Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we get an actual farm pack?

Since the Eco Lifestyle Pack came out, I truly hope that they will give us a more regular farming style pack. However, I don’t think they will. The things they include in this pack are more of a trendy version of actual farming, so why double up?

Insects=Cows, pigs, chickens.
Fake meat wall=anything related to the animals above.

What do you think?

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    I hope so. Combined with gardening I will finally be able to do my Little House on The Prairie save. I already have all the Ingalls, Oleson's, Wilder's, and Garveys in my gallery waiting.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    It's all about presentation and cross-pack compatibility.

Now that we have off-the-grid gameplay fleshed out, anything in a farm pack would be additional to that.

Windmills? Just old-timey turbines. Just like how Eco Lifestyle added new bicycles without detracting from Discover University, this would provide an alternative without detracting from Eco Lifestyle.
    Chickens? Allows you to collect eggs for new (and old) recipes, and Easter Eggs if you have Seasons. They don't really do anything EL does.
    Tractors? A new way to get around the large world using bicycles, They could add some Industrial to your eco footprint, but it's unnecessary in a standalone pack.
    Horses would be the same, except they could add to the Green-ness. Again, the novelty of a new Create-a-Pet option would mean that any Eco Footprint changes would be neither here nor there.
    Sheep? Alpacas? A new, superior type of wool that improves the quality of your Nifty Knitting content.

Rustic CAS, rustic build/buy, which would be wholly new and unrelated to the "upcycled" style of Eco Lifestyle.

There's nothing particularly "eco" about modern farming, and I don't know why anybody would think it would step on Eco Lifestyle's toes.
    wJbomAo.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I definitely think it will come eventually, then again I think we have many, many years left of production for Sims 4.

I think having the big eco pack out of the way will make it possible to focus on more traditional farming, animals and more familiar typical crafting will also be possible... they can finish off many things we are missing that you can craft with farm produce. I still want corn and wheat and pumpkin pie. Jelly or Jam making, maybe making things from milk products ect. Some basic farm animals. I don't care if they are tied to pens or certain areas. I want my sim to be able to work with them and get produce.

I know for gameplay I've been waiting on it to fill out my Stardew Valley world and continue on with those stories. Then I have other ideas for stories that farming elements would be a major part of. I hope we get that more rural world too.

egTcBMc.png
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah I think it will come since it's sooooo often requested and also there are few Easter eggs hinting to one. Some are even 1-2 years old.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I think it might be better as a game pack over a full expansion pack at this point, as game packs are usually more focused and detailed, but I like everyone's ideas. It would also be a good pack to include one of the missing supernaturals (Werewolves or fairies) if it does become a full expansions.

We'll just have to wait until June 18(?) for the EA presentation
  • kazthe92kazthe92 Posts: 17 Member
    [quote="Felicity1169;c-17543799"]I think it might be better as a game pack over a full expansion pack at this point, as game packs are usually more focused and detailed, but I like everyone's ideas. It would also be a good pack to include one of the missing supernaturals (Werewolves or fairies) if it does become a full expansions.

We'll just have to wait until June 18(?) for the EA presentation [/quote]

They won't be announcing any new The Sims 4 content or related, just other EA games (posted on Twitter)
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited June 2020
    kazthe92 wrote: »
    I think it might be better as a game pack over a full expansion pack at this point, as game packs are usually more focused and detailed, but I like everyone's ideas. It would also be a good pack to include one of the missing supernaturals (Werewolves or fairies) if it does become a full expansions.

We'll just have to wait until June 18(?) for the EA presentation

They won't be announcing any new The Sims 4 content or related, just other EA games (posted on Twitter)

Oops I don’t really go on Twitter that much so I missed them saying that, it’s a bit strange though I thought they usually include the Sims each year during E3 which is what this is replacing, also SimGuruLyndsay is attending which makes it weirder... oh well maybe they’ll make a separate event in the near future
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    I really do hope that they do a farming pack but have to see I guess
  • LectersLecters Posts: 19 Member
    I think I'd buy a farming pack. Then again I guess it wouldn't have to be entirely dedicated to farming. It could have just been additional animals added to the Pets pack. 🤔
    Check out my gallery! https://vipercide.com/gallery

xTO39gj.png
  • DDanteeDDantee Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love a farm pack, then I can finally make a pioneer theme which I've been dying to do for sooo long.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't see why people are so hyped for farming, this is the sims not farmville. We all know it'll be half baked and will be disappointing, they're not gonna make tons of different animations for tons of new lifeforms and making interesting farming related challenges so we'll end up with chickens that are just objects. Woopee! Maybe if we're lucky we'll get the beekeeping thing recycled yet again!
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited June 2020
    They can put cows in a scaled up bee box since they love recycling so much.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't see why people are so hyped for farming, this is the sims not farmville. We all know it'll be half baked and will be disappointing, they're not gonna make tons of different animations for tons of new lifeforms and making interesting farming related challenges so we'll end up with chickens that are just objects. Woopee! Maybe if we're lucky we'll get the beekeeping thing recycled yet again!

Probably because farming is a way of life for some people, and this is a life simulator. I do agree that it would probably be half-baked tho. It's hard having expectations for this iteration because there's so much they could do, but so much they've done have suggested whatever they do in the future won't be as good as it could have been.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    edited June 2020
    Something tells me we might. There has been references to horses in the code since the patch preceding Cats and Dogs (in that case, I presume they were cut); but interestingly enough, in September, the code was expanded. Thus, to even bother with doing it, they had to have a reason. And getting horses, either with or without a farm pack, this year has to be just that.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965944/holy-horses-batman-theres-more-in-the-code/p1
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I don't know if a farming pack would be any good at this point. We already got a lot of farming related stuff in both Seasons and Eco Lifestyle. The only other things I can think of are farm animals, tractors and growing wheat or grain. If they did do a farming pack, I would hope it would just be a game pack and not an expansion pack, since I don't think there's enough content to fill a whole expansion pack.
    I'm also sick of "Green" gameplay and want more gameplay that changes the actual Sims personalities to make them more interesting. Something like a romance or generations pack would be cool.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I don't know if a farming pack would be any good at this point. We already got a lot of farming related stuff in both Seasons and Eco Lifestyle. The only other things I can think of are farm animals, tractors and growing wheat or grain. If they did do a farming pack, I would hope it would just be a game pack and not an expansion pack, since I don't think there's enough content to fill a whole expansion pack.
    I'm also sick of "Green" gameplay and want more gameplay that changes the actual Sims personalities to make them more interesting. Something like a romance or generations pack would be cool.

I think the game has enough content to support farming. I also think it could be a GP rather than an EP, and if you have packs like C&D, Seasons, Laundry Day, and maybe EL then it'll feel fuller. The off the grid lot trait would help as well.

I'd love something to do with Sim personalities too!

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think now is time for different stuff. We already have a lot of harveastables. I can't see much added in a farm expansion besides farm animals. But i would only be excited about it if animals were free, not tied to rabbit holes. And i doubt that would happen...
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Yeah I'm honestly pushing for a Generations type EP before a farm one. please EA we NEED a Generations EP for this game!!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do want a farm and country theme. We've gotten bits and pieces but there's definitely something missing to tie it all together. I'd like this to combine "Americana" and farming from other parts of the world. I just think it is a missing lifestyle and I guess that I play households with many different lifestyles.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.