Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why did EA stop sending Lazy Game Reviews Expansion Pack codes?

He really seems to care about the game and he is one of the more popular reviewers out there. He could even be a great game changer if he wanted to. I think EA just doesn't like him because he's so outspoken. What do you think?

Here is his latest video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyvlM50Q9WE
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    From what I understand he did get the codes for a while, but he opted out as he wanted to be free to say what he wanted and not have to feel like he had to pander I guess to EA.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    From what I understand he did get the codes for a while, but he opted out as he wanted to be free to say what he wanted and not have to feel like he had to pander I guess to EA.

Really I've never heard of that
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I think he got the codes until the Game Changer program started, but he’d never expected them.

I think the thing was that if he were to get codes he’d be expected to make other content instead of just the reviews or occasional play video, and I don’t think he wants to do that.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    He said he opted out of the game changer program. They offered him a spot and he said no. He was worried it make him too biased. He mentioned it on Twitter a while back when asked about the program.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2020
    Clint already said he didn't want to be a game changer. Didn't interest him, since EA doesn't just send out codes to who they want since they went in the direction of having the program.

So, there's not some weird vendetta against him? Not sure why some throw that out there as people can buy packs not even based on someone's opinion with a review. And Clint was buying sims packs for a long time even with S3 that weren't given to him. Still not sure why it's a big deal if it's given to him for free or not?

His review wasn't really as deep as Carl's and he missed some things a pretty so-so review for the most part just covering some of the more more notable features. I only watch it for the humor but it was pretty 'eh' for the most part.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Oh okay that makes sense. That's a pity that the game changers program works this way. It just blocks out people like LGR. I really thought the game changers program was great 'till I realized how game changers really dominate Sims 4 kinds of videos. LGR might be one of the few whose opinion is heard without being a game changer.

Since he also plays a lot of other stuff and knows a lot about gaming history his opinion is one I respect a lot 'cause it's not as biased.
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Clint already said he didn't want to be a game changer. Didn't interest him, since EA doesn't just send out codes to who they want since they went in the direction of having the program.

So, there's not some weird vendetta against him? Not sure why some throw that out there as people can buy packs not even based on someone's opinion with a review. And Clint was buying sims packs for a long time even with S3 that weren't given to him. Still not sure why it's a big deal if it's given to him for free or not?

His review wasn't really as deep as Carl's and he missed some things a pretty so-so review for the most part just covering some of the more more notable features. I only watch it for the humor but it was pretty 'eh' for the most part.

Well a review of the game is not necessarily an overview. He doesn't need to list every single feature of the pack. It's about an opinion really.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

Well a review of the game is not necessarily an overview. He doesn't need to list every single feature of the pack. It's about an opinion really.

Didn't say he had to list every single feature in the game, but there were some I found could have been mentioned as a lot of his previous ones use to cover quite a lot, but that's just my opinion. *shrugs*

Surprised he didn't mention the throw back to the first sims games with the random chance phone calls and furniture. Thought that would have been something that interested him.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    If you watch his video here near the end he talks a little as to why he decided not to be a gamechanger for reasons already mentioned here, which if you ask me, is pretty respectable. Its a few years old, but no less relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqaprLT7zic

• Options
    If you watch his video here near the end he talks a little as to why he decided not to be a gamechanger for reasons already mentioned here, which if you ask me, is pretty respectable. Its a few years old, but no less relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqaprLT7zic

This is such a great video and I fully understand what he's trying to get across. Maybe it also helps that I played all previous installments
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't, but for this pack, I feel like he pretty much solidified all of my perceptions. I feel the same way about the theme that he does, like it's "meh". But I do see some good things in the pack, too. I also, like he does, question why it had to be an EP and not a GP or why trash isn't a thing with the industrial footprint.

Anyway, it was good to see his review. I'll probably continue to let this pack pass by.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My basic understanding is it is because he refused to sign up to their game changer program. Since they can't dictate/control his content, they are not willing to give a early access code. I am hearing some very negative information about their requirements of game changers recently as well.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    My basic understanding is it is because he refused to sign up to their game changer program. Since they can't dictate/control his content, they are not willing to give a early access code. I am hearing some very negative information about their requirements of game changers recently as well.

Hey I for one am glad he didn't take it.
    Clint doesn't need to fake it <3 He never has <3 And I love him that way.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited June 2020
    This was the first time I'd bought an expansion without watching the review. I'm oddly relieved he more or less gave it a B-. :D
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah it is harsher in time constraints now, so some game changers are leaving the program because of inequality even in the game changer program. So I don't blame anyone not wanting to be in the program and venturing to other games. I do love his Goodwill shopping videos.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2020
    He doesnt hold back on his criticism of the packs nor kiss 🐸🐸🐸🐸. He doesnt sugar coat anything and if he feels like the pack is worthy or not he will say so. He talks about gameplay instead gushing over every cas or decor item. They only want to hear positive reviews just to help sales and lgr doesnt do that just be in the good graces of a company.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    He declined to be a game changer, and therefore cannot receive free packs.
  • Options
    He doesnt hold back on his criticism of the packs nor kiss 🌺🌺🌺🌺. He doesnt sugar coat anything and if he feels like the pack is worthy or not he will say so. He talks about gameplay instead gushing over every cas or decor item. They only want to hear positive reviews just to help sales and lgr doesnt do that just be in the good graces of a company.

Yes the CAS and Build Buy mode thing is something that really bothers me. It seems very popular GCs like lilsimsie only care about the buy mode stuff. She will literally watch a trailer and be like oh I like that item! oh I want that one! and fully ignore every gameplay aspect lol. And all those build challenges with every game changer jumping on the train. The Sims ain't no build simulator.
    I mean you can play the game however you want it's your choice, it's the sims afterall but she reviews the packs depending on how many objects from the pack she uses which I find weird for a game changer.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Because he’s honest, and not afraid to tell the truth and give his real opinion.

Either he decided not to sacrifice that for free game codes, or EA are too afraid be truthfully reviewed.

I’m not buying anything to do with the sims until LGR reviews it. I might buy a pack if he slams it, I might not buy a pack even if he loves it, but I know he’ll give a non-biased and real review of the pack. Also, I’m way more influenced by someone’s scathing criticism than the glowy stuff - if they rip it apart but I’m still interested, I’m probably entering my card details before the video ends.

Plus, it’s refreshing to see someone criticise the Sims 4 and EA, it means they’re more invested in the franchise than in making a quick buck by being a Gamechanger. I will say that I have a lot of respect for Plumbella too, for somehow managing to do both.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Because he’s honest, and not afraid to tell the truth and give his real opinion.

Either he decided not to sacrifice that for free game codes, or EA are too afraid be truthfully reviewed.

I’m not buying anything to do with the sims until LGR reviews it. I might buy a pack if he slams it, I might not buy a pack even if he loves it, but I know he’ll give a non-biased and real review of the pack. Also, I’m way more influenced by someone’s scathing criticism than the glowy stuff - if they rip it apart but I’m still interested, I’m probably entering my card details before the video ends.

Plus, it’s refreshing to see someone criticise the Sims 4 and EA, it means they’re more invested in the franchise than in making a quick buck by being a Gamechanger. I will say that I have a lot of respect for Plumbella too, for somehow managing to do both.

I know..
    I am so thankful for him and Plumbella...
    It is refreshing when people see the bull crap .
    I am tried of TS4 reviewers/gamechangers making this game ALL sunshine and rainbows ...
    STOP praising EVERYTHING SINGLE THING that comes out of THIS installment!
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »

Really I've never heard of that

He said this in one of his videos.