Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Ch 48
    I wonder if the old sage asked of Simeon's opinion as a deflection or if there's anything deeper to it. She's been non-commital from the start. Her mentioning Simeon is the only thing that's slightly different, if at all from the tone of her speech. :sweat_smile:

Is the cave Forgotten Grotto? I'm kinda admiring it... (lol me and my dodge)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited October 2020
    @DeafSimmer
    You're absolutely right, she's experiencing survivors guilt, in combination with the trauma of the death of her moth that she's been avoiding for years. Maybe it's a good thing all these emotions are coming out.

@mercuryfoam
    Interesting hypothesis. It would stand to reason that she perceives each of the remaining sages differently, based on what we've seen. There's actually a lot of information hidden in her words, but she speaks in riddles, so who really knows what she means... we'll learn a bit more about her soon!

It is Forgotten Grotto! I was looking for a cave on the gallery and then it ocurred to me we already have one - didn't really want all the crystals and the waterfront, but it's big enough that you can find spots that just make it look like any old cave :)
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob
    Ahh okay. So she's like the sphinx in HP's death maze. I'd be the first to perish in that maze tbh. I'm too straightforward for riddles so I'm afraid I'm completely clueless on how to interpret the old Sage's words. :joy:
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @mercuryfoam
    Not to worry, she's not really giving you enough pieces of the puzzle to form anything conclusive at this point. She's not really the type to share her secrets - a common trait for sages, it would seem :)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    My WordPress profile is teasing so I write my comment here...
    I love the way Cordelia and Micah take care of each other <3

Cordelia begins to develop new sides of herself. Cool! .... maybe in time she can take over the post as the Sage of untamed magic?
    Even if this means .... Morgyn will not be back :bawling:
    No! That will never be her goal.

Is it the mixture or is it her sixth sense that tells Cordelia that they should take the back door? That prevents Grace from meeting Micah. Once again, she influences Micah's fate.
    I still think they can work miracles together :smile:
  • Options
    @MonaSolstraale Pesky Wordpress!
    Ha, Cordelia was quite inventive here, but she is not a spellcaster, she just remembered the motes and used them as a one-off solution :) To actually ascend to a spellcaster, all three sages would need to grant her approval - the chances of that are rather slim given the current circumstances. But even if she did become a spellcaster, for someone to then be propelled straight into a sage would be unheard of :) But you're right, it's unlikely that's something she would want to strive for in the first place.

Good question! Whatever the case, it did mean they avoided the encounter like you said. Whether they have enough going for them for a miracle remains to be seen...

• Options
    @DeafSimmer
    I'm not so sure Cordelia is ready to even accept Morgyn's death at the moment, let alone move on to dating other people.
  • Options
    Today, we learn how the former sage responds to the voodoo doll...

• Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    Chapter 50
    *angry rant against Morgyn*

Okay, now that that's over and done with - what on earth happened to Simeon? Who mind-controlled him? And how did the other sages not notice? Or did they notice, and did they just choose to ignore it? That was the biggest question mark I had at the end of this chapter. Along with a bunch of swears aimed at Morgyn, haha. Also, I really like Haruka. Her sass has me cackling every time. She doesn't seem to be mean-spirited like L Faba, either. Or maybe it's just her years having smoothed the edges and it's a more subtle condescension now.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi
    I have my money on LFaba and her voodoo doll.

@ThePlumbob
    I hope we get to see the previous sage's pov. Her sudden change of heart is strange. Unless she planned to from the start and was taking them both for a ride for the sake of it.. If that's it, I don't get mischief sages at all lol...
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    I love the last picture. Cordelia looks so crushed and Micah's eyes follow Cordelia and not Morgyn.
    So heartwarming. Somehow it seals their relationship <3
  • Options
    lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Yay, I'm all caught up again. :)
    I feel bad for Simeon; he was expressing some pretty good reasons not to bring Morgyn back, and yet someone just shuts him up with mind control. Who did that? My bets are on either Haruka or L Faba. I like Haruka, but I think she might have ulterior motives.
  • Options
    Took my time replying this time, sorry guys!

@DeafSimmer
    Well, I suppose it was quite likely - the chapter title here is at least partly self-aware haha.

