Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well change of plans

So I had this "brilliant" idea that my crafter sim would open up his own furniture store with stuff he has crafted, but man, no. First I am having him furnish his house with the fabricator and save money to buy the retail building but I had him make a dresser and it took him EIGHT, count them, EIGHT tries to make the dresser before he became successful. The machine either kept breaking or attacking him. I then realized this dream of being a retail furniture owner would not work out. He literally would be fabricating non-stop to get one item at a time just to have stock. I wish there was a way to mass-produce. Does the fabricator attack and break less the more skilled your sim is at fabrication?

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I have not seen this improve with skill yet. My sim is currently level 6 though, so I don't know the improvement after that. The Sim can usually create 2 items in a 24 SimHour period. Lots of malfunctions. It's fun for the Sim to be dyed or dipped. But I'm really glad it's not a death. LOL. Have it, just not so often. Also, there are a ton of times that a fabrication has to be scrapped to start a project. I haven't seen if that's from a malfunction in fabrication or another Sim just stops their project.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Can the fabricator be upgraded? That would be a cool touch to have cross-skill benefits.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    But for the store you only need to make it once. after that the item can be restocked. I also noticed that fabricator works best if you make an item, let is stew for a n hour, then make another one. Also - use the workbench and candle making table.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    The machine won't malfunction when you get a few more points. It also breaks less. Unfortunately, the Fabricator has no upgrades, as far as I've seen. Only choices are to Purchase dyes and Fabricate.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    The machine won't malfunction when you get a few more points. It also breaks less. Unfortunately, the Fabricator has no upgrades, as far as I've seen. Only choices are to Purchase dyes and Fabricate.

what do you mean "get more points"?
  • Options
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    But for the store you only need to make it once. after that the item can be restocked. I also noticed that fabricator works best if you make an item, let is stew for a n hour, then make another one. Also - use the workbench and candle making table.

right I did think of that for a split second. At first, I was thinking that restocking for bakery items, they are less quality than if you sim made them by hand but I guess there is no loss of quality for a furniture piece. Thanks for reminding me.
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    The higher my sim got in the fabricating skill the less the fabricator broke or malfunctioned. At about skill level 7 or 8 chances of mishap lessened by a lot.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    PlumDiddy wrote: »
    The higher my sim got in the fabricating skill the less the fabricator broke or malfunctioned. At about skill level 7 or 8 chances of mishap lessened by a lot.

I read somewhere it didn't actually improve with level? I think it was from Carl's videos.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

right I did think of that for a split second. At first, I was thinking that restocking for bakery items, they are less quality than if you sim made them by hand but I guess there is no loss of quality for a furniture piece. Thanks for reminding me.

No, they're not. My bakery items restock at the same quality. If you make an excellent dish, it restocks as an excellent dish. I assume the furniture works the same way.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    aaronrulz wrote: »

No, they're not. My bakery items restock at the same quality. If you make an excellent dish, it restocks as an excellent dish. I assume the furniture works the same way.

oh jeez, then my information is wrong. haha. I swear someone said that to me years ago on here when I was asking about my sim owning a bakery. Thanks!
  • Options
    SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    I finally tried the fabricator, and it has attacked my Sim every time she tries to use it, and leaves her dazed.