Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    You know I can't help but point out the contrast in her actions on how she wouldn't mind Dandy exploring her 'shed' and for Morgyn not to. Ahh.. such a real moment there. We show all our flaws to our friends and fam but everyone else we need to hold an idealised version of ourselves. :smile:
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @DeafSimmer
    That's Morgyn for you! Yeah I read it when I was very young too, I can't believe it's positioned as a fairy tale. And you're right, especially with those open glass-less windows she has going on, it's really not ideal.

I have a very limited tolerance for snow. I like it in December, in the run-up to Christmas, and that's it. From january onwards, I'm not interested. I wish real life emulated the Seasons expansion in that respect haha.

Also, I have to catch up with your story. Stella is so gorgeous!

@mercuryfoam
    That's a very good point! She feels completely at ease with Dandelion (I mean, let's face it, she knows he's not going to judge anyway), but with Morgyn, she wants to make a good impression. Ah, the tricks our mind plays on us...
    Chapter 17 outtake
    Morgyn busy admiring their favourite person in the world :D To be fair this almost made it into the chapter.

odUxer7.jpg
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Haha! I love the picture of Morgyn, it's so fitting.
    I'm not sure who to cheer for in the romance department, lol. I like Morgyn's sassiness, but I dislike that they are clearly toying with Cordelia and there is a major power difference between the two characters. Also, Morgyn is very arrogant, which is a big turnoff for me personally, but who knows, maybe it's just all for show, and Cordelia doesn't mind it. I love the friendship between Cordelia and Dandy. I love Dandy's innocence and his playful nature. I think there is more than meets the eye, and he is keeping secrets about his past. I am still on the fence on whether to ship them. I like their friendship, so I'd hate to see that spoiled, and sometimes I enjoy a good friendship story, but I also wouldn't object to something more between them. Also, during the whole Morgyn visitation, I was wondering what Dandy would think of the sage of untamed magic visiting Cordelia's house in the middle of the night, lol. Not sure if he'd be jealous or not. I'll have to wait and see. :)
    edited July 2020
    @lone_cat Haha, I know, made me laugh, so typical :D
    That is completely up to you. It's deliberately written in a way that there's not one obvious pairing to root for. Not to mention you haven't met all of the characters yet. ;) I personally have a few ships, some of them conflicting, so make of that what you will :D

I do have a chapter that's written entirely from Morgyn's POV in the pipeline (I think it's coming around 5 chapters from now), so I suppose you can make your mind up on them from there :)

As for Dandy, he is very precious, which could be a good reason both to root for a romance between him and Cordelia, or on the flip side, a reason not to - you're not wrong about the whole aspect of potentially spoiling things.
    These two chapters were originally intended to be a single update, but I've split them out since it was getting a tad long... Figured I'd still post them at the same time anyway, so... double update time!

Chapter: 18 Old Times

xzP5gsb.jpg

Chapter 19: Easily Distracted

z4g875a.jpg
    @DeafSimmer
    I'm pretty sure Cordelia wants to see Morgyn, considering she's using the coin to call them :) L Faba she could do without, for sure. But I don't see her wanting to leave Glimmerbrook, it's the first time she's managed to make friends, so I can't imagine she'd want to just leave what she's managed to build with Dandy and Grace.

Not to mention she's still pretty broke, and it's not like she could build a shed in the city, so if she was to move somewhere like that she'd probably have to live in a dumpster! :D
    They worked very well on their own as standalone chapters :) makes me want more!
    And aaah! the cliffhanger
    ! :s
    It's like Christmas in July. :)
    I forgot to mention it in my WP comment, but I loved seeing Windenburg all decorated for Winterfest. I've always thought Windenburg is the perfect place for Winterfest. I could totally imagine horse-drawn sleigh rides while sipping warm beverages. Sounds so nice and cozy, lol.

Anyway. I can't wait for some more viewpoints, and what will be revealed! The sages really intrigue me, and I want to know more.

And Cordelia is really lucky to have both Dandy and Grace as friends. I think they are both decent people and want the best for Cordelia.
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    Two chapters, spoiling us. 😁
    I am reading a lot of stories at the moment but yours is one of the only ones I click on straight away when there's an update and the only one I re-read looking for clues. I'm so intrigued by what these sages are up to and I love all your characters. Plus your light humour and smooth dialogue makes it all so much fun to read. Still makes me mad to see Cordelia's empty windows though. Poor girl; someone must have some glass lying around somewhere for her. 😂
    Now I'm waiting on tenterhooks to see what comes out the fireplace...
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    @mercuryfoam Thank you! I figured they'd work as standalone chapters but decided to be nice and post them both at the same time.
    Of course, if I was nicer I would have saved the double update for later to release 19 and 20 at the same time instead... but I'm not that nice :D

@lone_cat Haha I have weird tendency to write about seasonally irrelevant holidays all the time... you're welcome :D
    I agree, it's a perfect place for Christmas markets and the like. When I was placing the lots, there was actually an ice skating rink right behind the the market too in one of those areas outside the buildable lots that randomly pop up with seasons, but it decided to disappear when I changed lots. But yeah, definitely the ideal place to be festive and sip on hot chocolate and mulled wine!

