Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Aww, this was an awkward but cute chapter. :)
    I still think Morgyn is toying with or testing Cordelia. Cordelia, poor girl, she's got the hots for Morgyn, but they are giving her mixed signals. I'm not sure what their intentions are, but they totally led Cordelia on, lol. Morgyn, what did you think was going to happen, you took her to a romance festival? :D
    And it was cute that Dandelion saved the day, he's a good friend, or is there something more there? 🀨
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @mercuryfoam LOL Feel free to scream, this is a safe place :D I do love me some awkwardness - though even I did not anticipate the levels of it going in, I do apologise :D

@DeafSimmer You're right, I think she needs to figure out who she is herself first of all!
    But I'm glad you are open-minded when it comes to her romantic pursuits, we'll see where things take her!

@lone_cat I can't help it, I love awkward moments (I guess you would have gathered that from my comments on your story :) )
    I'm loving the speculation! I can say you are definitely right about Cordelia being smitten with Morgyn, more than I expected to be honest. She kept making googley eyes and standing far too close to them the entire time I was playing through this - personal space, sheesh! :D I can't comment on the rest :)
    We catch up with Cordelia the morning after her Romance Festival blunder.

Chapter 10: Revelations

Z0wgHK2.jpg
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @ThePlumbob You're making me like Dandy even more. <3
    @mercuryfoam @DeafSimmer I'm glad you guys are liking Dandelion, he kind of managed to steal my heart, that pesky elf :)

Thank you for reading!
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    I vote we all go have pancakes with Dandelion. He's too precious. <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi I second that! Not that you're playing favourites or anything :D

@ThePlumbob Favourites? Me? Psch, never!
    *shoos Morgyn away a little more* No pancakes for you, no siiiirreeeee.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi :D Spoiler alert: All Morgyn is after is pancakes. You heard it here first, folks :#
    edited July 2020
    I've got to admit this is not the most eventful of chapters, hopefully you enjoy nonetheless!

Chapter 11: Potions

NvwbdYc.jpg
    You chapter photos always look so pretty :blush:
    I like how Cordelia slowly seems to be finding her place in Glimmerbrook. Grace is a really cool co-worker and looks like she would make for a good friend, too. Morgyn is a muppet, but on the flipside of that, there's Dandelion. And the sprites even went away by themselves, this time! I wonder if they left because Cordelia was ignoring them, or if they left because they saw that she was happy. Maybe it's both.
    I wonder if there's a way to talk to them? Then again, if there is, they'd probably never shut up again, so maybe that's not the wisest course of action :D
    Nice chapter. Cordelia deserved some happy time after the rollercoaster from last chapter. :sweat_smile: I wonder, though, did Dandy end up eating all of those pancakes by himself?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Thank you! A part of me wishes I'd gone for a different font because some of the letters are almost impossible to read - I've even changed some of the chapter names because of it haha
    You're right, Cordelia is starting to make a little life for herself there, I'm happy for her :) Good question! They seem to understand human interactions to some degree, so it's probably not too much of a stretch from that to say they have a language of their own. Whether we want to know what they're thinking (if they have thoughts, that is!) is another question!

Haha he probably did. Dandelion's diet probably isn't the best haha, I reckon he just ate pancakes the entire day. I suppose he and Arthur would bond over their mutual love of desserts lol - you know, if Dandelion wasn't all magical and therefore allowed in Camelot. No way I'd be letting him go anywhere near somewhere that dangerous for him! :)
    @ThePlumbob Font looks lovely and legible to me, though I've never had a problem reading cursive writing. (Comes with the job really.) And I agree your chapter photos are such highlights. I actually look forward to them. I really should learn how to make those. But my to do list is too long for now. And your latest chapter is such a calming read. I can feel all my tension ebbing away <3:smile:
    @mercuryfoam Thank you! Some of the letters really don't look like what they're supposed to be at all, but I try to avoid those - I guess a little extra challenge :D I'm glad you like the little chapter teasers though, they are fun to make :) And happy that you (and Cordelia) got to relax a little! :)
    We learn a bit more about Dandelion today.

Chapter 12: The Hollow Pumpkin

6vB56ro.jpg
    Chapter 12:
    I think that this may be one of your best chapters yet! Your background bit of kid Cordelia carving pumpkins and the glimpse into Dandelion's loneliness were really, really well-written. It genuinely made my heart ache for both of them. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for things like this, haha. I like the symbolism in the title, too. "The hollow pumpkin". Very well chosen <3
    Now, Cordelia... GO TO THE 🐸🐸🐸🐸 FAIR WITH HIM. GO. DON'T YOU DARE NOT GO!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Heyy there! <3
    I really like Captain Dandy! :wink: I hope he dresses up for the fair! This chapter is so needed because this whole time Dandy's been supporting Cordelia and now she's going out of her way to make him happy. Way to go girl! I'm so happy with this development.
    @ThePlumbob
    I bet that before Cordelia and Dandelion met each other, the elf had probably always been the only one in Sylvan Glade.

Omg, that would be so sad. I sure hope not. :'(
    Thank you guys for reading! :)

@DeafSimmer
    It's possible! Though we do know that at some point in time, L Faba would have been there with her leopard print tent... So there's that at least!

@_sims_Yimi
    Thank you so much! Yes the two have a lot in common, whether they realise it or not. They're good for each other, I think :) And I'm glad you like the title, I have the hardes time naming chapters (or naming things in general haha!)

@mercuryfoam
    Oh I'm glad you've pointed that out, you're absolutely right. Up until now, their relationship has been pretty one-sided with Dandelion giving and Cordelia taking all the time. Not that I think that was deliberate on her part, like you said in your WP comment, she's not really had a great deal of friendships in her life so she's only figuring those things out now! Either way it is nice for thee tables to turn a bit :)

So the bad news is Dandy is not dressing up for the fair, but the good news is you might still like what he'll be wearing haha!
    Dandelion and Cordelia set off for the Magic Realm fair.

Chapter 13: Friends and Foes

qTRuSZ2.jpg
    Chapter 13
    I must say, Dandy looks mighty cute in his pirate hat! :smiley: I like how his ears are still visible underneath it without clipping.
    Looks like Cordelia has a bad habit of mouthing off against things that can potentially kill her. I'd probably want to do the same in her shoes, but dang, girl, calm down and think rationally. That's twice now that you've challenged a powerful spellcaster, and twice that you've escaped with your life. There might not be a third time. :sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi It really suits him! And yes it was a perfect fit for the ears haha!
    You're completely right! She can get really impulsive without thinking of the consequences - definitely a habit to "thank" the sprites for! It would definitely be in her interest to wise up, with her luck she will end up getting into more sticky situations for sure. In my head she has TS3 Unlucky trait. Though I suppose the way that trait worked if memory serves me right, grim wouldn't reap those if they died prematurely because he found their misfortune entertaining, right? So she has that going for her I guess, lol!

@DeafSimmer
    That would be useful - but technically, in the setting of the story Cordelia has no magical powers, in spite of the motes - like Grace said a few chapters back, you'd need all three sages to be in agreement for you to ascend to become a spellcaster, which... good luck to her with that, haha! At least grace has taught her some potions, though!

And yes, I can imagine them being a cute couple for sure! But I can see things going in all sorts of ways >:)