Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relativity really adds a lot of immersion to the game

By slowing things down a little and decreasing motive deltas the game becomes so much more immersive.

My sims take their time eating and chat to eachother while doing so, there's a little room left for pudding after where they chat and eat pudding too

They take time having fun by doing various things, playing pool, dancing, darts, bowling, watch tv their fun status isn't immediately filled by doing one activity for 5 seconds.

Honestly after SP i think relativity is the best mod available for S3.
ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Pudding? Is that a custom recipe? XD what do you set your settings to?
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Pudding? Is that a custom recipe? XD what do you set your settings to?

like pies or cookies or ice cream etc

I think my speed is 19, I used to have 16 but it was a little too slow.

I think fun & social is something like 0.3/0.4 and hunger 0.4/0.5

They'll spend a good half hour eating and chatting to each other

And takes a good hour sometimes more to fill fun meter so they go out and really enjoy themselves
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have mine at 8 (22%). :mrgreen: I don't like rushing things. :D

And frankly I have time to second guess myself and my sims have time to have a nice leisurely conversation without going "OH...crikey, I said, hello, how are you...at noon and the sun's going down already when she says, yeah, I'm fine..."
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm a big fan of relativity. It was actually the very first mod I put in my game back in 2014. I had got to the point I was ready to quit playing the sims hating how there was no time for sims to really enjoy their day and the game was most assuredly not my game at that time. I gradually started adding other mods. Many mods later it is my game for sure. That is the one mod that would stay in my game if I had to choose just one. I usually have mine at 19-21. I adjust the other settings to accommodate my long life spans as I don't want them to learn things in a few gameplay sessions.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I have never used the mod.

The original time setting of the game works just fine for the way I play. There's enough time in each day for my Sims are able to accomplish all of the things they need to do. Plus, spend time with family, build (and maintain) outside relationships, have time for self, excel at work and, handle the 'outside' jobs I have them do such as creating and taking food to 'designated drop-off' points so my townies don't starve; among other things.

This may also be because I plan their days by focusing on maybe accomplishing a few goals each day (except free day, that's when I let them run 100% autonomously). I also do a lot of 'set-up' work such as preparing the meals for the week in advance on the weekends, as-well-as having certain chores scheduled for certain days (or certain 'off' days for my employed Sims).
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    How do you slow time down?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    How do you slow time down?

NRAAS Relativility mod :)
    mw1525 wrote: »
    I have never used the mod.

The original time setting of the game works just fine for the way I play. There's enough time in each day for my Sims are able to accomplish all of the things they need to do. Plus, spend time with family, build (and maintain) outside relationships, have time for self, excel at work and, handle the 'outside' jobs I have them do such as creating and taking food to 'designated drop-off' points so my townies don't starve; among other things.

This may also be because I plan their days by focusing on maybe accomplishing a few goals each day (except free day, that's when I let them run 100% autonomously). I also do a lot of 'set-up' work such as preparing the meals for the week in advance on the weekends, as-well-as having certain chores scheduled for certain days (or certain 'off' days for my employed Sims).

It's not so much the slowing down of time I love it so much, it's decreasing the motive deltas. So your sims actually get to enjoy the activities they're doing, get to savour their meals and chat at the same time while eating, get to enjoy that tv show, get to enjoy playing pool with their friend.

In default EA settings sim's fun and hunger bar just immediately fills up in 1 second by doing literally anything.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    I would have to agree.....

it and Master Controller. :mrgreen:

@bekkasan I knew you'd get on here and express your love of it! ;):kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited June 2020
    @McTosh - I don't know if I will be able to accurately explain this. But, what you describe as happening with the relativity mod is exactly what my Sims do in their normal life.

Using dinnertime as an example, it's like watching two different systems in play. The first one is the games measurement of things, such as the hunger bar filling up when eating a meal signifying satisfaction. While the second is what the Sims choose to do until they are actually satisfied or content. On occasion, my Sims help themselves to seconds if they are still hungry regardless of what their hunger meter says and they do not get the 'stuffed moodlet' either.

