Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

+Simply looking for some feedback from all of you amazing builders out there!+

Now, normally I'm a sim builder, contest creator type. Though, have recently taken a fancy to building homes. I havent uploaded any because my uploader is kaput, but am planning on adding them to thesimsresource.com.

Below are some screenshots of an ongoing build I am working on. It's my first attempt ever at a modern home, and I just was wanting some feedback on the overall structure of the building. (windows, doors, building structure.)

I see so many of you with amazing homes and I aspire to be build homes like you. I assume the only way to do that is through constructive criticism.

:wink:

Here's what i know:
1)Im not 100% on the color scheme of things, still playing around with that.

2)Im not sold on the garage either. Im debating making it an open carport.

3) I feel like there's a giant void in front of the main windows that im not sure what to do with. Suggestions?

23sat0l.jpg

2zr2cyg.jpg

2q2inba.jpg

I anxiously await your replys. ;]

Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
Looking forward to seeing you around!

Comments

• DaeneliaDaenelia Posts: 757 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have just woken up, but lemme see...

The colour scheme is simple. But that goes very well with the clean lines of the design. Plus if you want to do something cooky you can add some trees 'n' stuff, right?

I like the detached garage. But our front door is now hidden. behind the pool.

*imagines coming home drunk, getting to the front door and ending up in the pool* Because I would.

So what stands out for me is the placement of the front door. Maybe you could move it to the other side? With the huge lawn in front of it? Because I like the steps to the pool and the way the pool is secluded and tucking in between the garage and the house.
    Dae's Sims 4 Houses -see what I've been building.
  • commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh yes. I already have some landscaping plotted out. :]

Thanks for the suggestion, i have been struggling with the front door too and now that you put it in the perspective like that, ill definately have to alter it!

:lol:

I'll give it a whirl sometime tomorrow after i, myself, wake up and get the day going.

Thanks again.
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited August 2009
    besides the great ideas daenelia has already mentioned, i think you could change the colour. not that i don´t like it, but it takes away the "modern" feeeling in my opinion. may be you could try 2 different matching colours, say e.g. white and a colour you really love added, and play around with them? i think it would make your lot a bit more interesting. other than this i like the concept itself. with the front door visible and some landscaping it will be a great lot! have fun :-)