Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Space Question

What if I just want a Maker Space placed down in Oasis Springs? I don't need or want the regular community space, marketplace, or Community Garden. Is this possible? Or should I just zone the lot to be a park or generic? I want a place where my sim can go craft until she can afford to buy her own crafting contraptions (recycler, candle station, and fabricator) in Oasis Springs. Ideas appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If you don't want the Sims to change the type of area it would be I would suggest setting it up as a park. That way anything you put in will not be changed out if the sims vote to have it changed to something else. I haven't gotten too far into gameplay with this pack, but so far that is what I am finding.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    My experience with this is limited, but so far, my Sim was the only one that voted for the community space, so she turned it into a maker space on the first Monday. Then the next weekend no-one voted. So if you manage to gather 10 influence and play a couple of days you have your desired community space.
    Alternatively, you can use cheats to set the lot to the version you want.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Maybe I can create a small art gallery. Well, I'll label it as an art gallery but also have a space there where sims can create and bring their recycables. Hmm...ideas are flowing...lol.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    You can of course use the Maker objects on any lot, but there is no Maker lot category, neither the Marketplace category, which I really wanted as a separate feature.

I have seen NPCs using the recycling machine in a park, but I assume a Community Space lot would be more active and attract NPCs in a more focused way. In my game I'm mostly interested in my active sims having access to those items on community lots, and for that there is no limits. So, I'll be happy if my sim can use the Maker station even if all other sims on the lot will rather bbq or play chess.

I hope EA will add Marketplace, Maker and Community garden as separate lot categories.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I have added plants and sales tables and to the maker space in my neighbourhood and was happy to see other sims come and water my plants and sell stuff on the tables. I have also added a couple of easels, a paintings display frame, a busker's station, vending machine and microwave, pumpkin station, woodworking table and flower arranging station. There was a maker mentor sim who was unlocking all kinds of patterns for my other playable sims to make on the fabricator. Out of all these other items added, only the busker's station, flower arranging and pumpkin craving table were not used autonomously by other sims. Other vending stalls also work fine on the lot, I had two placed on the lot at the same time. I also placed a dumpster and my sim could dive for stuff. My sim could buy and sell stuff from the sales tables and the paintings display frame. Other sims were selling paintings, flowers, fruits, herbs, candles, wax, dyes. So, my guess is that we can place everything on the lot to be used, regardless of what lot type is voted in for the ongoing week.
  • KittyKatKK777KittyKatKK777 Posts: 5 New Member
    what if my sims voted and built the community space, but now i want to revert it to its original neutral form. There are cheats to chnge between the three types of spaces, but not one to make it neutral again, does anyone know how to do this?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I also have doubts about the community spaces as i haven't been able to play those yet:
    Can i download for example a library from the gallery and set it as a community space?