Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New careers

If we could have more careers which would be a game changer

New careers 98 votes

Farmer ( in depth knowledge of crops)
22%
LaBlue0314alexspoom13mcruddIsb917sauceliciousSimburianjcs7219Anmirlaluthienrisingsmurf45blueadduapinaCharleyNoel9joleacoGitaMDianaSimsRedShoe7Hearts4uTomatplanteKimmerFunnyCides 22 votes
Professor (all types of academic levels)
1%
GlitteringSkittles 1 vote
Museum curator (control collections and museum theme)
8%
SirenLuminoshalloweenchildStarfreemusteniUncagedSongbirdSimAlexandria_000keySimmer_Jessi 8 votes
Park ranger ( be in charge of national wildlife reserves)
3%
ParmaViolet87RouensimsEliasVersace 3 votes
Librarian (more book options and owning libraries, book collections)
9%
CharlieOllie1108StrangerthanMoon_WillowRamblineRoseannaliese39garapoesbirdonawiresmurfy77CheetahAlyssa 9 votes
Military (all branches and ranks, actual military bases)
4%
Mariefoxprice83EnkiSchmidtSAEldarinwildrose011 4 votes
Hotel owner (be in charge of all management)
30%
BluegayleGoldmoldarlove7680AlrynnfreindlyloljimbbqdetermigJerrellodavina1221CeiCeiHtaydevbixtersSavvySimmieOnversertexxx78lola777Evilyn_1007Atreya33TodilooLaira 30 votes
Fitness or professional dance instructor and coach
7%
TeeSeaLissyK9popstarsleyKattieBombQueenSaraphinekazthe92BethSims4 7 votes
News anchor ( the sims would now have live news which changes as people change shifts and is never a repeated gameplay, ranks can be used by giving people a better position like from news writer to news anchor )
14%
Akl500PNighteyesrudolphaCamkatSnuffyBucketKhrisstyneBabykittyjadeRavager619Felicity1169StutumJa_rdeRamiSamiiDuvelinaMs_brigittee 14 votes

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    News anchor ( the sims would now have live news which changes as people change shifts and is never a repeated gameplay, ranks can be used by giving people a better position like from news writer to news anchor )
    News anchor could be so much fun if there were actually wonky and quirky stories you could choose to put in a show.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    News anchor could be so much fun if there were actually wonky and quirky stories you could choose to put in a show.

Yes I agree, I imagine new news everyday that never gets old or repeated this would make the world seem more real.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm building a museum in my game to store collections of my sims and I'm thinking maybe this career could somehow add to it.

We already have military career (Strangerville) maybe you mean a different kind, but I'm happy with the one we got. Also fitness career (basegame) has a step were you're a dance team captain and when it branches there's a bodybuilder career. The education career (Discover University) has a professor branch.
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I loved owning resorts in TS3 Island Paradise. Would love to have something similar to it back.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    News anchor sounds fun.
  • saucelicioussaucelicious Posts: 18 Member
    Farmer, having worked as one in rl i would like to see this in Sims 4.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I'd like many of them in a descending order of preference. What about a 1,2,3 order?
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    I'd love to see farmer added in. I grew up on a farm so it holds a special place. Although, I'd also love to see the rest of them too!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I wish the architect career was playable like in SIms 3, I loved giving other people's houses a makeover and have it be part of my gameplay.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Hotel owner seems interests me most, but I would like hotels to be a business we can run like restaurants
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I want any of the above but I would really love careers like the ones in get to work where you go and do stuff to gain promotions rather than rabbitholes.
    :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Museum, but I'd love any of these to be honest if they were active ones
  • GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    Professor (all types of academic levels)
    Professor and News Caster. :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would love a park ranger career.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Park ranger or zoologist would be cool :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • KattieBombKattieBomb Posts: 2 New Member
    Fitness or professional dance instructor and coach
    Dance coach sounds great! I would love the extra storylines I could create with that!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Grim reaper
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Though I really like the park ranger and professor idea too
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Librarian (more book options and owning libraries, book collections)
    I would love a librarian career! Museum curator, hotel owner, and dance instructor would be great too.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I wish the architect career was playable like in SIms 3, I loved giving other people's houses a makeover and have it be part of my gameplay.

I was thinking of putting the architect career as one of the options as I' am an architect myself in real life. I had no idea that there was an architect career in the sims 3, I will definitely be putting it in my next poll.

Thank you for the insight
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Personally I want all the above careers.
    Plus a full new hotel resort.
    Air force career with actual airplanes that my Military sims can fly.
    A farmer on an actual farm with farm animals, trackers, old western farm outfits, wheat field crop, corn field crop, stables & horses.
    An Archaelogist career with the Museum Curator career.
    A Wildlife Animal Trainer career with Lions, Tigers & Bears, oh my.
    A Librarian career that tracks down Magical Artifacts.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Farmers would have been my number one, but I would love hotels and resorts owner.

I also want:

1. Housebuilder
    2. Home interior designer
    3. Wedding planner
    4. Funeral home director/crypt keeper
    5. Real babysitter and nanny
    6. Teachers
    7. And love your idea of museum director
  • NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    All of these ideas are interesting. I especially like the Librarian and News Anchor career ideas, because they seem completely original to me.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I think a hotel owner would be a good idea, although I am very content with the job variety in the game. I just wish we had even more active careers.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Any as long as it's active lol.