Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disgusting Concepts

Comments

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I love the meat wall for my serial killer sims. I can't imagine using a meat wall for any of the other sims. It's perfect for that kind of gameplay.

Dumpster woohoo is amusing to me. You see my sim was on a date. She had woohooed the guy she was NOT on a date in the shower I put in the bar in Evergreen Harbour then woohooed her date in the dumpster. I was so entertained and amused by it all.

Seeing Lily Feng, Nancy Landgraab, Malcolm Landgraab and Judith Ward dumpster dive is hysterical I think.

My issues with the game are N.A.P. isn't limited to the community you are in without mods. I hate eco speak with everyone. I don't mind when it's in Evergreen Harbour or Sulani but when my sim is obsessed with it, it annoys me and makes me want to delete them and start all over again. There is a time and place for everything. I dislike like that the effects don't crossover to all the worlds. It should have.

I like that EA is being socially responsible. For the most part, I like this pack. I know I'm not in the majority.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    The tone of this discussion is getting a little mean and petty, it'll get shut down on you.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I enjoyed reading everyone's reply. That's exactly the problem this game had. So many people beg for realistic gameplay but the utopia lifestyle is far from reality for many people. In my country there is a slums where people literally live in trash. And maybe that's why I'm so inclined to unconciously replicate more unfortunate lifestyles.

And as a child even in America I remember my mom going through trash and bringing things home that looked almost new. In a short while we had so many nice second hand things!

I never thought it was degrading or sad, it was just a way of life.

That's why even though Sulani is one of my favorite worlds I never have sims live there long term. I feel like they are on a perminate luxury vacation and i can't relate lol 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Lol do you really think Sims are real people and say dumpsters and meat walls are degrading to use? Do you also think Santa Claus is real 'cause I have bad news.

Actually, the person Santa Claus is based on was and is a real human being. St. Nicholas of Lysia. I'll leave you to look him up.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    As long as I’ve been living, and in the numerous places I have lived, I have never seen anyone with my own two eyes rummaging through a trash can looking for anything. I literally only see that on tv. Well, tv and now The Sims lol.

Oh, I've seen it. Heck I've done it. Especially when that EXTREME coupon show increased people wanting to go dumpster diving along with people on youtube showing the deals you can get going behind certain stores that just throw out stuff that's still good like (makeup, clothes electronics etc).

It was like some years ago there's a place nearby people can throw their newspapers into a dumpster to recycle. Mom was way too short to be climbing into it so I had to when I couldn't reach into the small door if it wasn't filled to the brim. After like two times doing it I had to tell her no to it because one I'm doing the majority of the work, (clipping hundreds of coupons is a dang nightmare at home after sorting them), two I'm sitting in a dumpster on piles of newspapers wondering what I'm doing with my life. :#

So glad I can relive my experiences through the sims. :tired_face:

I always recycled what we didn't use so it basically went back to the same place.

Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    Meat walls...who wants that in their house? Are the Sims turning into 'Silent Hill'? WooHoo in a dumpster...there's nothing quite like saying 'I Love You' unless you've woohooed in a dumpster. Dumpster diving is equally uncool...that's what rats do! Literally!
    I'm so disappointed in this expansion...total let-down from start to finish. Bug growing and harvesting for fuel and food? Really??
    It's disgusting!...and I'm a poor working class guy! But this is grim and certainly not fun!

Yes, really. And I love all of it. Disgusting can also be fun. B)

Honestly, I never thought the dull atmosphere of sunshine & rainbows was all that fun. This expansion adds just the kind of gameplay I needed to liven up some of my neighborhoods.
  • Options
    I just want to say that in some countries, insects are a delicacy. Simmers that live in those countries deserve to have things familiar to them in their games just like you deserve your sunshine and rainbows. And sadly for some people, rummaging through the trash IS how they get their next meal. Just because you are fortunate enough for that to not be your reality doesn’t mean that it’s not a reality for others.

Sorry (not really) to burst anyone’s perfect little utopian bubble but soup kitchens, homeless shelters, etc are not the norm everywhere and are more often than not nonexistent. You never know someone’s backstory, or their parents or grandparents so saying this is or that is disgusting and no decent person would ever do this could be offensive and hurtful to some of your fellow simmers. Your “perfect” little corner is not the only corner of the world. Yes, this expansion pack costs $40 but it costs $0 to be kind and considerate.

