Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which holidays and clubs do you create for your game?

I couldn't seem to find any other threads on this, so hopefully it's fine I'm creating this one.

I need some inspiration for holidays and clubs yin my game, so I figured I would hear you lovely simmers here on the forum what you create for your game :smile:

The holidays I have added to my game are "Spooky Day", "Springfest", "Summerfest", and "Pride".

For clubs it's usually a coffee or culinary club, or I add a club for family members for "family game night" or something like that.

What do you guys add in your game? So curious to hear :smile:

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    In the summer I will add a few days as a holiday and call it Summer Break. I will do the same in Winter, and call it Winter Break.

If you are looking for some ideas, I found quite a bit at these links.

Custom holidays ideas for your Sims 4 Calendar
    https://dreaminginsimlish.wixsite.com/thesims/post/custom-holidays-ideas-your-sims-4-calendar-the-sims-4-seasons-required

Sims Community - I filled the entire Calendar with Holidays in The Sims 4 Seasons
    https://simscommunity.info/2018/07/25/i-filled-the-entire-calendar-with-holidays-in-the-sims-4-seasons/

SimVip - Six Holidays You Should Make
    https://simsvip.com/2018/06/22/six-holidays-you-should-make-with-the-sims-4-seasons/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbisHfYUFu8
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I delete the premade holidays and make Halloween (costumes, decoration, trick or treat), sometimes Thanksgiving (thankful spirit and grand meal, NO gnomes..), Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day (all pretty standard), Easter (holiday ceremony, egg hunt and sometimes gardening), and Fourth of July (BBQ, water fun, fireworks, party spirt).

If the Sims I’m playing are not especially Americanised, they might miss some holidays... it all depends on the family I am playing at the time.

I haven’t really got the hang of the clubs yet..
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    As far as clubs, one thing I will do with them is to use the club system to bring my sim's extended family home to visit. So when the kids grow up, move out, and are living on their own, I can easily bring everyone back to visit and keep in contact with each other. I have even used the club system to get the children to do their homework, do chores, and easily get my larger families to do things together with each other.

Used the club system so that the children/teens in the family can easily invite their friends over and have a slumber party.

If I have a single parent who is raising their child alone, and the other parent is in the game. I will use the club system to bring the one not living in the household over so they can visit and interact with their child.

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    I didn't add many holidays, just a couple from my particular spirituality tradition.

I've added lots of clubs and keep adding more. I've created them for extended families. I have clubs for single Sims who want to date. I have clubs for musicians to jam together. I have a club called The Mothers of Invention, with Frank Zappa as the club leader. I have clubs for Sims to engage in spiritual traditions. I will soon be creating a cult/club for my elder who wants to be a cult leader. I have clubs for youth and for teens to hang out with each other. I have a club for all of a Sim's coworkers to get together and hang out after work. I have a chess club and a rocketry club. I have a club for people who want to act like frat guys. I have a club for more high-class drinkers. I have a club for actors to hang out together. I have clubs for all of a Sim's friends. I love clubs!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    I added Easter and Halloween in some saves. I sometimes will make a kids club for my children with their friends, but I also made a book club with my mom sim where she made them brunch and then they read books and talked :)
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I would usually just add Flowerfest as a holiday in spring, with the Flowerbunny and egg search. A couple of times I've also added a holiday in summer, with BBQ and water fun. I've also added costumes and trick&treat in a couple saves. Not really deleted any holidays, but I have mods to remove most of the random days, like Neighbourhood brawl and Rebate day. With only 7 days in a season, I don't want too many holidays. I usually forget to do the same changes in every save.

I've not created many clubs. I have a couple for some saves for my vampire friends to meet up and party/hang out/work on skills. There are only 3-4 existing clubs that are not useless, so my sims don't join clubs much.
  • Options
    CNJ93CNJ93 Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2020
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    In the summer I will add a few days as a holiday and call it Summer Break. I will do the same in Winter, and call it Winter Break.

If you are looking for some ideas, I found quite a bit at these links.

Custom holidays ideas for your Sims 4 Calendar
    https://dreaminginsimlish.wixsite.com/thesims/post/custom-holidays-ideas-your-sims-4-calendar-the-sims-4-seasons-required

Sims Community - I filled the entire Calendar with Holidays in The Sims 4 Seasons
    https://simscommunity.info/2018/07/25/i-filled-the-entire-calendar-with-holidays-in-the-sims-4-seasons/

SimVip - Six Holidays You Should Make
    https://simsvip.com/2018/06/22/six-holidays-you-should-make-with-the-sims-4-seasons/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbisHfYUFu8

Great idea with the Winter/Summer breaks, will definitely be adding this :smile:

Thank you for the links :smile:
  • Options
    CNJ93CNJ93 Posts: 30 Member
    I didn't add many holidays, just a couple from my particular spirituality tradition.

I've added lots of clubs and keep adding more. I've created them for extended families. I have clubs for single Sims who want to date. I have clubs for musicians to jam together. I have a club called The Mothers of Invention, with Frank Zappa as the club leader. I have clubs for Sims to engage in spiritual traditions. I will soon be creating a cult/club for my elder who wants to be a cult leader. I have clubs for youth and for teens to hang out with each other. I have a club for all of a Sim's coworkers to get together and hang out after work. I have a chess club and a rocketry club. I have a club for people who want to act like frat guys. I have a club for more high-class drinkers. I have a club for actors to hang out together. I have clubs for all of a Sim's friends. I love clubs!

