Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flashing white screen, what is this?

Before this evening I have never seen this in my game. The screen keeps flashing to white, and the game gets a really bad lag. I do have ECO, and before I added this pack, my game has run very smoothly. Before I take my computer in to see what is going on, I just wanted to make sure it was not something that the ECO pack itself is throwing at me and not my computer. If it is because of ECO, what is going on?

Comments

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I think it might be the game. When I first played in Port Promise, the container home lot, the ground was invisible, all around the bar area.
    I never had that problem before and I have not noticed it anywhere else in the game before or since but there is a load of lag, especially when I enter build mode.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I am starting to think it might have to do with the ECO world/town because that was where I was playing. After I posted my question I decided to move my sim's home and household to Willow Creek, and the flashing white screen stopped and noticed the same about the lag. Keeping my fingers crossed that solves it.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    @LaBlue0314 When this happens try to open your taskmanager and look at the CPU/HDD readings. Might be that something or the game itselfstresses the resources. I usually have that when other programs think they have to do big updates or disc-checks right now. But sometimes its just TS4 itself, especially since the latest patch.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you for this information, I will do this.