Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you fix burnt dumpster furniture for free?

My Spellcaster can fix these with repario but I thought there was a way to do this via fabrication, handiness or one of the new Eco LifeStyle careers? In another post someone suggested the smog vacuum thing from the trailer can do it (?) but I can't figure out to unlock it without a cheat.

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    The career...I think it’s civil engineer, that rewards you with the smog vacuum, that vacuum will fix burnt furniture. Someone posted on Twitter that placing the burnt furniture around your lots pushes your eco scale towards industrial too, if you’re looking to muck up the neighborhood some.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    @Pamtastic72 - Thanks for responding! Did it say what level? My Sim is Level 7 and I haven't seen it...
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    You need to Draft and Submit blueprints until the recipe for it is unlocked, then you craft it on the fabricator.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    “I recently unlocked this item by submitting a ''modded'' eco-invention in the mailbox. So first you draft your eco-invention on the tablet, then you have to present the concept to another sim (you can find this by clicking ''more choices'' in the conversation bubble). By doing this there is a chance that this sim will recommend you to ''mod'' the concept to make it better. If by chance they do, then you can click on the draft in your inventory to ''mod'' it. This will make your concept much better and also it will increases the chance of unlocking some new cool fabrication items, including the smog vaccum which I did! The first time I modded my eco-draft I got the smog vaccum, but I'm not sure if you will unlock this on your first try. Hope this helps :-)“

I found this here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/How-to-unlock-Eco-Lifestyle-Smog-Vacuum/td-p/9193306
    edited June 2020
    Thanks @LoriTSp and @Pamtastic72 - Everything I found online just said unlock via the career. I couldn't find anything specific. :smiley:
    Post edited by SomeChick1 on
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    In my case burnt furniture can be sold for full price before you put it in the house lot. Must be a glitch
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    In my case burnt furniture can be sold for full price before you put it in the house lot. Must be a glitch

That happens in my game as well.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »

That happens in my game as well.

Yeah, definite glitch. Every time there's a new patch I'm always like do you guys not playtest this stuff at ALL?! Smh. Anyway, I wanted to have a house with only things from dumpster diving - forcing my Sim to keep everything found but I now have like 9 beds and four refrigerators. Now I think I'll amend my plan, start with zero dollars and allow my Sim to repair/sell things he doesn't want but I'm only allowed to use that money on like walls, doors, windows, landscaping, etc. That is if I EVER unlock the thing that fixes burned stuff.
  • AdasunshineAdasunshine Posts: 2 New Member
    > @jimbbq said:
    > In my case burnt furniture can be sold for full price before you put it in the house lot. Must be a glitch

Just wanted to mention, if you plop it back in the family inventory.. (even if it is burnt still) the original normal quality price pops up again so you can sell it for full price if there's anyone looking for a simple "cheat" if you will.
  • AdasunshineAdasunshine Posts: 2 New Member
    But thank you to the original poster, I was wondering the exact same question... if there was any way to fix the furniture without having to pay to "replace" it. Good to know, there is!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Do you have to have be in the career to fix the furniture?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Do you have to have be in the career to fix the furniture?

Technically yes. However. Plop down a sales table such as the one from eco living or jungle adventure. Find the smog vacuum in build debug. In build mode place the vacuum on the top of the table. Go to live mode and your sim will be able to 'clear table' and put it in their inventory.
    I do this and deduct household funds for whatever I think is appropriate.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If you have Realm of Magic and your Sim is a Spellcaster, I think the Scruberoo spell might work. It does on furniture that has been struck by lightning or damaged in a fire.