My coworker (and fellow simmer) is from a country where they don’t have soup kitchens or homeless shelters. Before her family was able to seek asylum in the US, they slept on the streets and unfortunately some of their meals came from trash cans behind restaurants. Thankfully she doesn’t use the forums because I’m sure some of these comments would break her heart.

Yes, the game on your computer is your game to play however you want but this franchise was not designed solely for you or solely to represent one culture or country or lifestyle. Representation matters for every single person that pays for this game. I think we need a mind your manners and stop thinking you’re the only person in the universe or the only person allowed to be represented in a game stuff pack next. The tantrums that this community throws over diversity in content and gameplay is utterly exhausting.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
  • Options
    drakharis wrote: »
    I love the meat wall for my serial killer sims. I can't imagine using a meat wall for any of the other sims. It's perfect for that kind of gameplay.

Dumpster woohoo is amusing to me. You see my sim was on a date. She had woohooed the guy she was NOT on a date in the shower I put in the bar in Evergreen Harbour then woohooed her date in the dumpster. I was so entertained and amused by it all.

Seeing Lily Feng, Nancy Landgraab, Malcolm Landgraab and Judith Ward dumpster dive is hysterical I think.

My issues with the game are N.A.P. isn't limited to the community you are in without mods. I hate eco speak with everyone. I don't mind when it's in Evergreen Harbour or Sulani but when my sim is obsessed with it, it annoys me and makes me want to delete them and start all over again. There is a time and place for everything. I dislike like that the effects don't crossover to all the worlds. It should have.

I like that EA is being socially responsible. For the most part, I like this pack. I know I'm not in the majority.

Yes... That's how I use the meat wall, too. I have a serial killer sim that needed this item, lol.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    As long as I’ve been living, and in the numerous places I have lived, I have never seen anyone with my own two eyes rummaging through a trash can looking for anything. I literally only see that on tv. Well, tv and now The Sims lol.

You obviously don't live in my town. We have asylum seekers rummaging for personal info amongst other things.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I'm glad dumpster diving is back. It was so much fun in Sims 3!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm utterly disgusted with all the dumpster interactions. I've used MCCC to make it so none of it happens autonomously in my game. I don't want to see my sims rummaging through trash. It's gross and not at all realistic to real life.

You must live in a very gentrified area. I see people rummaging through trash cans pretty much every time I leave the house.

I grew up in Los Angeles and have seen people rummage through the trash a lot. Especially on trash pick up day. A lot of them were grabbing cans and glass bottles for recycling and no telling what else. Then here in AZ on bulk trash pick up people rummage through your junk. It's fine as long as they don't make a mess....but some do..
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I think the meat wall is hilarious as well as disgusting and I'm happy they added such a weird item even if I may never use it myself. I also hate bugs so I used the bug farms exactly long enough to complete the aspiration level and then got rid of them. Thing is, those items are a tiny percent of what this expansion offers. If you have Outdoor Retreat your sims can already roast and eat beetles which is a lot grosser than cricket flour to my mind.

As far as realism goes, my sim pulled a $15K bed out of a dumpster. It's still Sims realism. :p
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Your loss - I'm having a blast with Eco Living! No meat walls, dumpster diving, or dumpster woohoo required. I did let one of my kids dumpster dive into his family's dumpster (they're rich, not poor - all my sim families are getting them) and he wasn't very happy about the situation. But it does reset the dumpster when the elusive garbage man never shows up, so there is that. Most of my families are happy, perfect families with many generations - and with Eco Living, I go green! But I can see use for some of the other things, should I want to play that way.

Oh, the things I used to get up to in Sims 1 and 2...muahaha! >:)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    I’ve been having a lot of fun building container homes with the new stuff from EL. I uploaded a few to the gallery too.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I think the meat wall is hilarious as well as disgusting and I'm happy they added such a weird item even if I may never use it myself. I also hate bugs so I used the bug farms exactly long enough to complete the aspiration level and then got rid of them. Thing is, those items are a tiny percent of what this expansion offers. If you have Outdoor Retreat your sims can already roast and eat beetles which is a lot grosser than cricket flour to my mind.

As far as realism goes, my sim pulled a $15K bed out of a dumpster. It's still Sims realism. :pensive:

All that you said! lol

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm utterly disgusted with all the dumpster interactions. I've used MCCC to make it so none of it happens autonomously in my game. I don't want to see my sims rummaging through trash. It's gross and not at all realistic to real life.

You must live in a very gentrified area. I see people rummaging through trash cans pretty much every time I leave the house.