@_sims_Yimi
    A lot of beings with powers in that room, so could have been anyone. Well, probably not Cordelia :D

What, mean-spirited, L Faba? Never! :D Haruka has been an influence in L Faba's life (hard to say if for better or for worse at this point), we will get a couple of glimpses of that in the future.

@mercuryfoam
    What are you betting? :)

Ah, those mischief sages are a strange bunch, aren't they? I don't have a POV chapter as such planned for Haruka, but we will get to see a bit more of her, including a couple of flashbacks - can't guarantee it will answer your questions, though.

@MonaSolstraale
    I quite like that picture too.

@lone_cat
    Poor Simeon, all he wants is what's best for the realm, but nothing ever seems to go his way.

So much betting going on. Haruka having ulterior motives, eh? Interesting, interesting.
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    First of all apologies I haven't commented on your recent chapters. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them- on the contrary I loved every single chapter and each update def made my day better :D

Anyway I'm posting my comments on the last three chapters together here, as they are kinda related lol sorry for the tome 😅
    My first impression when I saw the old sage was that she would rather be the mischief sage, not the untamed one. Maybe it was the obvious preference for purple, the smug smile, or in general that she seemed rather amused about the whole situation than annoyed? Anyway I was delighted to see that I was right :grin: (why did the kids expect to find the untamed sage? I kinda missed that)
    When she said that Cory may not know what she's asking for by reviving Morgyn, I kept wondering if there was something behind it. There must be a reason why reviving dead people is forbidden besides "don't play god" ? So at first I expected Morgyn would return as some sort of zombie- but they did not ... 😔😔 so what's the deal? Old sage doesn't seem to like Morgyn, but that would not justify that remark.

Micah's suicide thoughts worry me... I'm actually glad for once Cory is so needy, and gets in the way of his suicide plans once again v.v She should do that more often, maybe he'll give up 😏
    Also I'm finally glad about more cave bonding time, slowly they may help each other heal their wounds.

The scene in the shop was such a nice surprise. I always love when Cory finally gets out of her sad-mode and has some confidence and excitement to create something. And I liked that Micah got a chance to see this side of her too. It's def one to fall in love with 😉😉 Now if Cory could only see herself through his eyes once... well maybe a few more portions of that luck potions would help her! It does give some confidence boost for sure.

The voodoo doll is confusing. I have the impression that it is bound to Cory, so that's why it hurt her. Or did the old sage just bind it to her temporarily? But then it looks like the same doll was used on Simeon by Faba?

The ritual was confusing too... why did they have to revive both sages of the untamed? Was there hope that the previous sage would return instead of Morgyn? (I'd certainly like to see that o.o) Nevertheless Morgyn made short work of her 😔 and I wonder if it was the only purpose of the Lama statue to empower him while being dead? Which raises a lot of other questions:
    That would mean Morgyn planned his death (for what reason? To make Cory feel more indebted to them? Or was this the only chance to get rid of the old untamed sage once and for all??), and also that would mean that the sole purpose of going to the temple was not to help out Cory, but - literally - kill their own demons.

Now with Simeon actually being v against Morgyn holding the position as a sage, ofc I hope that he (and maybe Faba too) would look for a better suitable match. It would be nice to see Morgyn being forced to retire 😁😁 (they wouldn't go easy ofc)

Ah and that ending--- it reminded me again why I can't stand Morgyn so much. I hate how they talked to Cory + Micah, literally like to a dog that did its taught tricks well 😒 And I'm kinda sad they returned so soon. Def enjoyed the two kids doing stuff on their own, for a change. 😫
    Even if it was to get Morgyn back! But who knows, maybe this short time alone may have changed Cory and Micah just enough to get out of Morgyn's grip, after all.....

Also, happy birthday - much much too late! I hope you had a great day and pampered yourself 🤗🎉✨
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @candycottonchu No need to apologise at all, and wow, thank you for this amazing novel of a comment, wow <3
    Haruka definitely screams mischief, I'm glad people had her pegged for the mischief sage from the get go.
    why did the kids expect to find the untamed sage?
    Cordelia and Micah definitely jumped the gun assuming she was the untamed magic sage. I think they reached that conclusion because that was the sage that was missing, so they probably assumed that would be the one needed to join the ritual - rather than just any former sage. Plus Cordelia was vaguely aware about a former untamed magic sage who's fate was unclear so her mind jumped to that.
    When she said that Cory may not know what she's asking for by reviving Morgyn, I kept wondering if there was something behind it. There must be a reason why reviving dead people is forbidden besides "don't play god" ?
    It's not forbidden, necessarily, after all, Morgyn talked about that spell before. It is typically reserved for the sage of untamed magic, however.

