuruConor. I want those people to make all packs from now on.

This. He should be in charge of all future stuff packs.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 1,300 Member
    Yay. Now just be able to move the babies from one bassinet to another (or some other baby furniture like a play mat or a bouncy chair) and that will be all the baby updates I need.

(I realize and acknowledge that others still want more than that.)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 301 Member
    They are so cute. I wonder with this if they will bring in a pre-patch to update babies in some way. I don’t mean a complete free babies but maybe an option to change the baby outfit in base game?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,571 Member
    edited June 16
    This stuff pack keeps looking cooler and cooler. I was always excited but this along with the fact that kids can knit has made me extremely happy. I can’t wait for this pack and come out.
    There’s a new aspiration too, I don’t think we generally get aspirations with stuff packs. This seems like the biggest one ever so far.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited June 16
    As long as they do not overhaul the baby lifestage as a whole (making them Sims and not just objects) I don't think this is too exciting. This way they will only be objects with a different skin on top.

They will do the same, they will act the same, they will be the same, which will get old very fast too.
    But who knows, maybe they have been working on babies and will surprise us with a baby overhaul pre SP patch.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    As long as they do not overhaul the baby lifestage as a whole (making them Sims and not just objects) I don't think this is too exciting. This way they will only be objects with a different skin on top.

They will do the same, they will act the same, they will be the same, which will get old very fast too.
    But who knows, maybe they have been working on babies and will surprise us with a baby overhaul pre SP patch.

I speculated that further up the thread:
    Perhaps this opens the door to a baby update. They seem to do some things in stages. Like the firefighting neighbors in Sulani as an experiment of sorts, which then seemed to lead to actual firefighters in EL. The leaf piles and weather effects in Seasons, then the trash piles and smog etc. The dock ladders in IL then ladders in EL. I know there are other examples but my brain is too excited to think.

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 5,771 Member
    Slapping a new knitted jumpsuit on the baby object doesn’t appeal to me.
    Origin ID : ChazzzyGOAT
    Recommended Mods : http://chazzzygoat.tumblr.com
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 49 SimGuru
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Slapping a new knitted jumpsuit on the baby object doesn’t appeal to me.

Okay, well thanks for stopping by. 😒
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 1,300 Member
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.

Even just this is a first step towards being able to change their clothing without it being tied to what bassinet they're in. Which is all I'm expecting from this pack. That first step.
    edited June 16
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Even just this is a first step towards being able to change their clothing without it being tied to what bassinet they're in. Which is all I'm expecting from this pack. That first step.

Exactly. It’s a small bit of gameplay that adds a bit of realism for family players.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 3,844 Member
    I wonder if there will be a black onesie? Asking for a friend from Forgotten Hollow.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 455 Member
    I love this. I love everything about this. This gives me hope for a baby overhaul some time in the future <3
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,368 Member
    When I read that, I was just saying "Awwwwww!". I am so happy the babies are getting some knitting items in this pack! It's made me even more excited for it. I can't wait to see the other swatches! All three of those are really adorable. <3
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,071 Member
    I am glad to see that babies aren't going to neglected in this pack as they previously have been. I am dissapointed that we can only knit one thing for them, but it's better than having them left out since a knitting pack without any outfits for babies would have been a crime. I wish we could knit more for them, like toys and blankets, but without an overhaul it wouldn't make sense. So hopefully they will give babies a complete overhaul sometime in the near future.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,708 EA Moderator
    Hey folks, removed some posts from in here, let's keep things civil please even if you disagree with each other.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 853 Member
    Baby onesies are great news!!

Really, the fact that we'll be able to change their clothing at all is a really nice first step. I'm looking forwards to it!

Maybe there will even be more updates to the babies in the future; the sims team clearly knows we want that by now.
    8VhSrwA.gif
    they/them
    deviantart | simblr
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 15 Member
    I am seriously happy about being able to change babies' clothes. Like even more than I should be probably. This is great start at making babies feel more immersive. Would I love to see more updates in the future? For sure, but I'm okay with this for now.