Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
edited January 2021 in Off Topic Chat
sorry for deleting this thread, admins didn't allow me to remove it from my profile so i just abandoned it. i had other plans with my account & it's why i deleted the original post & my other replies, i'm not getting them back cuz this poll is from last year so it won't be very helpful.
but thank you all for voting.
Post edited by bella_goth on

Deleted 52 votes

yes
82%
icmnfrshIsb917dreamerz13MsShaShabixtersTrashmagicNetzspannunglaazygnomeCAPTAIN_NXR7mintycupcakeadduapinaKelvinScobreSnaveXsMMXPamtastic72Broncos4lifexLunaSimsxhappyopiKendrana 43 votes
no
7%
simspeaker4BabykittyjadeDeKayLilfireworkSims 4 votes
other
9%
LibertyTheFreeSimAlexandriaGooseySquirrelTail15Cavapoo_King 5 votes

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    no
    I wish we could take back poll votes. I should have chose yes😑
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    yes
    Absolutely!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    yes
    Why would you say no?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    other
    I wouldn't use it, dark modes give me a headache, but I wouldn't have to use it, so other, Idon't personally care either way.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    yes
    Deleted
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    other
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    I wish we could take back poll votes. I should have chose yes😑

actually that's another feature we should have, it would be cool to at least have ten minutes after voting to rectify if needed
    MMX wrote: »
    Why would you say no?

i think the only options i should've put are "yes" and "other", i don't see how would it annoy someone to have dark mode as an option, as long as the current options are available too

Even more than 10 minutes haha! Sometimes my mind changes weeks later with the release of new info or something but can't revote.
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    yes
    yes ! it just makes sense & it's much easier on the eyes
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    yes
    I only really browse this website at night and rarely in the morning. My eyes would be endlessly thankful if they implement a dark mode.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,584 Member
    no
    Me being selfish and voting No just of my hatred for dark mode. XD Tho, in all honesty, I'm fine if they give us options. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    yes
    Yes. I'm usually on late at night and the white and green are so blinding in the dark (and lignt). I keep my screen brightness pretty low but it would be nice to just have a dark mode.
  • BrianGBrianG Posts: 25 Member
    yes
    I believe so, yes. I feel this way because a lot of the time, when I am using the forum, I am browsing through it at night when the light in my office is dim or switched off entirely, or when I'm lying in bed, and the bright light from my phone more than likely bothers my wife. Essentially, it would simply be best and far easier for our eyes if there was at least a choice to switch onto a dark mode.
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    yes
    BrianG wrote: »
    I believe so, yes. I feel this way because a lot of the time, when I am using the forum, I am browsing through it at night when the light in my office is dim or switched off entirely, or when I'm lying in bed, and the bright light from my phone more than likely bothers my wife. Essentially, it would simply be best and far easier for our eyes if there was at least a choice to switch onto a dark mode.

Yes, sir. :D
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    edited June 2020
    yes
    That would be great, in my opinion. The two options currently available on the site are a bit bright for me.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    yes
    That would be great. I use it everywhere else. When I have a migraine, even max blue light filter and min screen brightness isn't enough on this forum.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    yes
    Without a doubt. Dark mode is so much better for your eyes, especially in the evening.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    yes
    Yes, sometimes when I open it in the morning it’s like getting punched in the face.
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    yes
    Yes that would be nice when on pc.
    However on my phone I can easily change it into a dark mode from setting types at top of my phone I can slip down to view. Most phones have this dark mode ability by now I would think.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    other
    I dont mind
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2020
    yes
    Ab545zqh.png
    Absolutely. I already use Dark Reader for the entire internet but it's high time it was a real option of the forums.

(Screenshot is to show how it looks from my end, not anything in particular)
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    yes
    Definitely. The site is so bright that it blinds my eyes when I try to use it late at night.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited June 2020
    yes
    I’d welcome Dark Mode. The state of the world AS IS already affects my sensitive eyes...
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    yes
    I'm so happy I can browse the forum on dark mode on mobile, but I'd wish the option would be available in browser also. Actually just passed time today looking through my old posts and found one on this same subject, dated July 2019 lol.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    yes
    I'm gonna double post now - sorry:

Just went back to see the thread I mentioned in my previous post ^ and there's a post by @EA_Mai (retired from the forum duty if I understood correctly atm) that states:

"Hi everyone,

While I'm aware it's not the same, neither works for all devices, I love to see you have been sharing tips & tricks on how to simulate a dark mode experience on the forums.

There's currently no plans for implementing this on the forums, and I don't think this will change in the near future. However, I want to thank you all for voicing your thoughts around this topic: while I don't bring the news you would like to hear, I really appreciate your feedback and will keep this in mind in case something changes in the future.

Thank you!"

reference topic on page 2 and second post on page is the one quoted above: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/963232/dark-mode/p2

But one can always wish.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    yes
    Deleted
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    yes
    Personally, I’m not a frequent user of dark mode, but I don’t see why not. At least that way, those who want to would be able to, while those who don’t want to won’t have to. Win-win! ✌️