Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I haven’t been able to play Eco Lifestyle yet

Hi guys! I haven’t even been able to play eco lifestyle yet coz I have been ill with vertigo the weekend I came out. I have enjoyed reading what everyone has been getting up to with there games and also about bugs and glitches. Really what I want to say is thank you for cheering me up while I have been so unwell 😊😊

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm glad you're feeling better!!! I'm really enjoying the pack I hope you like it! I just avoid the things that annoy me like NAP lol and pretty much play my own way 😀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @DarkLady2788 Hope you're feeling better. I never bought Eco Lifestyle after hearing about the bugs, etc. I think the devs added Sharing Is Caring to the game as revenge for the rage over EL's announcement! :D
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    They they gave us an option to turn NAPs off but it also turns off the environment. I want the environment whatever I choose without NPCs voting in weird stuff. I forgot to have my Sim vote. Now I have naked Sims everywhere. Sure we got some options but in my opinion not enough.

I am glad you are feeling better. I suffer from vertigo also and it is very disabling to me at times. I know what you go through.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I haven't been able to play too until today. I've played for about half an hour so i couldn't explore much. I've also been reading about it (thank you everyone:) ) so ive decided to disable npc nap voting right away. But now im hearing it will also disable eco footprint...? I thought those were unrelated. There are two dif toggles for them...
    If I disable NAP's the leaf where I can check the environment goes away. I will go into the game and check it out again.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Hi guys! I haven’t even been able to play eco lifestyle yet coz I have been ill with vertigo the weekend I came out. I have enjoyed reading what everyone has been getting up to with there games and also about bugs and glitches. Really what I want to say is thank you for cheering me up while I have been so unwell 😊😊

Glad you’re feeling better. 😁😎
    Eco Lifestyle is actually pretty good. The bugs are annoying,the game lags again and I think it’s the N.A.P.s. A good idea but not thought out.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    @telmarina you are correct. My bad! I overlooked the setting to just turn off NAP's. Thanks for pointing that out. Anyway, again to the OP. Hope you get to play soon.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @AnnLee87 i don’t even know what triggered my vertigo this time! It’s good to know someone else in the sims community knows what it is and how hard it is just to do the simplest things such as play the sims ☺️☺️
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Candle candle candle!!! It is weird how much I like mundane things which are part of sims life. I just got laundry pack and I love it ! Really like gameplay which is integrated into part of sims life instead of something they go and do once.
    @jimbbq I have all stuff packs, game packs and eps . I do love laundry it makes the game more realistic if you don’t have any mods or cc like me ☺️
    @DarkLady2788 What type of vertigo do you have? Do you take Meclizine? I have central vertigo which has nothing to do with my ear. Not sure what brought it on but my Dad had it and my nephew has it. I did find that out that my symptoms can be linked to hydration. I can drink tea and coffee all day but I also have to drink a lot of water. If I don't drink enough water it gets bad and I have to up my medication. I work at a call center so I can sit and work. If my vertigo happens at work I have to leave my car and call a taxi or a family member to get me home. It takes a day or two (sometimes longer) for the medication to start working again.
    Although I have linked mine to hydration it still happen sometimes. For instance I can not sit down and read a book and when I ride in a car as a passenger I have to move my head around. I can't just stare out the window and day dream. Focusing my eyes on one thing that is stationary brings on my vertigo which has awful symptoms as you know. I have a small blinking light next to my computer at work which makes me blink. At home I have little light shows that play in every room. Yes, the Sims have similar ones for both kids and adults. lol Anyway, we all have to cope with one thing or another. Glad to meet someone that knows what I go through. Remember what works for me may not work for others. The triggers may also very.
    @AnnLee87 i have Labyrinthitis so I get the dizzy and unbalanced also the vomiting the only meds that work for me are Prochlorperazine. This time I think my sinuses brought it on coz they were very sore the day before. I have asthma and everything that comes with it so I’m on a antihistamine every day too. The first time I had it I was off my work for 6 months had load of test and bloods taken and all they could say is it vertigo. It’s just so hard knowing that a single head movement the wrong way can trigger it .
    edited June 2020
    @DarkLady2788 "It’s just so hard knowing that a single head movement the wrong way can trigger it ." Yes, exactly! Yeah, doctors have to treat the symptoms because there is no cure. A couple of years ago I had to move because I kept falling down the stairs. I can not walk and carry something with both hands. I always have to have one hand on something like a railing or wall so I use a cane or I have to walk with my head tilted to the right. I don't take medication all the time because it makes me tired. I would sleep all time. I only take medication (antihistamine) when I am vomiting and can't function because everything is spinning too fast. The last time I took it I slept 18 hours. When I woke up the room was still spinning so I took more medication and went back to sleep. The bad symptoms eventually calm down but it never goes away. If I move to quickly my head spins. The other day I was out in the yard and something startled me and I jumped. I ended up crawling back inside because I did not have my cane. I just took a nap this time and it calmed down but it's always there mildly.

edited: spelling