As to why Haruka was hesitant about performing the spell, there are a few reasons. One of those does stem from the whole playing god thing you mention (those who pursue mischief magic generally are comfortable with different types of spells than those who follow the untamed school). Another is that she knew that the other sage of untamed magic will be making an appearance - both her and Simeon referenced "expecting" her.

But you're right that there is another reason beyond those things, but more on that later...
    they may help each other heal their wounds.
    Now if Cory could only see herself through his eyes once...
    That's something that would probably benefit both of them, seeing themselves through the eyes of the other one. They're both quite harsh on themselves, and way more generous with the other person. But I doubt there's a potion for that...
    The voodoo doll is confusing. I have the impression that it is bound to Cory, so that's why it hurt her.
    Wasn't necessarily bound to anyone, it hurt Cordelia because she didn't know how to use it.

As for the rest of your questions and speculations, I can't really answer or comment on those, but you will get an answer to most of those in the story, I think :)
    Ah and that ending--- it reminded me again why I can't stand Morgyn so much.
    Haha I'm not surprised. I definitely wanted to make sure that Morgyn was very Morgyn from the moment they were back. I did promise you they were not getting a personality transplant, after all :mrgreen:
    Thank you! I did have a really nice time, it was a chill one, but that's fine by me :)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Time for Cordelia and Micah to rest after the madness of the last few days... or is it?

• Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    Chapter 51
    We need more dangerous beasties for the Morgyn wildlife pit. I'm thinking manticores. As well as a soft newspaper to whack Cordelia with.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer
    Haha, throuple, what a great word. Morgyn is definitely keen on keeping them both. Time will tell whether that will work for Cordelia (and Micah, I suppose).

@_sims_Yimi
    I have a feeling the manticores might end up chewing up the newspaper. I mean, my puppy already does that, with manticores, there will probably be very little newspaper left to whack Cordelia with...
  • Options
    lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Chapter 51
    I feel like Morgyn is showing off more than ever. I guess beating death went to their head and they think they have power over death. Grimmie needs to come back and revoke their get-out-of-the-afterlife-free-card. I am also feeling very anxious about Morgyn having that relic, no good can come from Morgyn having even more power to throw around when they want.
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @ThePlumbob Chill birthdays are the best birthdays anyway, at least in my oppinion :D
    thanks for clearing up some stuff! And yeah I'm v curious about Haruka's other reasons to decline first, and also, what made her change her mind, after all. It's either bc resurrection is not that bad, after all, or is she enjoying the possible negative consequences? Whatever it may be, I like her a lot :smirk:
    I seem to have a thing for mischief sages haha. Funny bc that branch always seemed the least interesting to me.
    I did promise you they were not getting a personality transplant, after all :mrgreen:
    and I admire you for keeping the character consistency! Though I have to agree with @lone_cat ; coming back from the death and manipulating a whole bunch of people to help them with it- if that doesn't get to your head, nothing will :smirk:

Also a random thought popped in my head. It's clear that Morgyn wouldn't give up anything for Cory for her benefit.
    But Micah seems to care for Cory, but not rly much for Morgyn (romantically) - would he quit his romantic involvement with them for Cory, so he at least wouldn't hurt her?
  • Options
    @lone_cat
    Yes, I can imagine cheating death would definitely give someone an ego boost. If Morgyn's ego can inflate any more, that is :D

@candycottonchu
    Looks like mischief sages have a certain quality, haha. We'll be seeing Haruka again.

Morgyn has a very strong character "voice" in my head, I couldn't write them differently if I wanted to. For better or for worse, lol.

Interesting prediction! Unlike Cordelia, Micah doesn't really wear his heart on his sleeve, so harder to tell what he's feeling. He's going to be featured a fair bit in the next two chapters, so I suppose that might shed some light on his thoughts.