Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community lots with eco living question

I don’t have The Eco living EP yet. I was wondering what happens when you have a commercial neighborhood with no residents in it. Does it stay the same? Or, is there something you can do for it to get better or worse?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    So far the other worlds I'm not actively playing are staying neutral, except for the parks. After my sim goes to those locations, the parks will gain a Green footprint. I'm still figuring out what's what in this pack. In build/buy mode they have added some new information to most of the different things you can buy and build with. For example, there are a few green items, not the color, but the green for the green footprint. The same for Industrial. There is something called NAP - Neighborhood Action Plan, this will play a big part on changing up the neighborhood your sim is living. If you do get the pack I strongly suggest you avoid the NAP called "Sharing is Caring", it should instead be called "Theft of Property", because if that one gets implemented, sims will steal anything not tied down till the building is completely empty. So far I have avoided that one.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    The commercial might change over time, but they can't have a Neighborhood Action Plan because that feature requires minimum 1 residential lot. In my game I've noticed restaurants quickly gain industrial footprint, even in hoods with no residential lots. I assume it's the restaurant stoves - which requires dine Out, but still, it's possible to change the footprint, and if it can be changes on each lot, it should eventually affect the hood, too.

Like mentioned Parks easily get green, but normally it takes an active si to visit the lot. Same for mentioned restaurants, only those I actively visited got the footprint changed. And we don't know exactly how long the effect will last, maybe only active time counts, meaning that my restaurants might go back to neutral if I don't stop by again. I did not order food though, so you won't need to perform the polluting stuff, as long as there are NPCs doing that. For the restaurant I assume most appliances are running constantly.

I believe that footprint changes sooner if your content/activity is pro/con the running N.A.P.s. For commercial areas you won't have those plans, so it might take a bit longer or be harder to get a strong and lasting change - no idea :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thank you @LaBlue0314 and @Simmerville
    Can either of you tell me if you can go into a commercial lot and change it to a different footprint anytime you want if it is going in a direction you don’t like? And, does it matter if someone owns that commercial lot ( in terms of a store or restaurant)?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Thank you @LaBlue0314 and @Simmerville
    Can either of you tell me if you can go into a commercial lot and change it to a different footprint anytime you want if it is going in a direction you don’t like? And, does it matter if someone owns that commercial lot ( in terms of a store or restaurant)?

It looks like all lots will have a footprint, owned or not. StrangerVille and destination worlds are said to be opted out of the environment change system.

Sorry I can't help with how to change, but I read there are cheats, if you look up Carl's guide or Sims VIP I'm sure they list cheat codes.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    Thank you @Simmerville
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Another question. I needed the 30 x40 lot for a residential residential so I have copied and pasted the community lot at Grims Quarry on a 30x20 lot. I made sure it was a community lot and its got a voting board on it. But when I enter build mode it has a red triangle on all the different life states. The present state is neutral. What did I do wrong?
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Never mind I found a good tutorial how to set them all up here https://extratime.media/2020/06/06/how-to-set-up-community-space-eco-lifestyle-sims-4/