Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad News (The "Self"acy) - Trying to Recover My Legacy...Save.

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
Screenshot-111.jpg

Luckily I've learned that keeping ALL my saves is a good thing. However...the problem is that my River/Haruo Legacy Save is so clogged up that I'm going to have to figure out:

a) to clean it with Save Cleaner OR:
b) revert to a River/Haruo pre-death save which I can only hope will load up.

The latest save took two and a half hours to load up...and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to recover it since it lags so badly that it's practically unplayable. When it takes 15 minutes to get into CAS...to save each son and daughter; grand-daughter and grandson (times it by four children and ten grandchildren, plus extended family members...it might not be worth it.

What I'm going to attempt to do:

1. Fix hair from those sims who went bald; K has the tombstones of their ancestors in her personal inventory, set up so that the entire Johansson-Chikamori family can be saved to bin.
2. Same with Brianna's family (Miyazaki-Chikamori); save them to a separate family file.
3. Same with Allan's family.
4. Same with Alanna's family.
5. Same with the Wainright-Steel family (relatives).
6. Same with "Empress of Evil" and VJ; same with Parker, Miraj and Ethan (the cops). (Who are the sidebars in the whole murder thing).

I'm assuming that this will take at least six hours to do. So I'm going to give it a shot to make sure that I can do what I can to save this extended family...but I'm not hopeful that I'm going to be successful. I'll keep my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited June 2020
    Two and a half hours? Wow. I would have long given up on that :open_mouth: . Hmm, I use Save Cleaner from time to time. Gets rid of all that CAS garbage the game produces.

Also, as long as you are not dealing with Traveler-connected worlds, Porter is always a good option to move all families you care for at once to a new copy of the town or a different one.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @Turjan; I need to ask @TadOlson what the process was in being able to lock anyone completely from immigrating because after this, I'm thinking about plopping the whole family into a "Blank" town and having them starting their own dynasty.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited June 2020
    Well, yeah, that's something I do for all my towns. I don't need any random immigrants, at least not as residents. My game will still produce sims it thinks it needs in careers with no other members, but those stay homeless. I don't remember exactly where this was done from the top of my head (or rather, it's easy to confuse the settings for role sims with those for residents), as I've had it in my SP settings for ages now, and I always just copy those over.

A good start is always here: Population - Town Management

Using Porter to place your extended family in a blank town (well, nearly blank, as you need at least one sim there as anchor to invoke the "Unpack" command) is oddly satisfying.