Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    Haha yes I wondered what you'd make of the gnomification since I've had this written for quite some time 😆 I suppose this is a confirmation that L Faba could potentially have the means of creating her own gnome army, should it ever come to a confrontation between the two of you. Though she is definitely lacking in the scythe department 😂

Yes, things are getting progressively more complicated for more and more people... And you're right, all that's put this in motion in the first place was the tiniest thing... but isn't that how it always goes?
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited August 2020
    I love Dandelion and to see how he without ulterior motives wants to save his friend <3
    L.Faba apparently has a kind of heart when it comes to Dandelion and she definitely saves him from doing something really stupid!
    Cool to see how the little Vampire Queen is transformed into a gnome ... not even a vampire can challenge a wizard with impunity :joy:
    But I immediately get a creepy feeling that it does not diminish her malice against poor Cordelia :#
  • Options
    lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Haha! I didn't see Verena being turned into a gnome, but this can't end well once she's de-gnomified. I'm wondering if Simeon will have to get involved now, since the vampires will have a vendetta against the magic realm. Oh man, Morgyn and L Faba poked a hornet's nest one too many times.

It warms my heart that Dandy wanted to rescue Cordelia, even though he didn't really have the means to do so, other than L Faba, which didn't go so well. Hopefully, Verena doesn't take out her anger on Cordelia.
  • Options
    @MonaSolstraale
    Dandelion definitely didn't think of any dangers to himself at all and just wanted to help his friend. Unfortunately, in a situation like this one, that is not the wisest approach.

You're right, L Faba is not heartless, especially when it comes to those she cares for. She definitely cares about Dandelion a lot. If she cared less her exchange with Verena may have gone better - but then L Faba probably wouldn't have gone there in the first place.

Wise words! You might be right there...

@DeafSimmer
    L Faba definitely had a part to play, although I wouldn't say it's solely her fault, or that she even started it - technically Morgyn did get the ball rolling. And of course, if Cordelia hadn't been reckless and pursued them, there would still be no issue either - even if Forgotten Hollow wasn't dangerous to her, what would that trio have achieved. So Morgyn, L Faba and Cordelia are all to blame for the current state of affairs. I don't think any of them could have imagined the extent of what their actions combined would do...

@lone_cat
    Who knows, maybe Verena is secretly really easy-going and forgiving? Hahahaha I can't... 😆 Yes, this is an even bigger mess than before. But you're right, on the bright side we did get to see Dandy truly cares for Cordelia, and even see a touch more caring side of L Faba... but boy did it all backfire.
  • Options
    Today's chapter is loaded... Word-count wise we've had longer ones, but a lot goes down, and there's a whopping 98 images (apparently I went a bit overboard).

Oh, also, after this chapter I can actually offer some new songs!

Chapter 30: Out of Hand

rv2gUCD.jpg
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    Woops, I just realized what a behemoth of a comment I left on your wordpress. Sorry for that. :D But I want to stress again just how much Verena being turned into a tiny gnome reaper amuses me. :D:#
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Wow! It was exciting .... very exciting! B)
    Micah chooses to challenge Alba and wins the match. I think he has now acquired some serious enemies.
    Hopefully Cordelia is safe now ... but who knows if a war will now break out between the Magic Realm and the Vampires. No one can feel safe now :#

So Morgyn is hiding on a traumatic past. Too powerful forces in a child's body.
    Is it the mother who dies in the fire?

Morgyn's glimpses from youth make me curious....
    L. Faba looks so young and carefree :)
    The jungle?
    .... I'm full of questions now :joy:
    Fantastic story! <3

NB: I love the color filter you put over your photos to enhance a mood :love:
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer
    That's a good question! No, I don't imagine they would have known. The parents themselves were completely non-magical.

@_sims_Yimi
    Never apologise for behemoth comments <3 I love those, they are most definitely encouraged. Extra servings of pancakes and all that.

What's that, you like reaper gnomes? I would have never known :D;)

@MonaSolstraale Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    You're right, Delphine may find the situation humorous, but I doubt Alba and Verena will.

Exactly. Powers too strong for a child to know how to contain without guidance. I suppose Morgyn doesn't know for sure who died in the fire, having ran away, although judging by the size of it I'm not sure anybody will have made it out.

Yes, young L Faba was quite different from how we know her now. And the jungle probably has a fair few secrets :)

Thank you! I thought I needed to distinguish them in some way, given how we "accessed" the memories.

• Options
    Oh yay, new songs! Let's see, there are so many to choose from. I don't know what to pick, so whatever ones you want to share. :)

I loved all the pictures. There can never be too many pictures. :)
    I'm glad Cordelia is okay, and Micah was the one to rescue her. For a moment I was worried he was going to drink from her. But he probably won't score any brownie points with Verena. Lol, and she's still a gnome. I am liking the vampire coven and their personalities. Alba is kind of batty and I love it, and Delphine has a sense of humor. I hope we get to see more of them.

And I have more sympathy for Morgyn. It was nice to see a more vulnerable side to them.

And now I'm really curious what the ruins might mean.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Oh yes, I almost forgot about the songs! All of the songs I have to share are actually Micah songs (which is fair, since we didn't get any for him last time).