And yes, more viewpoints coming soon(ish) - including some that may surprise you haha!

I agree about Grace and Dandy, they're both very different but but look out for her in their own ways, so it offers her some much needed perspective.

@SnuffyBucket
    Oh wow, thank you so much, I don't deserve such high praise!

Lol, I know! I mean, she technically has wooden shutters, so that's something :D
    @ThePlumbob ooh yes. I have found Plumbob's true face in the Bloomer legacy. I'm on to you and your shenanigans now :wink::tongue:
    @mercuryfoam Lol I don't know what you're talking about :D The Bloomer Legacy is intended to be much more warm and fuzzy than this one, not sure if that offers you a lot of reassurance 😂

The Bloomer generation you're reading is a bit on the gloomier side, but the overarching message of the Bloomers is meant to be heartwarming haha! I just can't guarantee a happy ending for every character. That applies here too (minus the heartwarming part *hides in a bush like Cordelia*)
    @ThePlumbob no worries I will just flood you with my oh-so-emotive and sophisticated language then. It's what little I can do to give back. Nyehehe. :naughty:
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 17
    I like how there’s hints of romance with both Dandy and Morgyn (though Morgyn is the more obvious one by far) without either of them becoming a thing. This way, we get to ship who we want and speculate about the future! =D I’m rooting for Dandy, but Morgyn seems to be the one Cordelia has the most chemistry with. Or physical attraction, at least.

Chapter 18
    Looks like that fireplace did end up saving Cordelia from freezing to death! Honestly, love, you need to look after yourself better. Not even adding windows while you know winter is on its wat is just asking for hardship. Use that salary from the magic shop and go buy some proper windows already! xD

Chapter 19
    Interesting how that little bit of information from Grace turned Cordelia’s relationship with Morgyn into something ominous immediately. I wonder what happened to Tomax. The plot thickens!

Also, your recent chapters really make me want to play the sims again. You know, instead of just taking pictures for story purposes. Seasons was my favourite expansion pack, and the holidays were so much fun to play through. Winterfest, harvestfest and the easter egg festival especially.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited July 2020
    @_sims_Yimi Hello! <3

Yeah, this is a choose your own ship adventure. Until it isn't, I guess :D You're right, Cordelia currently seems to ship herself with Morgyn, but does she know what's good for her? We shall see B)

Home improvements may be in order, but she is still so broke haha!

Ominous? Around these parts? I don't know what you're implying o:) Seriously though, the way you guys are talking, you'd think Tomax is stashed somewhere in Morgyn's basement :D I can promise he's alive and well, lol!

Seasons is my favourite EP too, hence the number of holidays going on in the story haha! I just miss the festivals from TS3, they were the best!
    Which is where the Spooky Day fair inspiration came from for sure!

I will likely curb things somewhat after Winterfest so that Cordelia's life isn't just a neverending galore of holiday themes :D
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited July 2020
    @ThePlumbob
    Seasons is my favourite EP too, hence the number of holidays going on in the story haha! I just miss the festivals from TS3, they were the best!
    Now that brings me back. Those were so much fun. I remember the apple bopping and the pie eating booth and the pumpkin patch with halloween. Oh! And they had a love festival too I think. And neighbourhood wide egg searching. Aw man, now I want to play TS3 again xD I wonder if the next game will give us back open worlds. It was one of the best things about the game.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited July 2020
    @_sims_Yimi Ooh yes, the pumpkin patch and apple bobbing were the best! I think the open world had its positives and negatives, I wouldn't mind if they met down the middle for whatever the next generation of sims games is!

Anywho, time for another chapter (sorry that you've wound up getting tagged in this through the TS3 talk Yimi, since I'm fairly positive you will hate this one :D )

Let's find out what happened after Cordelia tossed the coin into the fire...

Chapter 20: Productive

i3G2Jca.jpg
    @DeafSimmer
    She's getting into something, that's for sure. Time will tell what exactly it is...
    Ah, good old Morgyn, up to their games again. I think there are other motivations behind Morgyn's character besides toying with Cordelia. I think they probably do want to figure out what is going with the sprites, whether it is for their own benefit or Cordelia's, who's to say. I am really interested to find out more. :)
    Dang Cordelia is sooo smitten by Morgyn. She needs to learn to set boundaries for herself. Hopefully that's what she learns out of this. I'm coming from the mindset that she'll get hurt again, what with Morgyn's wishywashy attitude.