Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One million now what ?.

So my Sim has just hit the lottery and now has so much $$$ that he is burning in the fireplace. We can't buy a second home, fancy cars or really nice furniture. All this $$$ and no place to spend it.

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    If you have Dine Out you can buy a restaurant :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    You can find a real fancy house off the gallery and buy it <3. That's what I do <3.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited June 2020
    Blow it as much as possible partying and buying expensive junk and house upgrades (golden toilet, expensive walls and flooring, that kind of stuff), use a cheat to get rid of any money left over, then do a storyline where your sim blew all the money partying and now they owe a bunch of back taxes, and the repoman keeps coming around taking all of your possessions away to pay off the debt. That's what I'd do...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Sims can donate money to charities; maybe your Sims get into philanthropy. Then you can do something like name a building after them too.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Let it rain.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Have your Sim give money to all the townies so they can be rich too.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Yea rich sims are the worst to play. Killl them off !
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Wow wouldn’t it be cool if we could own second homes or vacation homes and move back and forth between them.
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    I've found that you can simulate owning a second (or third, or fourth) home by changing a residential lot to retail. Your sim family can then purchase the "business" and live there. The owners of the business aren't required to ever open the shop, so you don't have to worry about selling things/running a business. If the household contains a famous sim, paparazzi can enter the business even when it's closed, unless the doors are locked.
    My sim family lives in a house in Brindleton Bay and they own additional homes in Oasis Springs, Windenburg, and Sulani. They maxed out their funds some time ago. Because each retail lot has it's own bank account, theoretically, a sim with the "Shrewd" trait could put their investments into the businesses and increase the family's net worth to well over 10,000,000 simoleons.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    When I get to the point when my Sim has a couple of million, that's when I usually leave them and start over with someone new, like today. xD I might get back to one of my filthy rich Sims once the bill bug has been fixed so their wallets can feel the pain.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    Tony89 wrote: »
    Wow wouldn’t it be cool if we could own second homes or vacation homes and move back and forth between them.

I just took the appropriate amount out of my family’s money, moved them into a second house, and left the first house empty. Then when I wanted them to go back to the first house, I just moved them into it and left the second house empty.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I never allow my Sims's bank accounts to have more that 100,000 Simoleans. It takes away from me wanting to do anything that makes money with my Sims because it seems redundant. I have a handy mod that allows my Sims to donate up to 50,000 Simoleans per day, which gives a boost to their Good Reputation meter. Or I just cheat away that extra cash. A few of my Sims own 'vacation' homes in Granite Falls or Sulani, with the use of a couple in game cheats, so they do get to use their money on redecorating and improving their homes. With all the eco stuff, no doubt there will be a lot of money spent on improving the eco footprint in those vacation spots. When attending certain charitable events where they are expected to donate, they always donate the highest allowable amount. Or they give money to random Sims they have just met. I enjoy handing out Simoleans to single parent families, college students, the elders, or to the wealthier NPC Sims who sometimes become angry and offended when given free money. Which is pretty funny. The only Sim I don't give much money to is Bess from Eco Lifestyle. She seems a bit shady to me for some reason. Plus she is very slow to give your Sim any kind of return on their investment unless your Sim demands it, and she has yet to refund an amount that is even close to what she has been given. She calls my main Sim every few days with the offer to make him happy if he gives her one Simolean. I usually take advantage of the offer if my Sim needs a quick boost. There are many ways for your Sims to put their windfall to good use within their communities. Or you can always just cheat it away.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Just be creative.

Build a vault. Put the million in it. The sims forget about it. They will have huge bills though and it will be gone before you know it.

They can woohoo in it and make a baby that grows up and runs away with all the money.

Or have them leave the vault unlocked and play another Sim and have them steal it. Write a story about it.

Or don't be be creative and cheat the money down so they have to work for it.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    You could also build a community lot bank and have the family have a vault to store money.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Spend a small fortune on upgrade parts then upgrade everything in every community lot.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    If you have Get Famous, flaunting the money actually helps achieve more fame. Or so they tell me. I was raised by parents who lived through the Great Depression — I simply cannot bring myself to have my Sims burn money. LOL Not on my Watch. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    If you have Get Famous, flaunting the money actually helps achieve more fame. Or so they tell me. I was raised by parents who lived through the Great Depression — I simply cannot bring myself to have my Sims burn money. LOL Not on my Watch. ;)

I never have my Sims burn money either. I know it's just a game and all, but no, it just feels wrong. I do have them flaunt their wealth in crowded places some times, someone else can put them to good use. :)
    If you download the sims Realist banking mod( which has a bills system that’s way better than the one that came with the June patch)

You will
    Have much more fun with money management, you can invest, send money to family
    And friends, make withdrawals and deposits.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    If you download the sims Realist banking mod( which has a bills system that’s way better than the one that came with the June patch)

You will

You have to wait for SimsRealist to upgrade this mod. Currently, it's incompatible.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    It's crazy because you'll never be able to spend it in this game even when buying all the most expensive stuff. I just put it in the Get Famous fault & try to budget off my sims standard income. At least in TS3 there were multiple properties you could buy, luxury cars & houseboats or invest in property around the town. There's not much you can do in Sims 4 with vast amounts of wealth. We have all these different lot types but sims can't buy shares in them or even own them. It's very weird to me.
    edited June 2020

You will

You have to wait for SimsRealist to upgrade this mod. Currently, it's incompatible.

The bank mod has been updated and works, it’s the “bills mod” that isn’t updated yet.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    1.build big fancy mansion
    (or move into vlads house and renovate it)
    2.hire all the services
    (i mean who doesnt have pianist in their living room playing while they chill out)
    3. buy all the books in game
    (actually kinda expensive)
    4. make kiddos and divide the moneys between them
    5. or simply send them to university with some cash money theyll come back poor
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    I had the opposite problem. Playing the "Landgraabs" after changing them alot to the "Ebabits". They had maybe 3 million, so none worked, and none bothered going to school. So eventually the money was running out. at about a million simoleons I had them buy/build a retail store to start making some money again.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Have one of the family turn into a rich, reclusive hermit in Granite Falls, you can afford it. Live the dream in the tropics of Selvadoria, Buy yourself a big house in Sulani and spend time there as if it were your holiday home. Hire nannies, maids and a butler you have staff! Build up your skills and blow as much of it as you can before the kids age up. Then it's their responsibility to make more money or to squander more. If your Sim is single, give up you day job, slap on the player aspiriation and woohoo your way around town, taking them to the most expensive night clubs, buy the most expensive drinks, charge for your clothing when your sim changes and make it expensive so a suit would cost $500 at the very least. Build a Batcave, host wild parties day and night. Make your butler answer to Alfred. Open an orphanage and donate to it regularly. Hire a live in witch, pay her to make your garden the best it can be and to maintain it. Hire youself a vampire assassin to take out your enemies or as I do, celebrities when they get a bit much. Fill your house with bubble blowers and open a bubble den for illicit bubble intake. Buy a shop, peddle bubble blowers to the rich and famous, get the whole town hooked on bubbles. Buy Judith Ward's house because you can and lock her out. Well that's me done, I think I'm going to open up my bubble blowing salon now, but I've got to cheat the simoleons rather than coming by them honestly.
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2020
    I used to have my sims buy a dozen of retail lots, stores, restaurants, vet... Ended up filling every one of them’s accounts. Well now that I can’t really help but hit the 9.999 mil cap, I kinda chose to ignore it.
    Vaults from Get Famous add up to lot value and so tax, though past Eco Life it’s capped at §300. Right. Money for nothing :sunglasses:
    So yeah, I say take our attention elsewhere, create something and so on. Simoleon hoarding is for early game!
    AxxYIX4.png