Yeah I live in a small village where people have better hygiene standards. :D

There is a whole world beyond the borders of Pleasantville. Places where people are resourceful and creative and find useful things in unlikely places. And they also take showers. :)

We'll have to agree to disagree. Personally I think it's disgusting taking trash from a garbage bin and reusing it and it has nothing to do with the kind of environment I live in. I was just brought up to have cleaner standards in life. Each to their own I guess. :#
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2020
    We are already seeing bug snacks to buy on Amazon uk, one is called "mixed critters" with mealworms etc. :o

As far as dumpster diving goes I live in the UK in an inner city area and a while ago found men, one inside in our large street waste bins rummaging around. I don't think they were looking for food but some way to get money out of thrown out rubbish but food rummaging does happen outside restaurants at night.

Sleeping in bins does happen and binmen have to be very careful about emptying them. It's a common problem in cities.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After playing some time with the new pack though it is quite easy to ignore all this unless you want to use such objects and foodstuffs and the game has a tendency to revert to a Neutral state too easily for those who want a sleezy neighbourhood. I've only found the trashpiles in the Eco Lifestyle world. Even without using them it's an interesting pack to play.

PS: As far as disgusting concepts go we have a childrens' TV series in the UK called "Horrible Histories" which children absolutely love, nasty little creatures!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    That dumpster acts a bit like the Dr Who's Tardis. I got a refrigerator out of it. Space must be a bit tight if a couple want to woo hoo in it! :o:D
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I went outside once to throw away trash and there was a homeless guy digging through my own trash!! 💀 I slowly crept back inside my house 😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Oh, I think I read somewhere that some people dumpster dive behind businesses that sell electronics orout of date inventory to sell themselves.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    The only disturbing thing about the meat wall is that it's supposed to be plant based faux meat instead of real meat. Otherwise it's one of the better things in this pack. Personally, I find bug eating super disgusting, but that doesn't mean the development team shouldn't have added it. Apparently it's quite normal in some parts of the world. On the other hand, I have no problem eating sea bug-like arthropods like shrimp, crab, and lobster so I'm not going to judge others for eating land based arthropods. I don't see what's disgusting about the free love, it's the best community vote option available. The dumpster woohoo is... not my cup of tea, but interesting for some sims/players/play styles I guess. I would just hope my normal sims don't autonomously go dumpster diving/woohoo-ing as frequently as they like to tap a glass of water. All these things are just minor and quirky additions to the game in this expansion that are not enough for me to decide whether or not I will buy the pack. The lack of strictly masculine cas items compared to the amount of feminine cas item and the overall eco theme favoring a hippy commune play style instead of also providing a technologically advanced clean industrial alternative option as a way to clean up pollution is what has put me off from buying the new expansion pack so far.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    The only thing I don't like is the dumpster woohoo. It's kinda...trashy. The meat wall is a little weird but harmless since it is supposed to be plant based meat and not the real thing. If it were real then i'd have a problem with it. Other than that dumpster diving and even the bug farms are fine to me. I would never willing eat a bug but wouldn't judge someone for finding an alternative source of food and fuel.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think most people irl would recoil at woohooing in a dumpster, but it’s the part of the game that is fun to have our sims do something we wouldn’t or couldn’t in actuality. As for dumpster diving, if that’s somebody’s jam who am I to judge? As I posted earlier when times were hard I did a version of it myself. I don’t think people realize how much stuff is thrown out that really still has plenty of use in it but people don’t have the desire or skill to repair it, or they decide they’re sick of it and it’s easier sometimes to just toss it in the trash. We’re almost drowning in garbage on this planet. So if someone can/will give some of it a second life, hoorah! As for the meat wall, I’m not bothered by it. I think it’s kind of humorous.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I play all kinds of different sims and styles.

Most of my sims live in nice luxurious houses but some live in modest homes and others, the unfortunate souls, live in squalor because I want to try all the game has to offer and that means everything from uber rich celebrities with butlers and mansions to poor single parents living in disgusting conditions with barely enough money to pay the bills (which is very hard to achieve, everything is so cheap and you earn money basically doing anything in game). I basically cheat money away XD

All that said, the pack doesn't really interest me, seems like there isn't much gameplay, and what there is is very specific to a certain type of sim and it seems too little for all that money. This is why I enjoy GTW so much, there is lots of different types of things that you can do and all types of sims has something to "use".

But I will get the new pack when it's at least 50% off. I guess a couple of my sims (the poor souls) can put it to good use.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top