Mealtime is a social event for my families, it is a time to catch up or just talk about what is on their minds. All my families take their meals together (unless someone is at work or otherwise detained). Even when one (or more) finishes eating before the other(s), they continue to sit at the table and chat, they don't get up right away and move on to another task until they are ready to end the conversation. On occasion, one will get up clear their place and return to the table for conversation (sometimes they sit back down and other times they stand). Here's an example:

Family Gathering
    Peter (white hair), Barbara (red bob), Jamie (blonde hair) and Thornton (in suit) are in town for Gwen's and Ricky's wedding (head & foot of the table). I had them group up for a full day of activities and disbanded them after they sat down to dinner. There was plenty of conversation during dinner among all.
    4jvazspvi0zim9a6g.jpg

After dinner Jamie & Thornton went to bed (they were tired), a while later Ricky went to use the bathroom (and then went to bed). Barbara finished her food but continued the conversation using 'idle chat' while standing by her seat. Once Barbara was tired of conversing, she left. Peter and Gwen stayed continuing on with their conversation. The wall they face is blank (some of it is visible in shot 1), there is nothing on that wall which would hold Barbara's or Peter's attention; they were all talking.
    q2srn0fwyexu0736g.jpg

This happens all across the board no matter what they are doing, they fully and thoroughly enjoy themselves to a level which is sufficient for them with no real respect for the predetermined game levels.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    It's a mod I won't play without! My sims don't live very long but get everything they need to do done in their lifetimes, plus more!
    The kids have a lot of time for hygiene, eating, socializing and fun before the school bus comes without waking up before the sun comes up. I set mine at 25 (which is about 68%) and have found that suits my play style perfectly :)
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Haven't heard of this mod, I might have to check it out. I've been taking a different approach, if my sims didn't have enough time to get something done, I'll feed them life fruit or something to add another day to their life.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Love Relativity; probably my fave NRaas mod after MC. My general preference is 23, although I adjust the settings for some things as low as 17. There’s more time for fun stuff and the other things I want to do storywise without sacrificing needs, especially with my overstuffed families.

It also helps when sending a full household of Sims to Uni with a full schedule at once, allowing more time to raise needs between M-W-F classes, leading to more time for parties and social activities afterwards. And when I want to get particular outdoor screenshots during a certain time of day, temporarily setting Relativity to a crawl enables me to get the shots I want.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    It's a mod I won't play without! My sims don't live very long but get everything they need to do done in their lifetimes, plus more!
    The kids have a lot of time for hygiene, eating, socializing and fun before the school bus comes without waking up before the sun comes up. I set mine at 25 (which is about 68%) and have found that suits my play style perfectly :)

Same! my playstyle too. I don't like to rush and I like watching my sims enjoy and savour every action :)
    starguru wrote: »
    Love Relativity; probably my fave NRaas mod after MC. My general preference is 23, although I adjust the settings for some things as low as 17. There’s more time for fun stuff and the other things I want to do storywise without sacrificing needs, especially with my overstuffed families.

It also helps when sending a full household of Sims to Uni with a full schedule at once, allowing more time to raise needs between M-W-F classes, leading to more time for parties and social activities afterwards. And when I want to get particular outdoor screenshots during a certain time of day, temporarily setting Relativity to a crawl enables me to get the shots I want.

Yeah I used to do 16 but I like to play legacy now so it was a little too slow. I've found 19 with a custom long lifestyle perfect for me now. I get to enjoy every generation and my sims get to enjoy everyday :)
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    At this point I can't imagine my game without Relativity. I like to play at a very leisurely pace and being able to slow the game down makes me feel less like I'm trying to cram a bunch of activities into just a few minutes. I usually set it to 19, but I've been playing in Mermaidia a lot, and since it's a roadless world it takes sims a while to get places, so I have it set on 15-16 for that world. It's really nice to have that option.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I love the Relativity mod, but so far I have only slowed down the speed of the day so my sims can spend more time on the fun things they are doing. For example, sometimes I borrow a horse from a neighbour and it's something I like to spend time on. And it's also more fun now to go to nightclubs and things like that. No stress. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif