Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To much cash added - pension earned while not playing the house?

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This must have changed recently, probably with the new bills system?

I'm playing rotationally, and in the past a house would have the same cash balance when I enter the house, as when I left it 2 sim years earlier. My rotation takes 56+56 simdays (2 calendar years).

Recently, I noticed that houses have gained cash §10.000 - §30.000 since I last played them. Now, if my goal was to build as much cash as possible, that would be fine, but I also play poor houses, and starter homes. I don't want their cash to change while I'm not playing the house!

I suspect this is caused by retired sims suddenly receiving their pension check even when other houses are played. Staying away from a house for 2 sim years means 112*(5/7) = 80 pay checks while not being played! Bills are not running, as far as I know, so this has to be adjusted.

Also, I would appreciate very much if we could be informed on changes like these? If the total money system is changed "in the background" it affects our games, and we could then plan accordingly. Not being notified, means lots of stress and adjusting without really knowing what is going on.

Can some guru confirm whether retired sims actually are paid when not played? Is it a glitch or was it intended - for what reason? Regular workers don't seem to get paid and I really hope bills are not charged when houses are not played?

PS: Could you please add info on the retirement check in the sim's career tab? We had this info in TS3, would be good when planning a household's economy.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I agree. Players should be told beforehand any update that is adding story progression features so they can choose whether they want a patch or not. The one thing that bothers me deeply about TS4 is if I decide to load my game and play there are so many changes to systems and things put in or taken out I would be very unhappy with some of those changes. Especially when not told. I'm not a fan of this type of story progression. In TS4 it's hard enough to deal with time continuim when I am a rotational player who doesn't want my played Sims touched in any way, financially or physically or emotionally or whatever. If this is a bug it's not cool. If it's by design it's not cool. TS4 is supposed to support rotational play what part of story progression and time continuim does that include? Naming babies when not at the household is bad enough. I have elderly in saves and I wouldn't want to return to my saves to only find out they have been earning money while I wasn't playing them. That is not letting players tell their own stories but the game playing the game for them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I know if another Sim you’re not controlling wins the lottery, their household does gain that $1 million. It throws me off sometimes.