Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ways the Sims 4 is BETTER than other Sims games! (Positivity Thread)

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It's the only iteration where you can meet Father Winter in a pink t shirt and jeans at the Romance Festival and get to flirt with him as my female Sim has just done. He was sprinkling rose petals everywhere. It's not a very good look for him though as it shows his paunch! :o
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    [Edited by EA_Mai - off topic comments removed]

Another thing I like in the Sims 4:
    Realistic weight gain/ loss
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    As much as I like to criticize what it gets wrong, there's a lot it gets right too. And even more so than I posted earlier.

NPCs are randomly generated. They are not always the same. If you have MCCC; you can have it set up to only draw your own Sims; as well as those from the gallery.

Being in relationships with those NPCs will not break your game

Modifying/deleting them won't either. A new one will just show up in their place. The same goes if you move one into a household.

And the gallery. You don't have to go to a menu to get to your tray.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited June 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    Another thing I like in the Sims 4:

Now that you mentioned that it's also another thing is that muscular/fit sims won't stay fit unless you keep them fit meaning you slack off they'll lose a certain percentage of that everyday if they don't work out. I like that.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Yet another thing I totally forgot, or not just that, I love that the weight gain is separated from muscular thing. Like you can have a thin sim with full muscles too, not everyone have to be huge bodybuilders :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2020
    I feel like each game has their strong and weak points. If Sims 4 was truly a different game, it wouldn't be called a Sims game or be developed by Maxis like how Paralives and Animal Crossing are different games. I get tired how competitive the Sims 4 has made people both towards the game and each other. Sim Gurus worked on games beyond just the Sims 4 so I find it disrespectful to put down their other work when that work inspires and has funded the current iteration too. There would be no Sims 4 had the Sims not have sold well in the beginning. Anyway, some of my favorite things about the Sims 4 are things that have been brought back from all three games and side games and improved upon like toddlers, vampires, mermaids, basements, tragic clown, firefighters, repoman, university, seasons, death by flies, hot tubs, butlers, IKEA furniture, spellcasters which are an improved version of warlocks/witches, off-the-grid, grilled cheese aspiration, and shower woohoo just to name a few things. Sims 2 was my favorite and I loved watching a SimGuru play it. It is SimGuruLyndsay's favorite too and a few of the other Gurus favorite. I hope that past games continue to inspire the current and future iterations.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2020
    I like the neighborhood/world connections also in Sims 4 . I can play out all kinds of scenerios with it/them as they come to mind for me. In Sims 1 and 2 you couldn't walk past the end of your lot during actual game play. I like the lively community feel I'm able to create with Sims 4 as well as the diverse places I can send my sim too also... all in one save. I also like some communities and areas are set up differently like Sulani is very neighbor-centric, and Windenburg Island (I know it has a new name now but not in game currently).. it isn't open to non residents other than mailperson ect, so I can use it as a secluded area for challenges or other game play.
    I wasn't able to tolerate playing Sims 3 for very long but I know from the time I played it on release for awhile I didn't like the need drop when I tried to traveling with the sim. It also made me feel very detached from my sims for reasons that have to do with the open world and more.

Oh one other thing I find great, no clue if it's something I just missed before. I can play as a vagabond, basically never going home but to get mail. With certain rewards I can live in others houses, take unlimited vacation time ect. If this was available in other prior games I just missed it. I take advantage of that though very frequently now in my game, as a different way to play.
    egTcBMc.png
    I really like the gallery. The exchange was much harder to use.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    The Sims are expressive which honestly makes them feel more human
    the fact that you can make aliens in cas
    the fact that it is the most easily moded
    the fact that you can do more then one aspiration
    its my favorite one
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    I actually think Sims 4 is probably the best of them all, aside from a few things I wish it had (no, I actually don't wish Sims 4 had open world because I enjoy having a functioning PC lol)

The animations are fluid, the sims aren't uncanny, the CAS is amazing, the gallery is like a place to showcase everything you've ever done, permanently. The ability to travel between worlds whenever you want, which also lends itself to consistent rotational play--nothing exists in a vacuum unless you turn off aging for your played sims. The clubs so that you can construct a small network of sims, which is incredibly fun if you do rotational play. The objects available in build-buy sometimes seem infinite, especially if you cheat and turn on debug lol Building a house is no longer a pain, the weather system can be hilarious for certain reasons and although Maxis tries to invent ways to stop you from forcing a sim death, there are a number of funny as heck ways to make it happen.

If Sims 4 gets story progression it will hands-down outrank every single other sims game, for me.
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Pregnant sims can wear anything.
    The club system is great.
    The gallery is totally awesome.
    Toddlers can go up and down stairs.
    Multitasking.
    CAS
    The calendar.
    Going from world to world.
    Ageing on/off options for rotational play.
    Freelancer careers.
    For me, this is the first time I haven't needed cc or mods to enjoy the game.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Sims 4 gets better the longer you play with it, not the opposite and still runs well, at least for me.