Micah and Cordelia - specifically relating to this chapter (this is also the "theme tune" of the last few chapters)
    Micah and Morgyn - specifically relating to the duelling grounds portion of today's chapter
    Micah and Verena (although the male and female parts should really be swapped)

@lone_cat Thank you :) Definitely a slight overkill on the pictures, but it was needed this time around. Not going to do this to myself in every chapter though haha!
    I did leave it a little ambiguous with Micah initially. Evil, I know :D Although at least I didn't break this chapter into two for once :) The vamps are definitely fun. Though I bet Cordelia wouldn't share your enthusiasm at the prospect of seeing them again haha!

I wasn't sure if this chapter would make people hate Morgyn even more or make people be more sympathetic of them. I bet the sympathy won't last though, as Morgyn will inevitably continue to be Morgyn :D Not that Morgyn wants sympathy anyway. Or so they'd have you believe.

There's probably something worth knowing in those ruins. Maybe.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    My comment was supposed to be way longer. Like, there's Delphine talking about Verena. Haha I can't wait to see Verena enraged. (Please don't let her die to her emotions lol.) I want to talk about Lfaba the teen, Morgyn's mom, and his adversary but GAH I'm SO distracted. Your fault obviously. :astonished:

And yay new songs!
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam
    Probably a good job it wasn't longer, since I wrote you an essay back in return on my WP reply - I apologise I went on such a tangent, but you touched on some interesting points, so you get to deal with my blurbage overload, oops!

Well the good thing about Verena being in a child form is that she can't die of emotional deaths, I think those only kick in at YA, probably to avoid all teens dying of embarrassment :)

I'm somewhat obsessed with teen L Faba - she's very pretty and you know me and my sim vanity :D
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    Chapter 31
    I have to wonder what Faba was expecting to happen, by constantly rejecting Cordelia and trying to force/manipulate/cajole Dandy away from her. I feel no pity for her whatsoever, but still. Doesn’t seem like she has a lot of friends, either. I wonder if Dandelion is (was?) the only one.

Those pyramids have gotta be important. A place of power... I wonder what Morgyn meant by that. What kind of power? The memory came after dueling the previous sage, so it came after they were powerful enough to defeat her… I think. Is the previous sage there? Or perhaps it is some powerful weapon? A tome? A leyline where magic is amplified? Oooooh, the possibilities. And hidden behind layers and layers of traps, no doubt. I wonder if the story will take us there soon…

Soooooo do we have an angry child vampire screaming from her coffin yet, or is Verena still a gnome, I wonder? xD
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Silent reader incoming. I just finished reading every chapter up until now and I must say: I love this story! I'm not the person to always react on things, but just so you know, I'm here, I'm reading and I think you're doing fantastic ^^
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer
    L Faba is... complicated. In any case she does have emotions of course, especially when it comes to Dandelion.

And thanks! I felt like everybody needed a nap after the recent events :)

@_sims_Yimi
    Very good point! I suppose we don't really know enough about L Faba's relationships, but we do know she is attached to Dandelion. You're right though, it's not like she could have really received much different of an outcome with him the way things have been going.

Some good theories about the pyramids, although I can say absolutely nothing in response to any of them. Which is a very boring response, I know! All in due course :)

I'm hoping she's still a gnome if anything to give Delphine a bit of a giggle :D

@Skeilah

Thank you for reading, and for taking the time to say hi :) That's so lovely of you to say. If you ever want to break your silence some more, you know where to find me, but absolutely no worries if not - I'm glad you are enjoying the ride! :)
  • Options
    I'm now really curious about L Faba's and Dandy's past and how the tree got there in the first place, or how they discovered it. I'm guessing something went down between the elves, Dandy and L Faba. I'm still thinking that maybe they were exiled, or maybe L Faba rescued Dandy from a bad situation. She is very protective of him. Or are they related somehow? They never mention it, so I don't know if that is a possibility. Just speculations, no need to confirm or deny them. :)

And Morgyn is going to cause problems between their love interests. My sympathy is diminishing for them. That is kind of slap in the face to Cordelia building a house for Micah right next to her little shack. Now I kind of want Cordelia and Micah to become romantically involved just to make Morgyn jealous, lol. I really don't see that happening, but I could be wrong, it's too early to tell. And Morgyn would probably just find another person to torment.
  • Options
    @lone_cat
    I'm enjoying the speculation. The only thing I can comment on is that L Faba does definitely get very protective of Dandy. And that the dynamic is indeed shifting from his side now.

Lol I had a feeling the wave of sympathy for Morgyn may be shortlived :D Although, did Morgyn ever say the new house was exclusively for Micah?
  • Options
    Haha, no, you are right. Morgyn didn't really say who it was for. Maybe Morgyn wants to have the three of them share the house. Only time will tell. :)
  • Options
    I just had to sleep before I was ready to write a comment...
    It's like all the writers I follow had chosen to publish another episode yesterday.
    It's almost too much to take in at once or I'm just too emotional :flushed:
    But I love this magical tale and I am full of unanswered questions <3
    I have left a comment in your block.
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @ThePlumbob I'll jump by sometimes ;p I'm a huuuuuge Morgyn Ember fan so seeing them in a story itself already made me happy :P
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    @lone_cat
    Lol! One happy family haha!

@MonaSolstraale
    Oops :D I guess Fridays feel like a good day for updates :D Feel free to take your time, and thanks for reading :)

@Skeilah As am I! Even though I'm inadvertently making everyone hate them, oops :D