Wow, these are some great club ideas! :smile:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Clubs are great. They are one of the very few features that works well in rotational play.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

I don't have seasons, but I have used the club system for awhile, I cheat, it guess, I just use the clubs already hidden in the game for a lot of my clubs, found here:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Club_%28The_Sims_4:_Get_Together%29

The clubs I came up with are centered on bowling:

Teen Tin Pins
    Requirements: Open invitation, Teens only
    Club hangout: Blowling Alley lot
    Club activities: Go Bowling
    Description: Bored with life in the slow lane in the 'burbs? If you are feeling lucky, strike out on your own in your spare the time, and have a ball with us.

The Bowling Stones
    Requirements: Open invitation, Men Only
    Description: You can't always get what you want in life, but if you are suffering from the summertime blues, use your imagination and let us come to your emotional rescue. Stop waiting on a friend and get some satisfaction with us.

The Rolling Pins
    Requirements: Open invitation, Women only
    Description: Do you knead to get out of the kitchen? Don't do anything half-baked, join us, you won't knead a lot of dough and we're as wholesome as apple pie.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    I haven't used clubs much but I'd like to remember that they are there and start incorporating them more. Although I do have a Magic Council Club I set up for the Sages and a couple of other spellcasters I don't play. One of my Sims got invited to the club so I invited them over for a club meeting, somehow my entire house did not burn down in the course of seven fires being set (firefighters weren't in the game yet).

On the other hand, I have quite a few holidays. I added in an Earth Day, Sim National (Fourth of July), Spookfest, Harvestfest, Winterfest Eve, Winterfest, New Year's Eve, New Years Day, Love Day, St. Gnomes Day (St. Patrick's Day), Also I chose a day out of each season to act as an appropriate break from school and Spookfest, Winterfest, and New Years all have a day set aside for decorating for each holiday as well. I play with my seasons as 14 days long to help space everything out a bit.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    I also created a club for aliens to socialize with each other, and an ecology club. Today I was thinking about creating a club for pet owners to socialize.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I also created a club for aliens to socialize with each other, and an ecology club. Today I was thinking about creating a club for pet owners to socialize.

@Rouenpucelle I have so many cat-loving sims I made a club for them to meet at the cat hangout in Brindleton Bay. It's just a shame that animals cannot be part of a club and there is no interaction with animals as a club activity.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I made winterfests Eve so it's more like Christmas, father winter comes at night and puts presents under the tree, and the next morning is wintetrfest so you open them.

I also added Halloween and Leisure day, as well as Bunny day.

As for clubs, I have a lot of them in my base game save file..a gardening club, drama, vampire, witch, teen club etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2020
    NRowe wrote: »
    ...Thanksgiving (thankful spirit and grand meal, NO gnomes..)
    I always immediately delete gnomes from the holiday too!

In my spellcaster playthrough I add days from the Wheel of the Year to celebrate.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I haven't gotten into using the holidays and clubs. I will usually leave the default ones in the calendar and do the easier ones. Lottery, talk like a pirate... I've been planning on making a few clubs, but I'll probably wait until knitting comes out and make that my first club.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I only have one club and it's called "Sam's Cleaning Club!" and the only activities are to clean my house and fix my broken appliances.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Is there any mod that makes hollidays like talk like a pirate to not automatically show up?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've got some Victorian CC downloaded for a save I played last year. I'm going to make a "reenactment club" at some stage. Most of my clubs are family based, or are used for kids and teens to make friends, or are for sims finding romance. My current save has a gym club and a club where the participants do mean things to everyone except club members.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    malinbolimalinboli Posts: 16 Member
    I usually add halloween, pride, advent, and midsummer.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I added the ones from TS3 which are missing in TS4. I did make a unique day called Egg Hunt Day where the flower bunny comes and eggs are found all around the lots.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I just wanted more actions to create more traditions. I downloaded some mods that really helped but I see the infinite interactions of the club system that I would love to use to create a more specific tradition without repeating the actions of others.
  • Options
    thenameslynith13thenameslynith13 Posts: 55 Member
    In my mermaid save I created a club for mermaids only, so she could have some fin-friends like her. I also created Ancestors Day, where my Sulani sims would celebrate and give thanks to the spirits!
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    That's a cool idea @thenameslynith13 ! Ancestor Day!

I added Anniversary to the calendar. It's for my sims celebrating their anniversary, which at first came because i was only playing one household but I found it works perfectly even in rotation play. The take the day off, have a few drinks, make a little romance and go on a date. It's become an absolutely essential holiday in all of my saves.

I also defeated Strangerville and added a "Hero's Day" where the activities are based around the activities of things my hero sim liked to do (in this case: cleaning, drinking, and inviting guests over for a movie night).

For clubs I am a little annoyed that a few traits are missing so I can't make the clubs I want to make (fabrication club, mommy and me group, etc) but I always make a household club, a teen club, a singles group, and a kids club.
  • Options
    Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    For normal play I have holidays like:
    "Green day" (Gardening, give flowers etc), "Family day" and "Inspiration day" (baking, arts and music etc) and "Public lecture on Good/Evil" (where my sims just Attend holiday ceremony).

For my occult hunter there is also "Abduction day" and "Recon day".

With regards to clubs I mostly just create clubs for extended family, offpsring or friends clubs. But I also create conflicting clubs like "The Fanged Vegans" led by the Vatore siblings and which don't get along with Vlad's club. And also a spellcaster club "The Circle" that don't get along with any vampire groups.
    Then I also have two party groups for vampire parties: "Plasma Janes" and Plasma Joes".