Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Active careers and university?

Those of you who have your sims with degrees that allowed them to be in the GTW careers, how hard was it for your sims to get promotions?
I don't have University, however, I know when I've cheated sims into promotions, the "treat x patients" promotional tasks are set to 0/x patients as the sims haven't been at work.
Is this the same for sims with degrees?
Like do you have to constantly go to work with them to rank up the number of patients to treat?
(I'm using the Dr career as an example but I assume that the solve cases/have breakthroughs are the same)

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    My sim who got a head start in the science career because of his degree had zero breakthroughs despite starting at around level 7 of the career. So he's not going to get a promotion until he has caught up with the breakthroughs.
  • JoradsonJoradson Posts: 9 New Member
    It's nice to have the certificate of graduating and the extra trait you get, as well as the money bonus at the start of your chosen career. Only sometimes you have to catch up on certain skills or promotion requirements to actually get on 'that level' of the job.
    I assume with the solve cases you'll have to do a lot of cases as well to be promoted again. But then again, you get paid way more for the same work you do in the first few levels of the career :)
  • xxLucky185xxxxLucky185xx Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thank you for confirming that it was what I expected :)