Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Would you be happy to see The Sims evolving even if your system couldn't run it anymore?

124...Next

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @SimmerGeorge i understand what you mean. Sims is the only game I play and I only use my laptop to play the sims and watch the odd film occasionally. For me personally I would not be able to justify buying or afford a computer or any gaming computer/laptop. I think my current laptop handles sims 4 well. Sims 1&4 have run well on my laptops considering they are low end ones (Sims 1 being my 1st laptop). Sims 3 did initially on my old laptop until I play for too long then it used to get very glitchy. Oddly enough I once installed and tried to play sims 2 on a pc and it was awful, so slow to load and gameplay was terrible on it so I gave up.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited June 2020
    If they took the time to learn from past mistakes and actually improve the game and make it better than before then I would definitely upgrade my system to play it when I could.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm a gamer who updates her gaming PC regularly, so I don't think specs would ever be a problem for me.

I think TS5 requiring a basic PC bought within 3 years of the base game release sounds fair.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    To clarify, though, it's highly unlikely that I would ever buy a new computer solely to keep up with the Sims.

However, the reality is that as technology continues to evolve, and as specific computers inevitably become obsolete or just plain worn out over time, I will be periodically upgrading anyway, for all kinds of reasons and uses. Given that I will be upgrading anyway, I'd like the Sims to keep up.

Now, I bought a somewhat more expensive computer than usual this last time, about a year and a half ago, though still far from top of the line. I'm not crazy extravagant, I'm not going to be replacing it every couple of years. But it seems unlikely that it's going to make it a full ten years, at least as my primary computer, when I use it for everything. I also won't be buying TS5 as soon as it comes out. (If it's online, I won't be buying it ever.) But by the time it comes out, plus a few expansions, which is usually what I need to make the jump in franchises, I expect my computer will be around seven years old, give or take, and so I'll probably be about ready for a new one, and I will have more than gotten my money's worth out of this one. The only reason I could foresee not being able to do so is if I had some sort of catastrophic situation... injury, or illness, etc.... and if that happened, I'd just muddle along with the old computer and TS3 & 4. But I certainly wouldn't expect the game to not move forward because of my personal situation.

Tl; dr: games keep evolving, computers keep evolving, and at some point, while we all have to weigh our own personal financial considerations, I wouldn't expect to hold back an entire franchise for a subset of people, even if that subset included me.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It is very interesting to see this results. It seems like 60% of you would consider upgrading your PC even just a bit so you can run the next installment.
    It is surprising to see such a big amount of people say they would love to see more expansive gameplay even if they had to stop playing the game or if they had to upgrade.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?