Over the 5/6 years I have built up many families and I find if I put all of them in the game I no longer get anonymous Sims round the neighbourhood. When I reach my limit of Sims allowed my families are the ones in the bars as the mixologists, restaurant staff and the townies walking around.

It can get engrossing when you give most of them jobs or careers to do and is a much deeper game when you rotate families and meet them in clubs or bars. My Sims get to know one another like neighbours do.

.....And if you get fed up with the stars turning up at everything that Simmers complain of on the forum, you always have the opportunity of evicting or deleting them. I like to start clean and only a favoured few Maxis' families allowed to live in my worlds.

It's my game and I rule it. :)o:)>:)<3
    child birth is more detail in sims 4
    which I really like
    Gardening and fishing are way more detailed in Sims 4 than it is in the other Sims games and it has way more different types of food and recipes than the other Sims games have it also has more job types part time jobs for adults odd jobs freelance and self-employed as well as active careers it's also the only Sims game that has a vet career the active careers are my favorite I also think they have the best parties in Sims 4 I like the way are sims can wear anything they want whether it's in the girls or the guys category many people have been using mods for that for years what the Sims 4 you don't really have to
    It also has the best holidays by far winterfest is definitely the most advanced one we've ever had to and the ability to make your own it's just awesome the way the pets breed is a lot easier than the old games because you don't have to have dog houses for them to do it stranger vill is a pack I really enjoyed I like the story mode and I wish there was more packs like it in Sims 4 edit other Sims games moving forward that isn't to say I want packs like that to replace most the Paxon game or anyting I just really like it and it's the only Sims game that's done that so far so I mean since it has no competitors in that area I would say it definitely did it the best
  • saucelicioussaucelicious Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2020
    [Edited by EA_Mai - off topic comments removed]

What i like better in Sims 4.

- The optimization is much better in Sims 4 due to a 64bit program and a bunch of loading screen that will drive you mad.
    - Building in Sims 4 is more intuitive, the rooms are a great idea.
    - Multitasking is fantastic, this is one of my favorite things in Sims 4.
    - Sims 4 emotions and personalities were a selling point, it's good but not all it was hyped up to be.

That's really all i can think of having played Sims 4 today.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    Sims 4 definitely has the most detailed billing system now
  • saucelicioussaucelicious Posts: 18 Member
    I like Sims 4, but everytime i get into roleplaying just a bit i am abruptly interrupted by loading screens, i have looked for a open world mod for a very long time it seems. The reason i don't play Sims 3 anymore even though its a step up is the cc lag you get due to a limited 32bit program and launcher, i never had a crash in CAS like op so that could be a user error or a laptop.

In Sims 4 you also have slight memory leak when opening the right interface menu, inventory, skills and career, if you leave them open it tends to lag quite a bit even on a high end pc. As for cc i had no lag at all, i believe i'm nearing the 4k cc files mark from tsr and other sites.

As for the loading screens i look at them the same way when Maxis and Ea told us it was not possible to go offline in Simcity and then someone created singleplayer for it, they may claim its not possible to play without loading screens, but i know better, it's an immersion breaker every single time.
    I like how breastfeeding was brought over from the Sims medieval.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    edited June 2020
    Hello everyone! We've reopened the thread. We had to remove a good amount of comments that were off-topic. Please remember to keep things friendly, constructive and on-topic. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    More so on the custom content and modding side of things, but I feel like it's easier to able to get into it than in previous games, especially if you don't know much. Especially when you have people making very handy and more than user friendly tools to use like S4 studio.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I love its graphics, the fact that it doesn't take ages to load and it runs perfectly (at least for me) and the fact that I can create the most beautiful sims.
    I like the way it looks best and I really like the world's two
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't think any of the Sims games are perfect, but I definitely enjoy TS4 the most. I can play for hours focussing on single Sims or families. And I also like to take breaks, like I do with any video game I play. But the most recreational part of the game to me is CAS. I love creating outfits and even have a little place on the forums where I share them and it is very enjoyable to me. And while I would appreciate a color wheel for skin tones and hair colors, I never really missed it for clothing (besides shoes maybe). It is the only game where I can make outfits without CC that I think are perfect. TS4 is not for everyone, but that's ok. It is the best Sims game for me.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2020
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Oh another thing I remembered is that I like is the aesthetically pleasing surroundings in the game as well as the sounds. Always feels like I can immerse myself a bit more into the world.
    jXmO14I.png
    k8krKkL.png
    bZYh9Up.png

Strangerville one of my favorite sas you can hear the wildlife at night time.

That is gorgeous! i agree it's so beautiful it's like a landscape painting and when at night the street lights come on it's perfection, they should stick to this style of graphics if they DO make more games i want everyone to be able to keep enjoying it and the sounds coming from nature is SO realistic and peaceful.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love hearing crickets chirp out in nature.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: