Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot vote on community space board

Hi everyone!

I turned the public park in Del Sol Valley into a community space in the hopes of turning it into a marketplace. Unfortunately, when I brought my sims there (who are residents of Del Sol valley), it says I cannot vote on it. Any idea why?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    You can only vote in your own neighbourhood, I believe. So if you live in Mirage Park or The Pinnacles, you can't vote at the park in Starlight Boulevard.
  • bratt_sniperbratt_sniper Posts: 349 Member
    My sims live in Del Sol Valley :) I turned one of the community lots into a community space, but still can't vote :(
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    My sims live in Del Sol Valley :) I turned one of the community lots into a community space, but still can't vote :(

Yeah. The same town/world. But do they live in the same neighbourhood/street? If they don't, you can't vote there
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It's separated by actual neighborhoods not by worlds.
  • bratt_sniperbratt_sniper Posts: 349 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Yeah. The same town/world. But do they live in the same neighbourhood/street? If they don't, you can't vote there

Thank you so much!! This is very helpful! :)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Hi everyone!

I turned the public park in Del Sol Valley into a community space in the hopes of turning it into a marketplace. Unfortunately, when I brought my sims there (who are residents of Del Sol valley), it says I cannot vote on it. Any idea why?

@bratt_sniper yea I had the same problem when I first started playing. You have to live in the same neighborhood, not just the same world. Basically on the world map, you can hover over the different icons highlighting different “blobs” of the world. You can only vote in your own blob.
  • mickeyaleamickeyalea Posts: 41 Member
    Is this the case even with the community spaces cheat enabled. It's really frustrating not being able to change these spaces.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    mickeyalea wrote: »
    Is this the case even with the community spaces cheat enabled. It's really frustrating not being able to change these spaces.

Yes. I've been unable to even with the cheat.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    You can only vote in your own blob.
    Lol, I love that, what a fantastic phraseology :D
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited March 2021
    Oh man. And I put a community lot in New Crest in the blob (I love that word!) where I have only community lots. And I took such a time to outfit it for ALL spaces. 4 hours it took me. Thank god the default Community lot works for everything. I hadn't gotten around doing the vote thing yet with my Sim that actually lives in Willow Creek :trollface:
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I don't dare to tell how many hours I put on building one lot..
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't dare to tell how many hours I put on building one lot..

You could temporarily move a family into that neighbourhood just to take care of the voting.