Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Dumpster Diving

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
edited February 2023 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
So my sim acquired many objects from dumpster diving, including a $10,000 television that he was able to sell including an expensive toilet and shower. Why are some furniture items worth zero dollars? I took a couch, chair, ottoman, and side table that my sims found in the dumpster out of the inventory. I thought there would be an option to clean it, but no, just an option to replace it for the same amount it would be if you bought it straight out of the buy/build catalog. What is the point diving for free stuff if you can't clean it and keep it for free or even sell it for money?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited June 2020
    There actually are at least two ways to clean it - the smog vacuum from one branch of the civil designer career will do it, and the Scrubaroo spell from RoM will do it. My sim has furnished his own place and opened a store to sell Scrubarood dumpster furniture.

Can't seem to sell appliances for some reason.

Edited to add: I think they missed an opportunity to use handiness to refurb this stuff since that doesn't seem to be an option.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    There actually are at least two ways to clean it - the smog vacuum from one branch of the civil designer career will do it, and the Scrubaroo spell from RoM will do it. My sim has furnished his own place and opened a store to sell Scrubarood dumpster furniture.

Can't seem to sell appliances for some reason.

so if my sim is not a civil designer or a spellcaster, I'm just out of luck? Yea I have no issues selling appliances.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    I can sell them to the catalog, just not retail. They won't set for sale. This could be due to any number of factors though.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    A simmer on the forums found a way to get one - sorry I dont remember who it was. Place a sales table on your lot. Buy an exo-matic from the debug menu and place it on the sales table. Then go back to live mode and have your sim 'clear table'. It will go into your inventory and you will be able to use it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top